So about to start this game after beating Persona 3 FES... Few questions!

#1Daniel_HibikiPosted 2/6/2013 11:28:09 AM
Is getting social links still pretty much the same or is it more difficult? Was kinda annoying having to pander to whatever they wanted to hear instead of telling them what you feel and if you missed one having to reload and skip through an entire day to get back to your missed question.

Is the girl system the same? Like you can just max one out at a time and not have to worry about maxing another girl's social links

Does the dungeoning still happen at night and like 95% of the social links happen during the day?

Should you worry about maxing the stats like Courage as fast as possible like in P3 so you can get the social links when they appear?
---
http://i.imgur.com/fMqls5E.jpg
#2MogMoogle1Posted 2/6/2013 11:49:42 AM
Daniel_Hibiki posted...
Is getting social links still pretty much the same or is it more difficult? Was kinda annoying having to pander to whatever they wanted to hear instead of telling them what you feel and if you missed one having to reload and skip through an entire day to get back to your missed question.

More or less the same. Certain choices boosts them up more than others. Maxing out an S Link isn't particularly important, just access to fuse that arcana's top tier Persona, bonus experience during fusion, and for some characters, additional events during the main plot. The ones that are particularly important are your teammates, since maxing their S Links powers them up in battle.

Is the girl system the same? Like you can just max one out at a time and not have to worry about maxing another girl's social links

You mean in terms of general S Link or dating? If you mean dating, yeah, you can choose to date or friend zone a girl and max out their S Link, then you can drop em like yesterday's newspaper and move on to the next. As for general S Link, the same applies.

Does the dungeoning still happen at night and like 95% of the social links happen during the day?

It's different, kinda. Where in P3 you access it during the Dark Hour, the dungeons in P4 are in another world. During the day, you get to choose to work on stuff like S Link or whatever, or you can head to the other world and explore the dungeon or advance the plot significant dungeon when it is available.

Should you worry about maxing the stats like Courage as fast as possible like in P3 so you can get the social links when they appear?

A few S Links do require such stats, while a couple of others requires a certain level of another S Link to access, the rest just comes either automatically or after a sequence of events.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#3Daniel_Hibiki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:08:03 PM
Ah you don't need to max out the S Link to use the best Persona of that arcana? Neat
---
#4MogMoogle1Posted 2/6/2013 12:11:52 PM
Daniel_Hibiki posted...
Ah you don't need to max out the S Link to use the best Persona of that arcana? Neat

You do have to max it out to get the "best"(placed quotes cuz it's not necessarily the best), it's just you don't need to get them, is what I'm saying. Also, with NG+, you can transfer the ones you got and work on the others.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#5GSSAGE7Posted 2/6/2013 12:15:09 PM
Social links are a bit easier than Persona 3, in that you don't have to worry about social links reversing or breaking, minus choosing the fairly obvious bad choices in Moon and Fortune.
#6Daniel_Hibiki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:27:13 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Social links are a bit easier than Persona 3, in that you don't have to worry about social links reversing or breaking, minus choosing the fairly obvious bad choices in Moon and Fortune.

Do girls not get jealous and reverse sooner if you decide to go out with another girl before you max them out? I guess the option for friending may make that easier, but girls still got jealous of eachother even if you were hanging out with a girl that you weren't serious with yet.
---
#7Ein_SophPosted 2/6/2013 1:22:37 PM
Daniel_Hibiki posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

Do girls not get jealous and reverse sooner if you decide to go out with another girl before you max them out? I guess the option for friending may make that easier, but girls still got jealous of eachother even if you were hanging out with a girl that you weren't serious with yet.

Total pimpage in this game. The links themselves are not affected. There are some changes here and there, I believe. The event on valentine's day changes depending on whether or not you are n-timing (where n = any integer) girls.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#8Daniel_Hibiki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:43:50 PM(edited)
Hmm.. Cool

So the Valentines day thing won't fudge up if I complete a social link with a girl and am in the process of doing another girls link?

And apparently there's a point where you can decide to remain friends or whatever, guess if I don't want to mess up that event, just stay friends and finish the link that way.

Actually it'd be kinda funny if I'm dating like four girls at the same time and they all find out on Valentines day and there's no social link reversal repercussions.
---
#9SeafaringTurnipPosted 2/6/2013 3:16:22 PM
Daniel_Hibiki posted...
Hmm.. Cool

So the Valentines day thing won't fudge up if I complete a social link with a girl and am in the process of doing another girls link?

The Valentines thing is at basically the end of the game. If you're intimate with multiple girls, it gets super uncomfortable, but doesn't alter the links.

Actually it'd be kinda funny if I'm dating like four girls at the same time and they all find out on Valentines day and there's no social link reversal repercussions.

Or maybe you'll like it.
---
I'm here to investigate a murder.