Anyone who plays Persona like the Corpse Party Games?

#1BeyondLSDPosted 2/1/2013 12:10:49 PM
it showed up on my "You might Like" list in the PSN store. i had bough P3P back when it was on sale.

how is it structured? worth it? was thinking about picking it up... there's two games... which one should i get first? or does it not matter...
---
----------------------
PSN: BeyondESP
#2pokemonmaster0Posted 2/1/2013 12:13:44 PM
Corpse party is a fantastic horror game.
I should note though that it doesn't really have rpg elements, it's more of a adventure game, you wander around the haunted school looking for things to solve basic puzzles.
Also get corpse party first (If you're using a JP account for whatever reason it's blood covered: repeated fear, but in the US it's just corpse party) Book of shadows is a direct sequel and more or less requires playing the first one. Should note book of shadows is more of a visual novel than the first game and changes is the way exploration is handled.
#3RinkuTanukiPosted 2/1/2013 2:31:41 PM
They're phenomenal games. Play with headphones in the dark.
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#4Godstriker8Posted 2/2/2013 12:51:13 AM
Yeah they're pretty good. I, even got tense playing this game.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#5solidoutlawPosted 2/2/2013 1:12:50 AM
I fricken love corpse party!
---
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#6synthetiksinPosted 2/2/2013 1:36:08 AM
It's a visual novel with game elements. The game is based off an old ass rpg maker game, iirc. So the gaming part of it is slow and you'll need to get used to it. It's a fantastic series though, tons of endings, tons of stuff that can happen, ****** IMMERSION (if you play it at the right place and time). This game needs your full attention in a dark room with headphones on, the experience is just breathtaking. Don't let the game fool you, it might look like a nes game but some of the crap that happens is just scary, scarier than most modern horror games.
#7PhantomReaperXPosted 2/2/2013 2:03:10 AM
synthetiksin posted...
It's a visual novel with game elements. The game is based off an old ass rpg maker game, iirc. So the gaming part of it is slow and you'll need to get used to it. It's a fantastic series though, tons of endings, tons of stuff that can happen, ****** IMMERSION (if you play it at the right place and time). This game needs your full attention in a dark room with headphones on, the experience is just breathtaking. Don't let the game fool you, it might look like a nes game but some of the crap that happens is just scary, scarier than most modern horror games.

This, all of this. The story is great especially if you play with headphones at night. The things you see in the game will probably keep you awake the rest of the night XD
---
Gamertag PS3: Phantom_Reaper_X
I play Blazblue CSE: Tsubaki, Persona4 Arena: Naoto, and WO3 online