Bosses that could have been better? (Big Spoilers)

#1TwilightEchoesPosted 2/5/2013 2:59:49 PM(edited)
Question in title.

It should go without saying the bosses have been nerfed from vanilla Persona 4 and some have always been pretty weak, but the ones that stick out for me most of all are Shadow Naoto and Kusumi-no-Okami.

Shadow Naoto's trick is getting guaranteed crits that can kill in one hit (if she doesn't miss) occassionally and exploting weaknesses she is scripted to know. Supposedly giving her only one turn is balance this. But she uses her extra turns almost exclusively to cast buff/debuff nullifiers. Thus she has mostly poor damage output and damage sponge. I think giving her two turns or giving her better tactics with her extra turns would have benefited the fight greatly.

Then Kusumi. Again only one turn. She normally does poor damage. The most her Reflect attributes do is waste a turn occassionally. Spells with proper buffs and debuffs can at least do over 1000 damage easy. If you've been smart and saved SP restoring items, her attempts to drain your SP pool dry aren't an issue. She also refuses to attack some turns. The sad part is you'll beat her so quickly you'll miss a lot of her unique attacks and spells. I saw a solo fight of her and I discovered she had like twice the skills I thought she had. If she was tougher it would have been a much better fight.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#2TheExiled280Posted 2/5/2013 3:32:31 PM
Can't even remember what Shadow Naoto looked like, lol
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#3wwwgippal2Posted 2/5/2013 3:59:13 PM
Yeah Kasumi, it was reeeally underwhelming.

But honestly, this whole game is a bit on the easy side. P3 gave me a lot more of a headache than this.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#4_BTT_Posted 2/5/2013 4:12:38 PM
I agree that Shadow Naoto and Kusumi-no-Okami specifically could have been harder, though I sort of understand the predicament.

Shadow Naoto had to fit between Shadow Mitsuo, the "Disk 1 Final Boss" and Kunino-Sagiri, who at least had to look like the Final Boss to create tension. The two of them are supposed to stick out as the bigger bosses of the game, alongside Ameno-Sagiri and of course Izanami, but the way the plot plays out Naoto HAD to come between the two. Downplaying Shadow Naoto was inevitable.

As for Kusumi-no-Okami, she and Marie were never bosses in Vanilla, so they needed to either squeeze them in and make them gimmicky, or ramp up the power of Izanami and the final dungeon. I personally would prefer the latter, as even on Hard mode I find Izanami much too easy. Instead, Kusumi-no-Okami's strength is (in theory) a happy medium between Ameno-Sagiri and Izanami, made memorable by the gimmicks presented.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#5Dark343Posted 2/5/2013 9:12:03 PM
Am I the only one who believes that the boss fight with Adachi could've been something much more than it was, and not just a filler fight for Ameno-Sagiri?
---
GT: Dark 3433
Playing online: P4A, DoTP 13, Halo 4.
#6Lord_KagatoPosted 2/5/2013 9:22:51 PM
The fight with Adachi should have been much, much better.

Also, Izanami-no-Okami was an absolute bore-fest thanks to such a horrible BGM. Ameno-Sagiri was a more entertaining final boss despite being a giant eyeball. Better battlefield too.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#7DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/5/2013 9:24:26 PM
All of them. Ameno-Sagiri was pretty cool though.

Adachi REALLY should have been better though.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#8Tayo2345Posted 2/5/2013 9:53:05 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...

Also, Izanami-no-Okami was an absolute bore-fest thanks to such a horrible BGM. Ameno-Sagiri was a more entertaining final boss despite being a giant eyeball. Better battlefield too.

Adachi's fight is perfect the way it is.

It makes sense that he's so easy to defeat.

He's a manipulator, relying on making other people do his dirty work, and he's going through a mental breakdown essentially, relying on cheap tactics that have a decent chance of completely crippling your team (Evil Smile+Ghastly Wail) if you're not prepared. He's piss easy if you know what you're facing and prepare accordingly (Repel Elec, Repel Wind, Repel Phys, Null Dark, Null Fear, press triangle, come back 5 minutes later) because he's devolving.

ALSO, as a sidebar: Easy doesn't mean bad.
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#9LinkofHyrule991Posted 2/5/2013 10:14:11 PM
Tayo2345 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

Adachi's fight is perfect the way it is.

It makes sense that he's so easy to defeat.

He's a manipulator, relying on making other people do his dirty work, and he's going through a mental breakdown essentially, relying on cheap tactics that have a decent chance of completely crippling your team (Evil Smile+Ghastly Wail) if you're not prepared. He's piss easy if you know what you're facing and prepare accordingly (Repel Elec, Repel Wind, Repel Phys, Null Dark, Null Fear, press triangle, come back 5 minutes later) because he's devolving.

ALSO, as a sidebar: Easy doesn't mean bad.

Plus he's just another persona user with nothing especially special about him going up against 4. The Strega fights in P3 were pretty easy too.
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#10SolKarellenPosted 2/5/2013 10:21:33 PM
Would've been nice if Shadow Naoto didn't have a hard-on for Yukiko and try to exploit her weakness every single turn.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."