So, does this version explain why (Naoto spoiler)

#21TwilightEchoesPosted 2/3/2013 4:02:16 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
Because the plot demanded it.

Pretty much. We can't have the characters acting smart enough to reveal important developments before the appointed time, can we?
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#22Skull007o_OPosted 2/3/2013 4:27:20 PM
vikithewaffu posted...
ConMan8 posted...
Camera would've scared the culprit off.

hidden camera
Naoto makes stupid mistakes as a detective a couple times

http://spd.fotolog.com/photo/61/51/122/pedro_astaroth/1172095754_f.jpg
#23Distant_Earth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:47:41 PM
Talikiasmi posted...
Distant_Earth posted...
So she was smart enough to set up the whole thing but not to do the most obvious things?

People do things like that all the time, dude. Haven't you ever gotten stuck on a problem and then kicked yourself, because you realize that the obvious answer was right there and you didn't get it? Smart people are just as prone to that happening as stupid people, if not even more so. Especially in incredibly tense situations- your brain starts to freak out and you rush to get everything done, which makes it much more likely that you're going to miss things.

Also, Naoto's problem seems to be that she thinks in complexities, and often doesn't really consider the incredibly obvious solutions; see the whole thing with invisible ink.

I'm not a genius detective and it's the first thing that came in my mind when i heard her plan.

Beside trying to catch the culprit and not setting any kind of camera isn't like when you forgot where you put your key, it's beyond moronic.
#24Distant_Earth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:48:36 PM
Also, she had like WEEKS to prepare the thing.
#25Inertion5Posted 2/3/2013 5:10:20 PM
For same reason the whole cast didn't figure out the killer faster. They're all pretty stupid for the sake of story lasting longer.
#26TalikiasmiPosted 2/3/2013 5:11:04 PM
Distant_Earth posted...

I'm not a genius detective and it's the first thing that came in my mind when i heard her plan.

It's a dang shame that Naoto's brain operates differently from yours, then, isn't it? Again- Naoto is decent at deductive reasoning, but she tends to rely on outside-of-the-box thinking so much that she has kind of forgotten how to think INSIDE the box. I can completely buy that she'd go through dozens of crazy preparations and contingency plans, and then never think to just put up cameras.

Beside trying to catch the culprit and not setting any kind of camera isn't like when you forgot where you put your key, it's beyond moronic.

Nah, it's more like an incredibly high-pressure situation, such as... say... being in a car accident. People tend to not think rationally during those; or times of high crisis in general.
Now, I'll give you that Naoto did have a good deal of time to plan this out, which makes it a less excusable error, but it probably wouldn't help that she was already busy doing other misc. preparations. She might even have started setting up cameras (or set up most of them and was working on the one by the front door) and just not done it quickly enough.
#27andhrosPosted 2/4/2013 12:50:08 AM
IIRC Naoto was also grabbed a lot sooner than the others after appearing on television. Naoto might have thought she had more time to set up. Also, Just because the kidnapper was crazy does not mean he was foolish. The game shows that he prepared and planned out his actions.
#28Nightmare637Posted 2/4/2013 12:57:12 AM
she diden't know when or where it would happen.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#29holyknick2Posted 2/4/2013 8:18:09 AM
andhros posted...
IIRC Naoto was also grabbed a lot sooner than the others after appearing on television. Naoto might have thought she had more time to set up. Also, Just because the kidnapper was crazy does not mean he was foolish. The game shows that he prepared and planned out his actions.

This

Considering she got kidnapped like two days after she appeared on TV and she had no idea of knowing how and where she might have been kidnapped its not like she could automatically set up a full security perimeter around her house nor could she have the time to set up a personal hidden camera.

Kuxal posted...
For same reason the whole cast didn't figure out the killer faster. They're all pretty stupid for the sake of story lasting longer.

How exactly were they going to figure out who the killer was faster?
---
"The dog always dies. Go to the library and pick out a book with an award sticker and a dog on the cover. Trust me, that dog is going down."
#30Distant_Earth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:45:53 PM
Talikiasmi posted...
Distant_Earth posted...

It's a dang shame that Naoto's brain operates differently from yours, then, isn't it? Again- Naoto is decent at deductive reasoning, but she tends to rely on outside-of-the-box thinking so much that she has kind of forgotten how to think INSIDE the box. I can completely buy that she'd go through dozens of crazy preparations and contingency plans, and then never think to just put up cameras.

More like she forgot COMMON SENSE.

Nah, it's more like an incredibly high-pressure situation, such as... say... being in a car accident. People tend to not think rationally during those; or times of high crisis in general.
Now, I'll give you that Naoto did have a good deal of time to plan this out, which makes it a less excusable error, but it probably wouldn't help that she was already busy doing other misc. preparations. She might even have started setting up cameras (or set up most of them and was working on the one by the front door) and just not done it quickly enough.

A car accident lasting weeks. A prepared car accident. Meticulously.

Wat