Should they have changed something... *spoilers*

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/5/2013 8:38:04 PM
I understand that some people (I don't know if it's most people, but I assume it's mostly some people at least) feels that Izanami was a disappointment and was "tacked on". I'm starting to wonder something; should they have changed the game by getting rid of Izanami and replaced her with maybe just the killer? Because some people feels that the true ending final boss was very disappointing and feels that Izanami was tacked on (even though she technically was present throughout the game when she appears as the gas attendant on rainy days) and I'm begining to think maybe both the original ps2 and this game should never have had Izanami as the final boss and mastermind of the whole thing in the first place.
#2FScellPosted 2/5/2013 8:46:01 PM
She didn't need to be removed, but she's always needed more build up.

It isn't true that she comes out of no where, but it's impossible to care when she's revealed as the actual villain.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#3Jeth86Posted 2/5/2013 8:54:28 PM
Some people think that because they felt Izanami needed more screen time instead of being the mysterious puppet master who was pulling the strings from behind the scenes. Personally, I thought Izanami was implemented really well.
#4cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:53:11 AM
I'm guessing getting rid of Izanami is a terrible idea, despite how some people feel she's a disappointment and feels tacked on?
#5ConMan8Posted 2/6/2013 6:56:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Marie exists to make Izanami feel less tacked on.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#6Jeth86Posted 2/6/2013 7:05:02 AM
cheatermaster posted...
I'm guessing getting rid of Izanami is a terrible idea, despite how some people feel she's a disappointment and feels tacked on?

That's a good guess. It wouldn't feel complete if the game didn't have a proper closure in regards to the awakened Persona powers of Yu, Adachi, and Namatame.
#7Jamirus2Posted 2/6/2013 7:50:20 AM
I thought it felt a little tacked on, but I liked it a lot. Game some closure as to how he got the powers, and I'm all for "Oh you, you forgot about this seemingly useless part in the game? Shame on you!!!"
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#8natchu96Posted 2/6/2013 8:18:23 AM
ConMan8 posted...
I'm pretty sure Marie exists to make Izanami feel less tacked on.

But now people complain that Marie seems tacked on.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#9mistermikeymikePosted 2/6/2013 9:46:19 AM
the whole story of this game is kinda tacked on. like take for example kanji. literally if kanjis story arc didn't exist the game would not change in the slightest. except maybe you'd be short one party member.

or the fact that adachi is the killer.... tacked on as well.

the writers of persona 4 weren't very good tbh. seems like the person who wrote the story doesnt write stories for a living.

for a murder mystery you'd think there'd be more build up/clues/hints/quirks to the killer.
---
So Damn Foxy.