If non-battle lines do count for Risette trophy, I'm testing what the triggers r

#1lechaflanPosted 2/5/2013 3:22:30 PM
I'm not fully doubting that out-of-battle lines (such as "Kanji are you okay? Your health is low") count for the Hardcore Risette Trophy, but since it seems people have gotten the trophy by going for some of these lines, I decided to grind some lines out and I'll discuss some of my thoughts and triggers to some of the lines.

Gathering from some of other recent topics on this trophy, it seems we're aiming for lines when Rise's face pops up in a bubble with text.

Triggers:
- Entering a floor once descended/ascended stairs if at least one party member's HP is low (unsure of what the minimum percentage of HP remaining should be to trigger. Fastest grinding method by staying near stairs and constantly entering them to 'spawn' a new line. WIll discuss later)
- Finishing/escaping a battle if at least one party member's HP is low (will produce same lines as previous trigger)
- Opening a door that leads to a room (split into enemy, treasure, or stairs line)
- Pressing square and talking to Rise (not sure if talking to her directly count but let's assume they do. I think I saw someone post on another topic saying there's 30 lines just from costume conversations and story convos so these MIGHT count), or have her pop up while talking to another character with different costumes on
- Haven't advanced in the story for a while but doesn't she pop up once you advance floors for each new dungeon?

Break-down of first two triggers:
I apologize that I won't list the exact lines as I didn't think to write them down but hopefully the next portion helps in your grinding.
- (WALL OF TEXT STORY. Skip if you want) First off, it seems there's only 1 line when a character's HP is between ~25-50% (if you happen to get a 2nd one, let us know). You'll notice that the character him/herself won't pop up but only Rise does. In on example, I had "Kanji are you okay? Your health is low" or something like that. When I dropped his health to be about ~1-25% (or whatever it takes for a character to be in a weakened stance in battle), Kanji started popping up saying he's tired or needs healing BUT Rise also is able to say 3 new lines. I did the same for Naoto and Teddie, and the results were the same. HOWEVER, I grinded Chie lines (fresh into party selection), and once she was in the ~25-50% HP range, the 1 line didn't pop up. Actually, NOTHING popped up. I then thought to myself that maybe Chie needs to lower her SP % since the team I used prior had less than 25% from healing/hitting weaknesses. Once I did that, I was able to get Rise to pop up. Then when I had Chie be in a weakened HP state, not only did Chie start chiming in, but Rise did too and then I got the other 3 lines. So it seems SP is a factor in triggering these lines, and the conditions are...

- ~25% < HP < 50% (still standing in battle), SP possibly to 0-25% = 1 line (ex. "Chie-senpai, you look hurt pretty bad")
- 0% < HP < ~25% (weakened stance in battle), SP possibly 0-25% = 3 lines (1 where Chie is about to "collapse", 1 where Chie is "tired", 1 where Chie's "health and energy are low")
Now I'm not sure if there are any other conditions but having messed around with the %s, I'm fairly certain these 2 are the only ones.
---
http://cosplay.com/member/128253 (P4's Swagima)
10. BoF3 9. P4A 8. CoD4 7. SMarioW 6. MMV 5. BBCSE 4. ShiningForce2 3. MM8 2. Xenogears 1. SPuzzleFighter2T
#2lechaflan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:25:53 PM
For the 3rd trigger (opening a door that leads to a room), you will either have a line that states there's a shadow, a treasure, or stairs. Simply put, it's best to have MC be alone while grinding since there is a chance another party member may chime in. Not sure how many lines there are but if you decide to grind them, post here.

Lastly, for the costume ones, it seems Rise pops up when you have the hospital janitor uniform while talking to Kanji, and I think either the Agent or Butler suits when talking to Yosuke and Chie. I just kept changing everyone's clothes back and forth and constantly talked to each party member.

- Methods that may help in grinding:
- Use HP attacks to get character's HP lowered.
- Spend as much SP as you can.
- Keep only the party member that you want to grind lines with in your party. It'll lessen the randomness of who Rise will talk about or make battles easier to manage.
- If going for that 1 line for ~25-50% HP line coming from the low HP/SP lines, just use a Life Stone since it recovers 30%.
- Equip weaker equipment if you want to grind in an earlier dungeon
- I didn't do this but don't raise Rise's S Link so much (it's quite annoying to have her pop up and heal my party when going for these lines)
---
10. BoF3 9. P4A 8. CoD4 7. SMarioW 6. MMV 5. BBCSE 4. ShiningForce2 3. MM8 2. Xenogears 1. SPuzzleFighter2T
#3wilfredaPosted 2/5/2013 3:46:47 PM
lechaflan posted...
Lastly, for the costume ones, it seems Rise pops up when you have the hospital janitor uniform while talking to Kanji, and I think either the Agent or Butler suits when talking to Yosuke and Chie. I just kept changing everyone's clothes back and forth and constantly talked to each party member.

Just FYI, my costume guide in the FAQ section here lists many of these conversations. I haven't done complete testing with every single outfit and character, but there are at least 15 different occasions where Rise will pop in with a remark when you're talking to another party member about your costumes.
---
my Persona 4: Golden complete costume gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAyDFtL (party spoilers possible)
#4lechaflan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:17:25 PM
^ Nice. Thanks for the notice! I'll give that a look see once I'm done grinding more low HP/SP lines.

Correction to the conditions of the 2 aforementioned triggers.
As I was grinding with Yosuke, Rise chimed in with Yosuke at weakened HP, ~75% SP. 2 lines popped that went something like
"Yosuke-senpai! Your health is getting low!" and "Yosuke-senpai! You need to heal yourself!"
Then I used a life stone on him and kept getting the line "You okay Yosuke-senpai? You look hurt"

So far the (unfully confirmed) conditions are
~25-50% HP, ? SP% = 1 line, no chime in with that character
0-~25% HP (weakened stance), ? SP% but higher than ~25% = 2 lines
0-~25% HP (weakened stance), 0-~25% (?) SP = 3 lines

One way I realized the 2nd condition existed is because Yosuke stated different lines than when he was in the 3rd condition so I figured Rise would state different lines and she did.

I'll now see if ~25-50% HP, 0-~25% SP will yield a new line. I'll let you know if anything happens.

Sorry but posting here as note-to-self: re-grind Kanji, Naoto, Chie, and Teddie with weakened HP, higher than 25% SP to avoid the "health and energy" lines and see if Rise only talks about health.
---
#5snotheadPosted 2/5/2013 8:55:01 PM
Thanks for the post man. keep this topic alive and let's see if other players will give more insights here. as we all know,that trophy is a real pain to get. that's why i'm still not playing my p4g for now because i want to know A LOT about this before i get into career mode.

I don't mind reading wall of texts as long as it will help. keep it up!
---
I'm a ninja and I can dodge the rain
#6lechaflan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:14:54 PM
^ NP! Anything I can possibly do to help the HRF hunting community.

OK just got the trophy and I wanna say with 99% confidence that out-of-battles do indeed count.

Before I go on and celebrate my earning of this highly discussed trophy, I just want to say that from my previous post, the condition of ~25-50% HP, low (0-~25% SP) does NOT exist but rather the first condition would simply be ~25-50% HP, no regards to SP to trigger 1 line. I stated in my 2nd post that I didn't get a line to pop up even though I was clearly in that range, but I figure I had to do something so the game can be "re-read" or have the condition of the character be "re-recognized" by the game and somehow, I got the line to start popping up.

Basically there are 6 lines for each character when it comes to triggering an out-of-battle line. That's 7 x 6 = 42 lines (!!!!).

1st playthrough, October 12 grinding on a rainy day which actually made it easier for me since I got a lot of start-battle-weakness-scan lines from running into the groups of rainy enemies. It was a real surprise to have it pop up on a rainy day enemy (same strength and talked about light. should've taken a pic ARGGHHH!) I'm glad I got this over with before even starting Heaven and will proceed to go for the accomplice ending HRF-stress-free :)

To those aiming to tackle/still tackling this trophy, definitely spend some time nabbing those 42 lines. There could be more out-of-battle lines considering the costumes and such and it actually doesn't take quite long if you can get into the flow of how to do these methods.
KADFC, if you believe this info will be useful for your HRF guide, feel free to add it. You can msg me if you want me to clarify some things.

For anyone curious, these are the types of lines I recall gathering:
42: out-of-battle lines with low hp/sp combinations
8: MC costume change
3: Rise chime in during costume discussion with other characters
1: something about exams since they're coming up (choose to talk to Rise again after costume discussion)
3 or 4: opening a door to stairs, enemy, or treasure
6: poison (shuffle)
5: panic (shuffle)
7: silence (shuffle)
7: fear (shuffle)
5: run away from fear (absolute luck)
4: rage (shuffle)
6: enervation (shuffle)
3: exhaustion (shuffle)
7: character HP lowered to weakened stance during battle
7: Rise prompt to heal weakened stance character during (shuffle)
1: Rise prompt to heal more than 1 weakened character
6: non-MC characters getting KO
2: MC getting KO
4: choose escape, choose escape after it's been selected, have Rise say she's still working on finding an escape route on a new turn, prompt to escape
1: MC recovering from dizzy
2: passing character that was dizzied
5 or 10: how many enemies remaining (shuffle)
7: hit 1 enemy's weakness
3: hit same enemy with weakness
~15 hit multiple enemy weaknesses
~7: beginning of battle weakness scan on weaker enemies
~3: beginning of battle weakness scan on same strength enemies
~6 beginning of battle weakness scan on stronger enemies
~7: beginning of battle resistant scan on weaker enemies
~7: beginning of battle resistant scan on same strength enemies
~7: beginning of battle resistant scan on stronger enemies
2: shadow bosses
7: character dodge
5: character slip from missed attack
7: lowered defense
7: lowered agility
That's 226 by my count so I may have not counted some other things but I'm getting the feeling that when Rise pops when you leave a dungeon and she asks you if you want to leave or stay, that might count as well so add another 5 there and maybe 10+10 for each line progressing through the game and lab dungeons.

Good luck to everyone still aiming for this!
---
#7snotheadPosted 2/7/2013 6:43:45 PM
thanks a lot for this very detailed guide on the hardcore risette trophy. i can now focus on p4g. oh, by "shuffle" you mean you also get negative status during shuffle time?? i'm pretty much in the beginning of the game. yukiko just joined the party,so i have no idea on this.
---
#8lechaflan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:07:49 PM
^NP!

As for shuffle, it's a term we used to describe the following process:

- Party member's turn
- Press L OR press X on "Analyze"
- Exit out of analysis screen
- Hope for a chance for Rise to pop up with a navigation line that can be one of many MANY lines.
- Rinse and repeat many times to get as many lines as possible in whatever conditions you have (low HP, how many enemies remaining, ailments, etc.)

KADFC has a guide on this site so definitely check that out for more info.

My 'guide' is just something I wanted to look into since it seemed these were previously noted to NOT count towards the HRF trophy.
---
#9snotheadPosted 2/12/2013 4:42:30 PM
okay.now i get what you mean on shuffle..thanks man! i'm playing my p4g now.thanks for the advice on the trophy.
---