Need help with Void boss

#31Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:08:50 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
Are you using Mediarama? Because if you do that ever turn, you'll never die.

Using that is useless when he can put down 2-3 consecutive hits that kill 2 of my characters. I tried not using black frost anymore and was making a little progress with lowering his Attack, but he keeps getting the 2-3 hits in.
I feel like I'm severely under levelled to fight him but I'm level 45
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#32ConMan8Posted 2/3/2013 1:19:34 AM
If you buff your team's health (Marakukaja) and debuff his attack (Tarunda) his damage output will be reduced to something like 50%. Combined with Yukiko's Divine Grace Mediarama, you shouldn't have any problems.

Masukukaja and Sukunda will help a lot, too. Increased dodge and hit rate, so you can avoid damage altogether a lot more. And the opposite for the boss.

I'd recommend Invigorate as well if you're doing all the buffing.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#33natchu96Posted 2/3/2013 3:27:55 AM(edited)
ConMan8 posted...
If you buff your team's health (Marakukaja) and debuff his attack (Tarunda) his damage output will be reduced to something like 50%. Combined with Yukiko's Divine Grace Mediarama, you shouldn't have any problems.

Masukukaja and Sukunda will help a lot, too. Increased dodge and hit rate, so you can avoid damage altogether a lot more. And the opposite for the boss.

I'd recommend Invigorate as well if you're doing all the buffing.

One of the few posts on this board that shows how useful buffs and debuffs are . . .

TC, we've all done this part of the game before, some of us multiple times. There should be no way in heck he's killing your healer and one of your attackers that easily in two turns. Spam healing from your healer and guard as necessary if you have to, but it honestly shouldn't happen. And as it has been said, if he gets a third turn, it's entirely your fault for not seeing his highly telegraphed pattern. If he gets a fourth turn, well, there's nothing to say.

From your posts, he once rebuilt the hero by reconstructing the shell two turns in a row when you fought him. He did that to me, too. My mind charged Agidynes kept him from getting past the first stage of rebuilding before, but once he did that the Hero was essentially inevitable, really. But the Hero barely lasted two turns after that with all the heavy pummeling. Not actually getting hit by anything helps a lot. Having looked up some topics on skills in this board a bit before I started, I noticed a trend in recommending (ma)sukukaja, and I managed to get that onto Black Frost (don't remember how), which became the ma- version when I struck lucky with my first magician card in this game during shuffle time. The fight was mostly guarding appropriately against the Shadow form, constant healing, and going all-out dodgefest on the Hero.

All Yukiko did in that fight and fights before was heal, really; later on in the game, I only healed maybe once every three turns, and she was nuking the bosses for me O_0
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#34metamaraPosted 2/3/2013 6:09:32 AM
Tarunda and marakukaja increase survivability so you can take more blows.

Rakunda and matarukaja increase damage, so you can kill faster.

Sukunda and masukukaja increase hit/evade.

Tarunda debuff (drop enemy offense) and marakukaja buff (increase party defense) can stack their effect, so use both when fighting bosses.

When fighting random battles, you should consider getting auto passives.
#35Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:23:12 AM
I finally beat the bastard! I did some grinding and went up a level, and got a new Persona with some buffs I didnt have before. I used that Persona until it had Null Fear, as I kept getting hit by Fear in the battle and couldnt get rid of it quick enough.
The funny thing is, I didnt even need to use that skill during the battle. That was by far the hardest boss in the game so far.
---
#36RagingTasmanianPosted 2/4/2013 11:54:00 AM
See, I think the problem was not that we were wrong, but you weren't telling us the problem. Now you tell us you're getting Feared, in which we would've told you to get some item that prevents it or a Null Fear skill.

That being said, congrats! He can get tricky at times.
#37porkins_da_manPosted 2/4/2013 1:17:56 PM
I used the black frost mind charge combo with Chie dealing the physical and occasional ice damage, Yosuke with wind and buffing and debuffing, and Yukiko with divine grace and mediarama and fire damage. I didnt have any problem with grinding, for some reason I can't go a single dungeon without running into at least 15 gold hands. I also had plenty of revival beads and maca leaves.
#38DB-RBPosted 2/4/2013 1:21:57 PM
what difficulty are you on? and what persona did you use??? black frost should've done 565 damage per agidyne on normal or lower.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#39Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:59:32 PM
I'm on Normal. I used Black Frost and another Persona (can't remember the name, but he's a big crow). I used Black Frost for attacks, and the other for buffs of defense. Used some items to buff my attacks.
---