P3 vs P4 Shadows

#1YoungNejiPosted 2/6/2013 1:34:17 AM
Is it just me, or are the shadows much less threatening this time around? I'm just talking about the overworld shadows as a whole, not the individual enemies.

Back in P3, when you really wanted to avoid shadows, you needed to take the complete opposite route of where you saw the shadow lest you run the risk of getting sandwiched by multiple enemies. They were bloodthirsty AI that wouldn't give up the chase even after they couldn't see you. Theyd simply bide their time, waiting for your return.

In however P4 it's so dumbeasy to avoid enemies its laughable. You can pull of Yosukes "Up close and personal" plan with how close you can get. Even after that the shadow needs to do a full circular run to get at you, God forbid you move 3 steps to the left and make the shadow completely miss and give up.

P3 Shadows
"There you are! IMA GET YOU. You wanna to run out of my range and wait for me to DeAggro? Well that way is a dead end! ILL WAIT HERE ALL DAY. IMA GET YOU."

P4 Shadows
"You took my Yen! Give it baaaaaack. Stop moviiiiiing. *swipes air* I give up."

Do you embrace the change, the game making your life easier? Or do you miss the days when the Shadows provided some form of OutOfBattle theat?
---
I don't hate the game, I hate the player.
GT:LopunnyLord
#2natchu96Posted 2/6/2013 4:05:24 AM
This is their home. They just want to be left alone :(

Tartarus was a crappy place to live in, if you ask me.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#3TheExiled280Posted 2/6/2013 4:26:42 AM(edited)
natchu96 posted...
This is their home. They just want to be left alone :(

Tartarus was a crappy place to live in, if you ask me.

It's also a god awful place to "explore"

I'd be content in Rise's striptease or Nanoko dungeon, lol

Anyway, I embrace the Shadows being easier to avoid. Especially If I'm rushing to do something like backtracking in the December dungeon
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#4yukaru00Posted 2/6/2013 4:23:39 AM
Seems legit. **** block 2 when my level is only 9 at the moment.
#5ConMan8Posted 2/6/2013 5:13:36 AM
The P3 shadows are ridiculous. Go up to them, planning to get an advantage, but you're not perfectly behind them? They INSTANTLY FLIP AROUND and get an enemy advantage instead.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#6metamaraPosted 2/6/2013 6:52:45 AM
You can randomly change shadow direction in p3/fes with a trick.

P3 shadow," something is wrong, dude. I walk one way and suddenly i find myself spinning in another direction. Next thing i knew is some crazy dude pouncing on me. Man, this place is scary sometimes."
#7SpicyRamen10Posted 2/6/2013 2:26:50 PM
I love how in P3, if you're higher leveled than the shadows, they would turn tail and run away like cowards.
#8megasoniczxxPosted 2/6/2013 3:11:13 PM
SpicyRamen10 posted...
I love how in P3, if you're higher leveled than the shadows, they would turn tail and run away like cowards.

I sure didn't they made that awful floor screeching noise that made me want to punch the tv to get it to stop.
#9DarXsPosted 2/6/2013 3:35:40 PM
Actually, P3 shadows were much easier to evade/get an advantage hit if you knew a little trick...

- You get close to them until they see you
- Run until out of their range
- Keep running a little farther and the shadow just turns around, leaving its back exposed
- Go for the advantage hit

I remember doing this when low on health / sp, and the P3 shadows fell for it always. In P4 the trick doesn't work...
---
P3P wallpaper made by me: They're watching you!!!
http://yfrog.com/1gp3pwallpaper2j
#10MogMoogle1Posted 2/6/2013 3:39:51 PM
Or even easier, run up steps(not the stairs to the next floor). You will be considered out of ranged, the shadow will turn around and you just take a few steps back down and stab em, that or just stab em anyways since you'll still get the advantage.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif