So...what does Teddie do with himself now? *possible spoilers*

#11demonsword765Posted 2/7/2013 12:26:54 AM
I wonder what the hell Yosuke's parents think about Teddie.

"Oh hey, can I have a friend of mine who I've never brought home live in my closet for the foreseeable future? I swear he has a legal birth certificate!"

Oh maybe his parents were very quickly infatuated with Teddie's charm and already see him as a second son. With the whole Junes mascot thing, that actually might be true...

He could use the excuse they had with Ankh in Kamen Rider OOO.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#12GSSAGE7Posted 2/7/2013 2:05:35 AM
Mattx245 posted...
I'm guessing he eventually becomes the junes mascot for the entire chain of stores, not just the inaba location.
---

There's actually some backing to that idea. One of the night talks with Yosuke has him say someone from the Central Junes office suggested it. Although it was left ambiguous if it was the bear that would be the mascot, or Teddie.
#13TluhdatsiPosted 2/7/2013 7:50:14 AM
SolKarellen posted...
Oh maybe his parents were very quickly infatuated with Teddie's charm and already see him as a second son. With the whole Junes mascot thing, that actually might be true...

I can totally see that. Observe how the girls find Yosuke's mild lechery annoying, while they think the far bigger horndog Teddie is A-OK.

Also, that thing about a freeloader exerting some unearthly charm on the parents and just sort of worming his way into the household, often over the main character's objections, is sort of a staple of manga.
---
"We have a Constitution to protect us from the rule of 'most reasonable people'." -Butters (not the one from South Park)
#14DalekZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:01:35 PM
Tluhdatsi posted...
SolKarellen posted...

I can totally see that. Observe how the girls find Yosuke's mild lechery annoying, while they think the far bigger horndog Teddie is A-OK.

Also, that thing about a freeloader exerting some unearthly charm on the parents and just sort of worming his way into the household, often over the main character's objections, is sort of a staple of manga.

True. Very true. This is usually followed by gags about how the freeloader does some crazy antics (such as breaking something!)that gets some over exaggerated reactions from the MC whilst the side characters ignore it or tell the MC he is overreacting.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#15The_JestPosted 2/7/2013 3:41:25 PM
While it's agreed in the Short-term. ...Something to consider is that he's still a shadow. At the very least that implies that he can't necessarily age, while it shows him growing taller in the Golden Ending, It's possible that he could change at will since, again, he's a shadow. Put that into consideration, and technically, ....Teddie could very well be immortal. Semi-immortal at the least. That's still a very sad future for him though. Think about it, that means that his friends, all of them mortal, save for Aigis and Labrys, are going to sooner or later, while he still lives. All of his friends dead, all of them leaving behind on earth.

I've been trying to think of how this could not be so sad, and I figured that maybe he'll start being a kind of...guardian, for the families of his friends, protecting them through the generations. Besides, at least he'd still have those two.
---
You can pretend the theatrical end and imagine your world as the best, or you can break the seal in what you believe is real and realize your reality's a jest.
#16demonsword765Posted 2/7/2013 3:47:51 PM
While it's agreed in the Short-term. ...Something to consider is that he's still a shadow. At the very least that implies that he can't necessarily age, while it shows him growing taller in the Golden Ending, It's possible that he could change at will since, again, he's a shadow. Put that into consideration, and technically, ....Teddie could very well be immortal. Semi-immortal at the least. That's still a very sad future for him though. Think about it, that means that his friends, all of them mortal, save for Aigis and Labrys, are going to sooner or later, while he still lives. All of his friends dead, all of them leaving behind on earth.

I've been trying to think of how this could not be so sad, and I figured that maybe he'll start being a kind of...guardian, for the families of his friends, protecting them through the generations. Besides, at least he'd still have those two.

If he is immortal, then he needs someone to repeatedly kill him and him to do the same in return.

It works for Kaguya and Mokou.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!