Marie's character design and attitude.

#21YatolPosted 2/3/2013 9:42:38 AM
Niyel7 posted...
Dota2 posted...
I guess people are okay with stereotypical characters if done well. Persona 4 focuses on character development and story more than other RPGs, so maybe that's why people like them. They're also very memorable. BTW if you think about it, what character in any videogame DOESN'T fit into an overplayed archetype? Barely any.

well okay that's a fair point actually.

but still, i guess its bothers me when i hear that they are the best characters ever and they're super special.

If you're talking about my original post in this topic, you should know I was joking. None of these characters are perfect. And fans do tend to "overrate" them. Maybe overrated is a better word for these characters. They're not terrible by any means, and some people loved the story and grew attached to them,

the game its self is overrated.
---
if you want a poll to be made, pm me and i will see what i can do.
#22Archwing3441Posted 2/3/2013 9:55:53 AM
I like her design
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#23Inertion5Posted 2/3/2013 10:37:27 AM
She's made just to appeal to fans. When you think about it, there's nothing wrong with that right? Except it's just SOOO obvious it hurts. Tho I see a lot of people can't notice something so simple and are just blinded by her tsunderism or whatever so they're saying this filler girl is super coolio awesome
Her part in story is such an obvious add on filler and is so unneeded but Atlus figured people don't give a s*** about story and just want moar waifus. Bluarghh
#24Lord_KagatoPosted 2/3/2013 3:32:07 PM
Dota2 posted...
Yosuke's archetype? Played to death. Chie's? Yep. Yukiko's? Yep. Teddie? Yep. Notice a pattern here?

yup and that's why i dont get why everyone likes persona 4's character so much

Luke Skywalker? Yep. Harry Potter? Yep. Jack Bauer? Yep. Sherlock Holmes? Yep.

Every kind of character has been done before. Persona 4's cast (and most SMT-game casts) are beloved because they all go a step further. They're familiar archetypes but they all have very compelling secrets or histories.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#25mistermikeymikePosted 2/3/2013 4:23:11 PM
Niyel7 posted...
Dota2 posted...
all i do is come here and express hatred imo

but i love the game too ya know.

its just pretty much the most overrated piece of media ive ever witnessed in my life

Most overrated? Well, I don't see Persona being in the same level as Call Of Duty, Halo, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc. The series has gotten popular because of P3, the fighting game and the anime but it's still not that popular compared to a lot of series.

There are WAY more overrated "pieces of media" than this, trust me.

persona is pretty overrated considering how many bad design decisions there are.
->extremely poor ingame balance. (spells)
->lategame battles are decided by way too much luck. i.e. if the boss 1hko's your party or not. if the boss lands a spell that gives them a 1more. playing on expert increases the 1hko moments.
->difficulty progression is poor at times. (laughing table in p3 from what i hear is notorious for it, same with the bonus boss in yukikos dungeon)
->dungeons are randomly generated and are not particularly interesting to explore.
->lack of complete control of characters
from sheer rpg elements persona is extremely poor in regards to a game. fusing personas is definitely very interesting imo but at the same time it's not very clear to a lot of players and is definitely making things a lot more complicated than it should.
->weapons are often quite useless. hell i was using a golf club until some time in october when i got the sword from naotos dungeon

from a pure game design standpoint persona 4 is really bad. honestly it's the characters/little stories that keep the game popular. except i'd argue that if the cutscenes make the game it's not a very good game. it's a good story.

but hey i enjoyed persona 4 and just because it's not well designed doesn't mean people shouldn't enjoy it.
---
So Damn Foxy.
#26DrakillionPosted 2/4/2013 12:57:53 AM
She earns bonus points when she said, "F'steak"

and, "Whatever. No cheating. Reservation cancelled"

Haha, get owned Rise! Huehuehuehuehue XD
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#27Nightmare637Posted 2/4/2013 1:11:11 AM(edited)
Kuxal posted...
She's made just to appeal to fans. When you think about it, there's nothing wrong with that right? Except it's just SOOO obvious it hurts. Tho I see a lot of people can't notice something so simple and are just blinded by her tsunderism or whatever so they're saying this filler girl is super coolio awesome
Her part in story is such an obvious add on filler and is so unneeded but Atlus figured people don't give a s*** about story and just want moar waifus. Bluarghh

you mean other then making the true end boss making a little bit of sense? because that was pretty good.

and sorry kuxal Maries canon no matter how much you hate her.

plus opinions, I like Marie she adds to the story.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#28RasolisuPosted 2/4/2013 4:59:43 AM
Marie is awesome and looks awesome.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111112235021/megamitensei/images/b/b9/Marie_portrait.png
#29Inertion5Posted 2/4/2013 7:00:17 AM(edited)
Nightmare637 posted...
Kuxal posted...

you mean other then making the true end boss making a little bit of sense? because that was pretty good.

and sorry kuxal Maries canon no matter how much you hate her.

plus opinions, I like Marie she adds to the story.

I honestly don't think anything in this series is canon. The whole series, both Persona SMT, are just a huge layers of wtf that makes no sense to me at all. I don't even see a connection between the SMT I, II and Nocturne.

EDIT: Also, I'm beginning to think what kratoscar keeps saying on these boards, about the Amala Universe theory. That every ending, every possibility is canon cause it leads to a new timeline bla bla. It's a very poor move on Atlus but seeing how they just add whatever they can pull out of their ass it seems like a legit theory.
Do mind it's a very sad excuse for a plot, but that's Altus for you. So yeah, I wouldn't be suprised if everything in this series is canon. Even (P3 spoilers) Chidori and Shinjiro saved from death. That way, Atlus can just keep on "expanding" their games and not give a **** if it's canon or not.Bunch of bull****.
#30terran3999999Posted 2/4/2013 10:14:41 AM
Aren't you guys a bunch of party poopers.

This is what happens when you over analyze the crap out of everything, as for me I'll leave it to the otaku with too much time.

Aside from dem stockings and her littlespeechgimmick, I thought she was an okay character, I don't abhor her like some people do.

Amala Universe theory.
Have you ever heard of the parallel dimension theory? That's basically what the Amala Network is, just with a random name. They could have named it Steins Gate for all it mattered.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.