Yu's shadow?*spoilers for anime*

#1porkins_da_manPosted 2/6/2013 8:02:20 AM
In the anime, in the true end episode, Yu see his shadow on the TV screen and it said something about being afraid of being alone, or something.

If his shadow was in the game, what would it say, what would do to make you say "You're not me!", what would the bosd form look like, and whay would the dungeon be themed like?
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#2Zero 0083Posted 2/6/2013 9:40:04 AM
The boss form would probably be Magatsu Izanagi and having it as Adachi's Persona was the best way of having a "shadow Yu" so to speak. However, either way, Yu is probably the most badass just because, unlike everyone else, he accepted his shadow, even though his shadow was basically saying that Yu was a hypocrite for not caring for the truth whatsoever.

On that note, the True End episode was a bit disappointing. Asides from the improper music, such as missing Fog and Traumerei for Izanami, it was poorly implemented and a bit jarring. I mean, the protagonist just suddenly finds himself fighting Izanami with no lead up, then tries to pull an episode 12. The Margaret fight was interesting, sure, but I felt that it was trying to do too much at once. Tack on the fact that we had to wait 5 months for it and that only makes it worse. Personally, they should've had the Director's Cut of episode 25 lead up into episode 26 better instead of showing Yu leaving, which they repeat in episode 26 anyway.
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#3FireDragoon18Posted 2/6/2013 10:13:26 AM
Before the anime ever existed, I always wanted the MC's shadow to show up when

*Spoilers*

he was "killed" by Izanami. So basically, I wanted a Final Boss battle with three phases.

1) Izanami Part 1
2) MC Shadow Fight
3) Izanami Part 2. Even though it's not much of a fight.
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#4seiryuuxPosted 2/6/2013 1:35:20 PM
FireDragoon18 posted...

*Spoilers*

he was "killed" by Izanami. So basically, I wanted a Final Boss battle with three phases.

1) Izanami Part 1
2) MC Shadow Fight

You might like this fanfic then: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4982456/1/
---
"You either END GAME or don't play the game at all!!"
PSN: seiryuux
#5porkins_da_man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:59:15 PM
seiryuux posted...
FireDragoon18 posted...

*Spoilers*

1) Izanami Part 1
2) MC Shadow Fight

You might like this fanfic then: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4982456/1/

Actually I just read one earlier today that I found fairly interesting shadow wise. I showed Yu's shadpw as cold and selfish, saying that everything he saw was his and that he deserved all of the girls. His shadow's persona was a red and black Izanagi that was covered in chains and crying out in pain. Since it was fanfic between Yu and Chie, it depicted Chie's new shadow as controlling over Yu and she was basically the same form as her shadow in the game, except that instead of 3 woman it was a giant dragon that was chained down. Also the dungeon was a giant and threatening castle. I enjoyed it, here's a link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7950900/1/her-strength-his-chariot
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#6Yu-no-MikotoPosted 2/6/2013 2:58:44 PM
Since I sometimes saw Yu as an immortal in my mind I think of his shadow as an lunatic psycho who wanted to keep his friends and control them like a puppet. His shadow was also capable of Arcana Shift because of his Wild Card nature and would control a puppet of the person with the arcana he is using. Example, Magician Arcana, Puppet Yosuke.

His 'berserk' Shadow was Izanagi like Shadow Naoto, one side was the normal black and white Izanagi and the other was Magatsu Izanagi to refleft his two faced nature. He also switch his mask when he used Arcana Shift.His pose was like Kusumi-no-Okami and was chained down to show that he was imprisoned by his immortality.

His dungeon was similar to Hollow Forest, Example Yosuke's themed floor has the place with significant memory between Yu and Yosuke and it was similar to the Konishi Liquor Shop, Yukiko's has her significant place and was modeled by her Castle, etc.
---
"I can't fight Marie!" Yu Narukami, Persona 4 Golden.
#7Mattx245Posted 2/6/2013 11:41:02 PM
I don't think yu has a shadow. He gets a persona because he has nothing to hide, willingly accepts his flaws, and bravely fights to defend the innocent and seek the truth. The closest thing to yu's shadow is adachi and his shadow, because they represent flawed altruism,cowardess, and a very childlike sense of right and wrong.
---
---
"I hope your BEARY pre-BEARED for this un-BEARABLE BEAR of a battle!"--- Teddie, [Persona 4] hiimdaisy comic dub.
#8natchu96Posted 2/7/2013 12:29:02 AM
Mattx245 posted...
I don't think yu has a shadow. He gets a persona because he has nothing to hide, willingly accepts his flaws, and bravely fights to defend the innocent and seek the truth. The closest thing to yu's shadow is adachi and his shadow, because they represent flawed altruism,cowardess, and a very childlike sense of right and wrong.
---

We've never even seen Adachi's shadow.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#9Boomerang78Posted 2/7/2013 1:52:54 PM
Mattx245 posted...
---

Sure, but that's boring. Very few people want to play as a character who's completely perfect like Yu is, though this is the result of having a silent protagonist.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#10Bisected8Posted 2/7/2013 2:52:18 PM
Mattx245 posted...
---

Strictly speaking the series is based on Jungian psychology; the shadow and persona are both representations of actual (according to Jung's theories) parts of the human mind. So if Yu didn't have a shadow he's be less perfect and more broken.

...there's also the small matter of a persona being a shadow which has been accepted and brought under control by its ego. So he has a shadow, it's just that he already accepted it.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.