I've worked out who Teddie is... *SPOILER*

#1Bisected8Posted 1/31/2013 4:34:06 PM(edited)
He's ATLUS's shadow, representing their need to make sure their games make a profit in the form of a cutesy mascot character.

Since marketing also needs good PR he has a bear-y friendly personality, but no understanding of the real world.

Shadow Teddie represents ATLUS Europe.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#2ConMan8Posted 1/31/2013 4:36:39 PM
"I shall give you the truth you claim to hold so dear... The inescapable fact of your import's death here!"

Atlus already have a mascot though. He should've been Teddie Frost or Jack Teddie or something.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#3Final_galePosted 1/31/2013 4:41:27 PM
ConMan8 posted...
Atlus already have a mascot though. He should've been Teddie Frost or Jack Teddie or something.

Doesn't Teddie get a Jack Frost color option in Persona 4 Arena?
#4Bisected8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:18:45 PM
ConMan8 posted...
"I shall give you the truth you claim to hold so dear... The inescapable fact of your import's death here!"

But Teddie isn't Atlus's mascot, just a representation of their need for one. =P
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#5Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:21:15 PM
Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, Black Frost, Jack the Ripper, Raihou and Ace Frost would like to have a word with you.

(Jack the Ripper by the way is from the Virtua Boy game Jack Bros. by Atlus)
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#6Bisected8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:23:10 PM
What about?

I said he was their shadow, not their mascot. The fact they have one supports the idea.
---
#7Paradox_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:28:54 PM
Hey! You never let them say their word!

Here it is:

"Hee-ho!"

Done.
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#8terran3999999Posted 1/31/2013 7:14:52 PM
So if Teddie is Atlus' Shadow does that mean Jack Frost is Atlus' Persona? No wonder they use Jack Frost so much!
On a serious note, isn't Jack Frost the official mascot of Atlus/SMT?
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.