Best Romance/Love Path?

#1DeusRisusPosted 2/6/2013 8:11:26 AM
Like the topic says, I'm curious about the merits of the different love paths. I just finished my first playthrough where I romanced Yukiko, and it was pretty good, but I kind of want to pick a new love interest for new game +.

I really don't want to go down the love path with multiple characters, so I was thinking either Naoto or Marie, but my main issues with them are:

Naoto's social link doesn't start until October, so you miss a lot of time with her that you would get with the other characters.
and
It seems like you spend a lot less time with Marie than the other characters.

Long story short, I just want to know from people who have gone through some of the romances other than Yukiko what the merits of each one is.

As for spoilers, I'm okay with anything as long as it doesn't pertain to the Hollow Forest or the true ending, as I saved those for new game + so I'd have incentive to play through the game again.
#2RasolisuPosted 2/6/2013 8:13:51 AM
DeusRisus posted...
As for spoilers, I'm okay with anything as long as it doesn't pertain to the Hollow Forest or the true ending, as I saved those for new game + so I'd have incentive to play through the game again.

Yet you will still have to beat the game again for the optional boss as it needs the True ending.

Anyway not talking about the Hollow Forest means we cant talk about the ski trip or valentines day right?
#3ConMan8Posted 2/6/2013 8:17:44 AM(edited)
Rasolisu posted...
Yet you will still have to beat the game again for the optional boss as it needs the True ending.

A couple people said they fought the optional boss without having done the true ending.

If you want to romance Marie, you should romance someone else as well. Marie doesn't get many dates...
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#4DeusRisus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:26:24 AM
Rasolisu posted...

Anyway not talking about the Hollow Forest means we cant talk about the ski trip or valentines day right?

Honestly, I'll probably play P4G at least twice more, if not more, so missing the optional boss is fine for now.

I did get the ski trip and valentine's day on my last playthrough, so talking about those is fine.
#5Jamirus2Posted 2/6/2013 8:42:12 AM
I really enjoyed entering a relationship with Chie. When she told me she loved it, it sent chills down my spine.

I think perhaps Rise would be Cannon, though.
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#6DeusRisus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:49:46 AM
Also, I know this is a little off-topic, but how do the dates work? I remember hearing things about being able to go on Sunday dates with characters, but I never got any. I suspect it's because I maxed out Yukiko's social link too early, but I'm not entirely sure what was going on...