So about teddie (spoilers)

#1mistermikeymikePosted 1/31/2013 1:25:35 PM
Is there any explanation for teddie? i mean why is his shadow so smart? what is he? if he's a shadow why does he have a shadow?
---
So Damn Foxy.
#2_BTT_Posted 1/31/2013 1:39:06 PM
Yes.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#3GaboadoPosted 1/31/2013 1:40:17 PM
He is Nanako´s shadow.
#4GSSAGE7Posted 1/31/2013 1:49:01 PM
He has a Shadow because he has an ego. Teddie was clearly wondering about what he was ever since he was introduced. On some level, he must have considered his true nature, but rejected and suppressed the thoughts. The TV World has the ability to give those suppressed thoughts a physical form, namely, a Shadow. Accepting your Shadow transforms it into a Persona, a well-established rule.

As for why Teddie's shadow seems to break the other established rules about other shadows, like being warped parodies of their normal selves and attacking without being rejected, it is implied (and confirmed in the questionably canon anime) that Ameno-Sagiri interfered with stuff.

As for what exactly Teddie is and what makes him so special... hell if I know.
#5Alias_NemesisPosted 1/31/2013 3:52:43 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...

So you're saying there is NO in-game explanation as to WHAT is/ WHO is Teddie and where he came from?
---
PSN = Dudecough {Now Playing: Dark Souls & Persona 4:G}
http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif%5D - http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Super_Spice_Bros_64.swf
#6EmeralDragon23Posted 1/31/2013 3:55:45 PM
he's the manifestation of Kanji, Yosuke and Naoto's insatiable sexual appetites
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Last Story, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
#7ConMan8Posted 1/31/2013 4:00:50 PM
Teddie is a human.
He has shadows. He has personas.

I'm pretty sure the game outright tells you this.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#8EmiHinataPosted 2/1/2013 1:40:21 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
He has a Shadow because he has an ego. Teddie was clearly wondering about what he was ever since he was introduced. On some level, he must have considered his true nature, but rejected and suppressed the thoughts. The TV World has the ability to give those suppressed thoughts a physical form, namely, a Shadow. Accepting your Shadow transforms it into a Persona, a well-established rule.

As for why Teddie's shadow seems to break the other established rules about other shadows, like being warped parodies of their normal selves and attacking without being rejected, it is implied (and confirmed in the questionably canon anime) that Ameno-Sagiri interfered with stuff.

All of this. He's just a Shadow that managed to break free of the rest of the collective desires of the Shadows--perhaps Ameno-Sagiri messed with him, or maybe he just happened to be able to think about things.
---
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
#9GSSAGE7Posted 2/1/2013 2:23:45 AM
Alias_nemesis posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

So you're saying there is NO in-game explanation as to WHAT is/ WHO is Teddie and where he came from?

The explanation is that he's a shadow who wanted friends, and took a form to not scare people. The How's and Whys's weren't answered.
#10The_JestPosted 2/1/2013 3:33:01 AM
I do believe I explained this before, but I do have a theory about Teddie. I believe that Teddie is no ordinary Shadow, for if he was, why then hasn't this happened ever before?

It's a little difficult to explain accurately with this character limit, but to sum it up: There are three kinds of Shadows around: the regular shadows, the Shadow Selves, and Special ones like Teddie here. It's possible that Teddie is in fact a culmination of Shadows, a culminations of fragments of egos coming together to form an ego of its own, Human emotion was the catalyst to awakening to that ego, making him able to shape-shift such as from the form he was to the form we know him as, to the human form he possesses. It's possibly because he formed an ego of his own, that Ameno-Sagiri managed to break a fragment off to control, that fragment then becoming Kintoki-Douji.

This isn't the first time this kind of thing happened. Remember Ryoji? He was the result of a countless amount of shadows coming together to form a shadow capable to be the appraiser of Nyx. (As told by Ikutsuki himself, no reason to lie with that info, just take out the appraiser of Nyx part like he did.) When he was inside of Minato's/Hanako's mind, He gained a human side and form as a result of interactions with him/her as they piece him together, literally. He could shape-shift, he had human emotions awaken by interaction, a human form, and considering his origin, I don't think that really has anything to do with Nyx, ...except for being her Avatar that last time we see him. Hell, they even had the same kind of emotions of experience combined with innocent naivety, (And yes, if Atlus wanted to, they could have actually given Ryoji a Persona if this is accurate enough.)

Some could speculate that maybe Teddie IS Ryoji. ...And yes, I suppose it's possible, though on the other hand, he never mentioned any knowledge of anyone from SEES in P4A, and out of all of them, you'd think he'd at least know Aigis if that was the case. So I don't think that's the case. I believe that it's simply that Teddie and Ryoji had the same results from the same process. How this process happened with Teddie when Ryoji's was artificial, I don't know. However, he lives in the collective unconsciousness, so it's possible that it happened naturally.

Alas, This is just a personal theory based on the information collected from both P3 and P4. But I do believe it holds water.
---
You can pretend the theatrical end and imagine your world as the best, or you can break the seal in what you believe is real and realize your reality's a jest.