Persona 4 Golden for Wii U or 3DS?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 1/30/2013 4:38:50 AM
Anyone see this happen in the long run? I mean SMT4 will be on 3DS instead of PS3.

Just last week SMT x Fire Emblem was announced for Wii U so Persona 4 Golden (or Persona 5) could go there if it sells well enough. The Wii U also has the same pricing as Vita (w/ memory cards), so it would make more sense and cheaper on consumers.
#2RasolisuPosted 1/30/2013 4:42:31 AM
I suspect that Main series and Devil survivor will stay on Nintendo junk with Persona and Persona team made games (I mean Catherine) staying on Playstation and Xbox.
#3TheExiled280Posted 1/30/2013 4:57:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:27:39 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
No and why do people act like the Vita has only one Memory Card?

Al I know is my 3DS XL came with an SD card and was $50 cheaper. Based on the pricing of Vita's system and memory cards, this system's cost increases into the Wii U price range. Which makes me wonder why this game wasn't a Wii U launch title in the first place since it's generally a better deal and would've been a safer bet for Atlus.
#5TheExiled280Posted 1/30/2013 5:56:18 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
No and why do people act like the Vita has only one Memory Card?

Al I know is my 3DS XL came with an SD card and was $50 cheaper. Based on the pricing of Vita's system and memory cards, this system's cost increases into the Wii U price range. Which makes me wonder why this game wasn't a Wii U launch title in the first place since it's generally a better deal and would've been a safer bet for Atlus.

uh... PSV Wi-Fi + 8GB -16GB = $280 - 310
Wii U starts at $300 with 8GB and is $350 with 32GB (same as Vita with 32GB)

overall Nintendo didn't get ridiculous with 32GB like Sony did I guess

anyway, there is absolutely no guarantee that P4G would have sold better on Wii U because it would have been another console P4 game. P4G on Vita offers something unique: Persona 4 on a handheld that you can play anywhere.

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally would have opted for the PS2 version if Golden had been announced for Wii U. This also follows their current trend with the Persona re-releases.
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#6GaboadoPosted 1/30/2013 10:03:49 AM
Sony is making the main games exclusive. ( Arena is a spin off even if itīs kind of a sequel of Persona 3/4. All the other Persona remakes and original games are still in Sony consoles/handelds ). Expect Persona 5 for PS3 or PS4.
#7The_DjokerPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:09 AM(edited)
Why the hell would it be on Wii U? Companies will not support that crap exclusively. Maybe a port for 3DS but I doubt it. I rather have an enhanced Persona 3 Fes port on 3DS

Sony is making the main games exclusive

Sony aren't doing anything. IT's just more convenient for Atlus to make games on the Sony handhelds. Atlus will most likely make Persona 5 on multiplat consoles depending on how the market is. If Atlus care about the US market, then it will most likely be a 360/Ps3 multiplat. Atlus's biggest game this gen is Catherine and that was multiplat. Any ports/low budget games they've shafted onto handhelds. Arena is also an Atlus game, despite being developed by Arcs, Atlus published and own the game. Sony have no say on anything.

---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#8SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/30/2013 11:29:57 AM
I'd like to see Persona at least go multiplatform just for the fanboy tears alone. It was pretty glorious with SMTIV being announced for the 3DS, but it would be even more amazing if it was a Persona game due to its higher popularity. It'd be like Final Fantasy XIII all over again.
#9Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:45:03 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Sony aren't doing anything. IT's just more convenient for Atlus to make games on the Sony handhelds. Atlus will most likely make Persona 5 on multiplat consoles depending on how the market is. If Atlus care about the US market, then it will most likely be a 360/Ps3 multiplat. Atlus's biggest game this gen is Catherine and that was multiplat. Any ports/low budget games they've shafted onto handhelds. Arena is also an Atlus game, despite being developed by Arcs, Atlus published and own the game. Sony have no say on anything.

Nintendo's current systems seem to be the new PlayStation, so to speak (DS : PS1 :: 3DS : PS2), whereas the PS3 is in all honestly the N64 of modern consoles. I'm amazed Sony even retained any 3rd party support; the fact Persona 4 was on PS2 instead of PS3 says it all.

I see Persona 5 being on Wii U more likely than Xbox 360, as it would sell far better with Nintendo than the shooter console. That is, if it doesn't end up being 3DS exclusive like SMT4.
#10Paradox_KnightPosted 1/30/2013 6:47:45 PM
SMT was originally on the NES so I see that continuing on the Nintendo.

Nocturne was an oddity, it was on the PS2 and is the only SMT game that's on the PS2. Everything else isn't actually part of the SMT core franchise.

Persona is it's own franchise. Megami Ibunroku.

Persona started on the Playstation 1 and never went into another console. So expect Persona to remain solely on a Sony console. Maybe it's an early exclusivity contract or maybe it's just maintaining fidelity to a fanbase who expects the game to continue existing on a Sony console.

Who knows.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on a port of Persona 4 unto any non-Sony consoles.
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.