NG+ - What S.Links to focus on?

#1SkybladeNoxPosted 2/1/2013 9:07:33 PM(edited)
Just starting the NG+ and I'm trying to decide what S.links I should go for. I maxed them all in my first play through, and my compendium is at 100% completion. I'm looking to spend a bunch of time drinking coffee for skill cards, so I'll be needing a few days to skip. So far my plan is to max:

Chariot
Priestess
Fortune
Lovers
Aeon
Empress
Sun (Band)
Strength (Soccer)

Is there any real reason to not ignore the rest? I don't remember if Justice and Hiero are necessary or beneficial. Pretty sure the rest are more or less pointless, excepting Hermit which I may still do.
#2RasolisuPosted 2/1/2013 9:02:28 PM
Most skill cards can be gotten via shuffle time so focus on the unique few that cant.

If you do that you should be able to max them all.
#3DB-RBPosted 2/1/2013 9:05:48 PM
emperess and aeon for sure. jester if you haven't done this already.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#4SkybladeNox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:06:58 PM
That would be good if I hadn't maxed them all on my first time around. Some of them are just boring and uninteresting (Temperance, Devil, Death, Tower) or tedious (Justice, Hiero, Jester). I'd really rather spend less time grinding for shuffle time at the cost of some S.Links.
#5LightOfJudgmentPosted 2/1/2013 9:13:49 PM(edited)
Just go for your party members. If you have the compendium maxed then you shouldn't need to worry about S. Link EXP.

edit: may as well get the bike skills too. Yukiko gets Mind Charge with the fifth bike outing.
---
Awaiting/Want: Tales of Xillia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zerus/fail2-12.jpg
#6SkybladeNox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:19:03 PM
Just go for your party members. If you have the compendium maxed then you shouldn't need to worry about S. Link EXP.

edit: may as well get the bike skills too. Yukiko gets Mind Charge with the fifth bike outing.

Yeah, that's more or less my plan. Only doing Aeon for the true ending, Empress for the bonus boss, and Sun and Strength for the other two stories. Just wanted to confirm that the remaining links are unnecessary.
#7Rayearth87Posted 2/2/2013 1:12:09 AM
I'd include Magician and Emperor if you plan to use Yosuke and Kanji at all. If not, then your list is fine. You have the others covered. Outside of that, I'd say look over any bike skills you may want and plan accordingly, but you'll be good.
#8applegangerPosted 2/2/2013 12:56:59 PM
You can also go to the movies to get stat points for your party members. Or go to the beach to fish weapons.
#9wilfredaPosted 2/2/2013 2:00:48 PM
SkybladeNox posted...
Only doing Aeon for the true ending, Empress for the bonus boss, and Sun and Strength for the other two stories. Just wanted to confirm that the remaining links are unnecessary.

Aeon is actually not necessary for the true ending, only for the golden ending, so you could actually skip her too unless you love her dungeon so much you want to be forced to do it again.
---
my Persona 4: Golden complete costume gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAyDFtL (party spoilers possible)