Need help with Void boss

#1Sailor GoonPosted 1/31/2013 1:13:14 AM
no matter what i do, i cant kill him. I looked around here, and i dont have what people are saying to use..like black frost. I have Chie, Kanji and Yukiko. im level 38.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#2uziman477Posted 1/31/2013 1:25:42 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
dont have black frost.

Create him, then grind him to 43 so he has:

level 43 Agidyne (strong fire damage)
level 40 Mind Charge (doubles next magic attack)
level 42 Fire Amp (boosts fire attacks by 50%)

If you lower the boss' defence with some stat reducer, then mind charge and agidyne the next turn, you can do around 500~ damage each charged attack.
---
PSN: night-22 GT: Kmopotato 3DS FC: 2019 9660 6402
#3Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 1:34:57 AM
Grinding any Persona level is super easy:

Go back to Yukiko's Castle.

Fight the weak as all hell enemies and get Shuffle Time.

Pick up the Emperor Arcana Card.

Level up.

Hell, I once had five shuffle times in a row where the game just gave me Emperor Cards. One of them also had a Magician Card on top of it just to level up my skill.
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#4natchu96Posted 1/31/2013 2:35:01 AM
"I can't get past this part of the game. People keep recommending using this thing that is normally obtainable in standard game progression, but I don't have it, so what do I do?"

Well, like those guys said, get it >_>
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#5Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 4:29:33 AM
PS.

We really can't help you out more then this because we don't have a full load-out of EVERYTHING you have.

That means:
List of Equipment.

List of levels.

List of Persona with Skills and Stats listed.

List of usable items.

Why do I say you'd need to list all of that? Because outside of just getting the main recommendation, it would then depend on getting other stuff for any other sort of alternate strategy that would require more trouble for you then just getting a Black Frost.

Saying things like "Use a Super Sonic to increase your evasion" or "Try using a lot of Tetrakarn and Physical Mirror" wouldn't be worth anything if you don't have those items or skills. Neither would be saying "Equip the Bone on Yosuke to give him more Crit chances" or stuff like that if you don't have those equipment, or telling you to use Chie's Power Charge for example if she doesn't happen to be at the level to have it.

Think of this post as an apology that we can't really help you out more then this. But it's just how it is. Unless we have all the details, we can't really help you plan anything other then the simplest of solution. And that solution is: Black Frost.

And honestly. That is also the path of least resistance. It's relatively effortless and doesn't require as much brain wracking as anything else.
---
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#6Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:26:58 AM
How do I create him when I dont even have what you need to create him?
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#7metamaraPosted 1/31/2013 11:29:51 AM
Get them or start fusing?
#8demunpuncherPosted 1/31/2013 11:31:42 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
How do I create him when I dont even have what you need to create him?

By making the personas you need to create him. Look at their Arcana and level, then take three below it, one above and one below, or 2 above and fuse them. Then fuse the results into Black Frost
#9KotetsuPosted 1/31/2013 11:34:44 AM
You don't NEED Black Frost to win. I don't remember using it. I remember the boss being a pain, but I didn't have too many issues.

If you're playing on Normal difficulty or lower, just keep hitting him and keep your health up.
#10Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:00:02 PM
Black Frost Materials:

Pixie (Yukiko's first floors castle... Seriously if you don't have Pixie. I'm having questions)

Ghoul (Yukiko's Castle late floors or Kanji's Bathhouse early floors, or two higher level Death Arcana fused down)

Jack Frost (Hard to miss. If you don't have it. Fuse Hua Po + Orobas + Pixie. If not, fuse Pyro Jack + Hua Po)

Pyro Jack (Dis + Hua Po. Hua Po + Jack Frost + Orobas. I say these because they're the simplest way to get them)

King Frost (Emperor Arcana, probably the harder one to get.)

Just use the Fusion Chart image or Zoelius' guide in the Persona section, he suggests a few fusions to get these guys.

Outside of this quick fix Persona.

The other solution is simple:

Keep your health high.

Keep doing damage.

Black Frost is a means to this solution because he'll make you immune to many things and deal heavy damage simultaneously.

Again. Apologies but without a full list of items or whatnot, it's hard to help you figure out a strategy that we know will not require you running around getting the material or levels for. So again, the simplest answer we all go to is Black Frost. (And luckily. Black Frost is not just a one-shot Persona. He's good enough to keep for a long period of time)
---