It could be just me, but... (slight spoiler)

#1LastOfLancasPosted 2/2/2013 4:16:09 PM
...having a high level persona (instead of low level) could increases your random points on social links.

For example, I fused a Kikuri-hime with the expense of me blowing most of my money on compendium to 1) beat the Rise/Teddie shadow(s) and 2) boost social link. Then, I started following the guide, until I realized some prompts were just skipped (I think it was 5-6 or 6-7 where either TV reporter comes in or the lady from the inn comes in and the last prompt was skipped) and, next thing I knew, I was one level higher than the guide (I think it was level 7, instead of 6 or something) I spent the extra hour on fishing (Yeah, not a wise decision in the retrospect)

I am sure I was following the guide to the T (or G, idk), but I can't explain how I was a level higher, other than I was using high level persona for Priestess arcana for other social links. (Thanks to that (probably), my Strength arcana took a huge hit. It's November, and it's still rank 8).

Can anyone confirm this?
---
I eat Slabs of Ham, Celery and Horseradish, Tons of Asparagus everyday!!!
#2Mana_RunighaPosted 2/2/2013 4:25:44 PM
I'm positive it's just having a persona that matches the Arcana.
#3ConMan8Posted 2/2/2013 4:32:48 PM
I've done Aeon's entire link on one playthrough with just Ame-no-Uzume, and on another with just Kaguya. Took the same amount of visits to max.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#4LastOfLancas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:41:03 AM
Thanks guys. I guess I messed it up somewhere D:

On unrelated note, I summoned Satan with Fortuna, Alraune, and Mot by fusion accident. Also, unlocked the trophy for that.
---
I eat Slabs of Ham, Celery and Horseradish, Tons of Asparagus everyday!!!