Canon Relationship?

#41GSSAGE7Posted 2/2/2013 9:34:49 PM
Final_gale posted...
Yeah, there really is no canon pairing. A bit of ship teasing here and there, but that's really it. In my opinion, the games hints at Yu x Yukiko the most though, unless you count Rise's constant flirting, which seemed to be a trait of hers that was used more as a running gag than anything else IMO. Chie and Naoto have least amount of ship teasing though. Marie's another likely contender, but I still think Yukiko was ship teased the most.

With Yukiko's Social Link, you have lines like "You felt a faint hint of love from Yukiko..." before you rank up during a couple events, her interactions with you during early Social Link events show that she has a small crush on Yu even before the chance to be lovers appears, (constant blushing, employees at the inn thinking she wants to cook for a boyfriend, etc.), before the fight with the true end boss, Yukiko lets Yu finish her sentence when she tells off the final boss, and during the true ending cutscene where they chase Yu's train to say some final goodbyes, Yukiko's the first to speak, Yu smiles at her, and then the rest of the team says their goodbyes.

I may be looking into it too much, but that's how I saw it. I don't mind though, since I like Yukiko, but Naoto's tied with her for my personal favorite girl, even though Naoto's one of the more unlikely candidates.

Don't forget the fact that the "Giants of P TV Listing" shows a distinct connection between Izanagi and Konohana Sakuya. Izanagi was specifically designed with "a manly bearing", while Konohana Sakuya's design "emphasizes feminity, in contrast with Izanagi."

Yes, they actually did specifically compare the two.
#42Final_galePosted 2/2/2013 9:48:02 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Final_gale posted...
Yeah, there really is no canon pairing. A bit of ship teasing here and there, but that's really it. In my opinion, the games hints at Yu x Yukiko the most though, unless you count Rise's constant flirting, which seemed to be a trait of hers that was used more as a running gag than anything else IMO. Chie and Naoto have least amount of ship teasing though. Marie's another likely contender, but I still think Yukiko was ship teased the most.

With Yukiko's Social Link, you have lines like "You felt a faint hint of love from Yukiko..." before you rank up during a couple events, her interactions with you during early Social Link events show that she has a small crush on Yu even before the chance to be lovers appears, (constant blushing, employees at the inn thinking she wants to cook for a boyfriend, etc.), before the fight with the true end boss, Yukiko lets Yu finish her sentence when she tells off the final boss, and during the true ending cutscene where they chase Yu's train to say some final goodbyes, Yukiko's the first to speak, Yu smiles at her, and then the rest of the team says their goodbyes.

I may be looking into it too much, but that's how I saw it. I don't mind though, since I like Yukiko, but Naoto's tied with her for my personal favorite girl, even though Naoto's one of the more unlikely candidates.

Don't forget the fact that the "Giants of P TV Listing" shows a distinct connection between Izanagi and Konohana Sakuya. Izanagi was specifically designed with "a manly bearing", while Konohana Sakuya's design "emphasizes feminity, in contrast with Izanagi."

Yes, they actually did specifically compare the two.

Wow, I forgot to put that in haha. I even saw that today in the TV Listings, and I intended on adding that to my post. Damn you bad memory! *angrily shakes fist*
#43Lelouch71Posted 2/2/2013 10:04:48 PM
Final_gale posted...

I have to disagree. I think Chie, Yukiko, and Naoto are about even if you don't count social links and dialogue options to flirt. If anything I would give Naoto the slight edge since she did flirt with Yu in the ending. Rise and Marie were more open about their crush. They basically have a rivalry over him. But once again it comes down to your own personal opinion. You see Yukiko as the main girl. I believe differently. But that's the beauty of none being canon. You just go with the one feel is the best suited for the character (you).

Of course P4A made it pretty obvious that all the girls had a crush on him. I felt that Naoto was probably the most of obvious outside of Rise.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#44Nightmare637Posted 2/2/2013 10:11:03 PM
porkins_da_man posted...
ConMan8 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Yukari is the canon lover hence why she was so unstable in the Answer because she wanted to get back with man that she loved and he loved her.

The P3MC romanced every girl he knew, though. Can't go friends route on that game. Everyone would have wanted him back.

porkins_da_man posted...
You don't have to spoil her link, you just need to mention her, both arena and golden were developed and released around the same time.

You'd have a bunch of confused non-Japanese players if that happened. Golden came out way later than Arena in English-speaking countries.
Also, Arena was made by different people- maybe they didn't know about Marie.

The initial trailer that reveled Marie as a character was released in march of 2012. The ARCADE version of Persona 4 arena was released in March as well, however this did not feature a detailed story. The console release which had an actual story was released July 26, 2012, which is plenty of time in between to add one little line of dialogue refreshing one person. Also, while true P4A was made by a different company, Atlus was still in charge of the development and dictated the story.

Marie is canon and her not being in Arena could be explained in many ways.

now if the epilouge is considered canon since it refrences arena you must save marie to get the epilouge.

she is part of something that is canon that refrences something canon.

Marie is canon.

and I'm with Lelouch on the pairing issue.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#45RavenShinobiPosted 2/2/2013 10:41:17 PM(edited)
Last time I played the game I had Yu go for Naoto and frienzone everyone else, so Yu/Naoto must be canon [/sarcasm]

I've seen this subject being debated over the years with some people insisting that Naoto and Chie are out of the game because they aren't outspoken with the feelings like Rise and Yukiko. In the case of Naoto and Chie, their feelings were more subtle due to their personality, not because they didn't have athing for Yu. As for Yu, any relationship is possible dependinhg on how you play the game, and you can friendzone Rise and Yukiko and romance Chie or Naoto instead if you wish to.
---
Favorites: FF9, We <3 Katamari, Zelda: MM, Jet Grind Radio, Castlevania: SotN, Ape Escape, MGS
My anime list: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Raven_Shinobi
#46TheExiled280Posted 2/2/2013 10:48:40 PM
there is no canon relationship
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#47kratoscar2008Posted 2/3/2013 4:15:58 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
there is no canon relationship

No his hands are canon, left or right is still getting debated.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#48walnut100Posted 2/3/2013 10:18:31 PM
Yu-no-Mikoto posted...
Atlus seem to make Aigis the canon pairing for P3MC and her S.Link is the Aeon.

There's a huge possibility that Atlus is making Marie the canon pairing for Yu, given the number of special treatment and love-hate drama between Yu and Marie.

Yukari definitely makes more sense than Aigis on that one

Aigis has more of this brother/sister thing going with the P3 MC almost. She's gonna protect him at all costs and whatever
---
We Americans will never take over the world. We're far too lazy.
We'll outsource the task to India, and then take the credit for it. ~ Waffleman
#49andhrosPosted 2/4/2013 1:51:33 AM
Anime made it hard to track. Although it makes episode 19 and 20 pretty funny. Considering that they went with Ayane over Yumi that might mean something.

Also both Margaret and Nanako know the truth. "she said you were one big man-whore."
#50ShinaroujiPosted 2/4/2013 7:17:22 AM
Yukiko. You can tell by the boxart.

It's 2008 ITT all over again.
---
Playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Anticipating: Tales of Xillia, Fire Emblem 3DS, FFXIII-3