Do some people not like Marie?

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/3/2013 9:33:58 AM
Is Marie not as good as some people thought? Wonder why they don't like Marie? I thought she was a great character. Granted, all her role is throughout the game is she handles the skill card and her social link. And not to mention both her social link and the secret dungeon are both optional so generally speaking she doesn't have much role in the storyline. But I still thoguht she was a great character.
#2Inertion5Posted 2/3/2013 9:40:26 AM
She's unneeded. Her being cutsie doesn't make her a good character. Her being a princess in distress doesn't make her more loving. Also tsundere in general are most annoying characters. Why do you gotta act in such a way, just be honest with yourself and toward others.
#3MogMoogle1Posted 2/3/2013 9:43:37 AM
I only really liked her last couple of S Links, everything else was a bit of a chore. Also, her existence felt a bit too tacked on, more so than the true final boss. Overall, she's okay, but I feel the game could do just as well without her, or maybe do a better job at implementing her in to the game.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#4regularsharpPosted 2/3/2013 10:08:06 AM
I tolerated her by trolling her, big time. Seemed much more enjoyable this way, and I died on rank 9 when she said 'steeeeaaaaak'.

Also, her S.Links had me rolling my eyes a lot, mostly because it was like:

>You take Marie to the Junes food court or Ayia or Souzai Daigaku or SEEMINGLY ANYWHERE ...

Yosuke & Teddie roll up, "Oh, hey guys."

Yukiko & Chie enter, "Oh, what a coincidence."

Rise & Kanji & Naoto crawl out of three separate corners and say their obligatory fancy meeting you here' line.

It was reeeeally annoying.
#5TheExiled280Posted 2/3/2013 10:11:45 AM
regularsharp posted...
I tolerated her by trolling her, big time. Seemed much more enjoyable this way, and I died on rank 9 when she said 'steeeeaaaaak'.

>You take Marie to the Junes food court or Ayia or Souzai Daigaku or SEEMINGLY ANYWHERE ...

Rise & Kanji & Naoto crawl out of three separate corners and say their obligatory fancy meeting you here' line.

Its annoying that they added extra fan service scenes including the entire main cast? Right....
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#6Inertion5Posted 2/3/2013 10:14:17 AM
regularsharp posted...

Now I dislike her existence in the game even more. Talk about subtlety Atlus.
#7MogMoogle1Posted 2/3/2013 10:16:26 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
Its annoying that they added extra fan service scenes including the entire main cast? Right....

I think it's more of an issue of them feeling forced in to those scenes so that there is an actual reason to save her. It would have had a better impact if she was actually involved in the main cut scenes instead of her presence localized within her own S Link.
---
#8ethsfanPosted 2/3/2013 10:39:02 AM
ive liked her since the first time i met her plus her va is hot lol.

i bet she cooks better than chie, yukiko, and rise. plus poems > kung fu/imagi inn/popstar
#9MogMoogle1Posted 2/3/2013 10:42:26 AM
ethsfan posted...
ive liked her since the first time i met her plus her va is hot lol.

i bet she cooks better than chie, yukiko, and rise. plus poems > kung fu/imagi inn/popstar

Valentine's Event.
---
#10RavenShinobiPosted 2/3/2013 10:43:58 AM
I loathe Marie with a burning passion. For one of the most prominent additions to Golden, her S. Link was a chore to go through,, her personality annoyed the hell out of me, and it felt really forced how everyone instantly got attached to her even though she did nothing but make fun of them. I'd rather if we got a Hanako S. Link instead.
---
Favorites: FF9, We <3 Katamari, Zelda: MM, Jet Grind Radio, Castlevania: SotN, Ape Escape, MGS
My anime list: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Raven_Shinobi