Japanese Mythology in P4

#11porkins_da_manPosted 2/6/2013 7:31:51 AM
natchu96 posted...
porkins_da_man posted...
P4 is based on Japanese mytology, Izanagi is the the God that gave life I think, and Izanami gave death. It's all explained in the Port Island field trip.

P3 is based on Greek mythology. Orpheus is a greek hero that travelled into Hades, soothed Hades and the demons with his music (hence, his harp), and brought back his lover.

I thought Orpheus failed. Foolish for turning back in doubt to soon. So much for cheating death. Guess there's no avoiding something like that. Just gotta face it like Messiah.

He's a fool. Now I get it . . .

He did. In the myth, he wasn't allowed to look at his lover until they left Hades. But just as they wete about to leave, he couldn't help looking at her beauty, which turned her into dust. He then spent the rest of his life playing his harp for animals in nature.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#12iliekpieplzPosted 2/6/2013 7:42:54 AM
porkins_da_man posted...
natchu96 posted...
porkins_da_man posted...
P4 is based on Japanese mytology, Izanagi is the the God that gave life I think, and Izanami gave death. It's all explained in the Port Island field trip.

P3 is based on Greek mythology. Orpheus is a greek hero that travelled into Hades, soothed Hades and the demons with his music (hence, his harp), and brought back his lover.

I thought Orpheus failed. Foolish for turning back in doubt to soon. So much for cheating death. Guess there's no avoiding something like that. Just gotta face it like Messiah.

He's a fool. Now I get it . . .

He did. In the myth, he wasn't allowed to look at his lover until they left Hades. But just as they wete about to leave, he couldn't help looking at her beauty, which turned her into dust. He then spent the rest of his life playing his harp for animals in nature.

And somewhere in-between this, the Maenads decided to tear Orpheus' body into shreds, leaving him as a head.
---
Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television.
PSN: ZanSangyou
#13SicianPosted 2/6/2013 8:07:40 AM
Irish mythology? You're right... We need more from of the house of Ulster...
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#14RasolisuPosted 2/6/2013 8:17:55 AM
porkins_da_man posted...

DDS was Hindu, Think P5 will be Norse? Egyptian? Touching the big 3 nowadays would be a big nono.
#15porkins_da_manPosted 2/6/2013 8:26:45 AM
Rasolisu posted...
porkins_da_man posted...

DDS was Hindu, Think P5 will be Norse? Egyptian? Touching the big 3 nowadays would be a big nono.

Norse would be cool, but what Norse god didnt they use? The initial persona would have to be one that wasnt used before. Maybe Aztec or Mayan.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#16RasolisuPosted 2/6/2013 9:39:34 AM
porkins_da_man posted...
Rasolisu posted...
porkins_da_man posted...

Norse would be cool, but what Norse god didnt they use? The initial persona would have to be one that wasnt used before. Maybe Aztec or Mayan.

Why? Hermes is in P2 and P3, Thanatos and Nemesis play a large part in P1 and P3 (Nemesis is also in P2). Isis, Susano-o and Cerberus in P3 and P4.

They just gotta make it meaningful.
#17terran3999999Posted 2/6/2013 11:57:20 AM
...Does anyone here not know this?
That pathetic blahurgsomethingmike troll, remember his firm belief that P4 ripped off Naruto?

For me I don't really care with mythology/religion they rep, as long as the execution is done properly and epically. Though I would like to see more 'demons', I'm really surprised they haven't done some of the really more popular heroes and such. Where's King Arthur? Gilgamesh? Bigfoot?(hey, if Mothmon can get added into SMT, furball should have a chance!)
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#18MogMoogle1Posted 2/6/2013 12:52:54 PM
terran3999999 posted...
...Does anyone here not know this?
That pathetic blahurgsomethingmike troll, remember his firm belief that P4 ripped off Naruto?

Has to be a troll or a kid that doesn't know better. There is no way.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#19Inertion5Posted 2/6/2013 12:55:02 PM
I am PRETTY sure he wasn't serious. Unless I missed something in that thread but I don't feel like reading it again.
#20timyadeadhomiePosted 2/7/2013 3:20:30 AM
yukaru00 posted...
/topic
You guys really need to understand Japanese myhtology more. Almost half of the contents of persona 4 are based on Izanagi-Izanami-Inaba myths.
There are connections between that of Izanami, Izanagi, Ame-no-Sagiri, Kuni-no-Sagiri, and Inaba itself.

Thus Marie is created in P4G to fill the place of Izanami incarnation, as the MC/Yuu is supposedly Izanagi incarnation in the game. lulz.

I'm actually interested in learning more about these myths if anyone has some accurate links. I've read a few different sites about them but everything seems to be conflicting, I haven't even read anything similar to what Mr Edogawa says about it on Port Island.
---
ACCF FC: 2795-9584-0963