i think im gonna get the vita just for this game

#1mangobuttPosted 1/31/2013 12:32:27 AM
i used to play the ps2 version so much and loved it :)
---
PSN: mangobutt
#2Jeth86Posted 1/31/2013 12:37:00 AM
P4G's a good selling point for sure, but there are plenty of other good games for it as well. It's totally worth getting a Vita for Golden though.
#3mangobutt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:37:57 AM
Jeth86 posted...
P4G's a good selling point for sure, but there are plenty of other good games for it as well. It's totally worth getting a Vita for Golden though.

what games would you recommend
---
PSN: mangobutt
#4Jeth86Posted 1/31/2013 12:42:56 AM
Gravity Rush, Assassin's Creed 3, New Little King's Story, DJ Max Technika Tune, and judging by what others said, Ragnarok Odyssey.
#5Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 1:21:12 AM
If you have PS+, you'll have a few free games available to you right off the bat:
Wipeout 2048 (Racing), Gravity Rush (Unique Adventure Gravity Action), Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Third person platformer/shooter), Retro City Rampage (Retro mixed Open World) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Action).

Now, what games you want will obviously depend on your tastes. There's the much beloved Corpse Party games that I for one never experienced since I'm not huge on horror. Earth Defense Force is on the pricey side right now but it's definitely a very fun and entertaining pick up and play full cheesy campy third person shooter arcade style. DJ Max Tune Technika is a fun rhythm game, other such fun rhythm games include Lumines, Vocaloid Hatsune Miku's Diva F if you want to try importing and Orgarhythm, a strategy game mixed with a rhythm game.

For platformer puzzle, you've got both Dokuro and Escape Plan, one is more traditional whereas the other makes more use of the multitude of functionality that the Vita possesses.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is not a good Silent Hill game but is a very fun and entertaining dungeon crawler game. It's not in the same line as, say, Diablo as it's not really a loot fest type, but it's very functional, well balanced and just generally entertaining with multiple ending and an extended 100 floor dungeon for when you're past the story.

Ragnarok Odyssey and the upcoming Soul Sacrifice will be filling the loot focused action game genre as well, they both have some aspects similar to the well known Monster Hunter series but each have their own personal take on things. Ragnarok plays more like an RPG in some aspects and is more liberating in others with a free class selection system that encourages experimentation as well as a greater focus on Norse mythology, having you face up against giants, titans and the likes. Soul Sacrifice will be coming up with the gimmick of sacrificing objects or body parts for power which may have an impact to the story. It's not out yet but I'm looking forward to it.

For the one-man-army game genre, there's the aforementioned Earth Defense Force 2017, but there's also Dynasty Warriors Next which is a great 3D battlefield control beat-em-up.

For high focus on story. Corpse Party which I mentioned earlier is one title I hear, but there's also Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (but you'll need to overlook some stupidity on some character's part and the fact that the game is NOT making proper use of the prisoner's dilemma. Barring those facts, you might enjoy it just fine for the character and the odd plot).

Ah yes, and I forget. Motorstorm RC is a free game with full trophy support.

Oh... and also for platformer, just popped into my mind. There's both Sound Shapes and Little Big Planet Vita to consider, and Sumioni: Demon Arts which has some Okami inspiration in it.

For fighting games. I'd say Mortal Kombat is your best Bang for your Buck with all DLCs free in cartridge. In the same vein, Disgaea 3 is a turn based strategy game that has all the DLCs of it's PS3 version and extra content free and in cartridge.

For just mindless fun, there's also Touch My Katamari...

And for pure shooter. The best to date, I think, is Unit 13.

And finally... You've got the library of PSP games and PS1 classics.

If you go into those. I'd suggest (PS1 classics) Parasite Eve for your JRPG cravings, as well as Breath of Fire 4, Chrono Cross, Grandia, Legend of Mana, Wild Arms 1/2, Xenogears and for more action, Threads of Fate and Alundra.

Kinda wish Suikoden 1 and 2 would be in the market...
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#6Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 1:32:34 AM
PS Vita quick tutorial:

Start Screen: If you have a picture saved in your photo gallery, look at it and in the lower right you can tap a (...) for more option, you can choose to use the picture as your Start Screen.

Main Menu: Hold the screen to customize, you can add more pages up and down, change the background color which will remain consistent when shifting left and right and put a background image for that page. Feel free to color code/match with the background, that's what I did. This is also how you move around the Icons on your main menu.

PS Button: Hold it to bring up a quick menu for Brightness and digitally control the volume. You can also disable microphone from that menu.

PS Button + Start: Takes a snapshot of whatever's currently showing on the screen. This doesn't work on PS1 games or PSP games, I'm guessing because it's running in an emulator and the screenshot command doesn't overlap.

PS1 and PSP games: Hold the screen. This will bring up a customization menu and for the PS1, the memory card menu as well. For PSP, this is where you can change what the right analog is. I suggest setting it up as the D-pad, it fixes a lot of problems for PSP games and even makes some games (like Class of Heroes) playable with one hand.

You've got buttons: Initially you couldn't go around with the use of the controls, but now you can. L and R will shift pages left and right. The D-pad/analog will be used for other forms of navigation. Hold O to remove a page and press X to select etc etc blah blah obvious is obvious.

Enjoy.

Oh and. The Party Chat thing is for setting up voice lobbies when games don't offer online voice systems and stuff and yeah.

Oh and, if you own a PS3 or even if you don't. The Vita PSN profile background will differ, or rather can differ, from your PS3 one. Just go to edit your profile via accessing your profile through Friends and there, edit it and you can also change the background to have an image. I myself have an image of Wild Arms 2 for my background.

Ah and last but not least. You can make your own wallpaper. Just crop an image down or cut out an image portion to 960 x 544 pixels. Real easy with IRfanView. Or use the Vita's browser, download an image, manually zoom around by pinching/unpinching on the screen to adjust, take a screenshot and then just use that screenshot for your wallpaper. There's a few workaround options for this as you can see.
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#7JuliopodPosted 1/31/2013 9:03:19 AM
This is the reason I bought my Vita and I have no regrets.
I also got to play Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes as an added bonus.
#8RagingTasmanianPosted 1/31/2013 12:30:53 PM
I got mine with a deal so I got Assassin's Creed III: Liberation as well. But the deal was just for a bonus game for regular price.
I only have two games, P4G and AC. Haven't touched AC. I agree with the others, P4G is a good reason to go get a vita.
#9adroge01Posted 1/31/2013 12:35:18 PM
RagingTasmanian posted...
I got mine with a deal so I got Assassin's Creed III: Liberation as well. But the deal was just for a bonus game for regular price.
I only have two games, P4G and AC. Haven't touched AC. I agree with the others, P4G is a good reason to go get a vita.

This is pretty exactly what I did. I got the AC3 bundle, Persona 4, and a bunch of other games.... I have barely only touched a few. Once I started playing P4, I've been playing it almost exclusively - my poor PS3.

For me, P4 and the Vita is totally worth it. I've never played a persona game before either. I did see it in stores when it came out. I wish I got into this franchise sooner.
#10TluhdatsiPosted 1/31/2013 1:14:09 PM
The other game I've really enjoyed on the Vita is Disgaea 3. It's another one where you could easily put in a couple hundred hours on multiple playthroughs.

I was having fun with Ragnarok Odyssey, too, but I put it aside when Persona 4 came out. I plan to pick it back up once I'm done with this.
---
"We have a Constitution to protect us from the rule of 'most reasonable people'." -Butters (not the one from South Park)