A few questions from a newbie

#1RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/6/2013 1:43:57 PM
This is my first Persona game, and I'm enjoying it so far. I just got my third party member. I have a couple of questions.

1) When's the best time to do a dungeon? Should I wait a couple days and do some other stuff or just dive in?

2) Is there a point to keeping Izanagi, or can I dump / fuse him?

3) Should I focus on 1 Persona, or should I level up multiple to deal with different situations?

4) What are some good Personas for the early game?

Any help or advice is appreciated.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#2_BTT_Posted 2/6/2013 2:00:01 PM
1. Best time to do a dungeon is the first day it's available OR a rainy day. Until the dungeon is complete, your teammate's Social Links can become restricted. However, since there's significantly less to do on Rainy Days, dungeons make for an excellent thing to do.

2. Go ahead and dump or fuse him away. Once an Persona has learned all their moves, all they'll continue to gain is stats, and since your Personas take much more experience to level up it's better to continue to fuse new ones.

3. On my first playthrough I juggled three or four different Personas depending on what I needed at the time.

4. I wouldn't know, sorry. Hopefully someone else will have some idea.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#3GSSAGE7Posted 2/6/2013 2:02:30 PM
1) Try doing dungeons on rainy days. Unless you can't do any social links on that day. Then dungeon away! I'd also recommend finishing dungeons in one day. With the cup cards in shuffle time, that is much more viable than it used to be.

2) Sadly, despite how amazingly awesome Izanagi looks, he never learns any good moves. When you get to higher levels and get good skill cards, you may consider using him again, as he is the only persona who can max out his strength attribute naturally. Until then, fuse as soon as you can.

3) I'd recommend having access to every element, just to make All-Out Attacks easier.

4) Go for Sarasvati as soon as you can. Her Invigorate 2 skill will help out a lot later on.
#4porkins_da_manPosted 2/6/2013 2:04:52 PM
1. Do as much as you can on Day 1, and do it on rainy days and days where you can't social link with the person you want.

2. Izanagi is bad after the first dungeon, so fuse him

3. Definitely focus on multiple personas, it is a BAD idea to focus only on one.

4. Orobas, Archangel, Rakshasa, Jack Frost and Pyro Jack.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#5Skull007o_OPosted 2/6/2013 2:05:18 PM
4) You said you finished the 3rd dungeon, so Black Frost
#6GSSAGE7Posted 2/6/2013 2:16:15 PM
Skull007o_O posted...

He said he got his 3rd party member. That could just mean Chie.
#7RobotPirteGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:19:06 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Skull007o_O posted...

Yeah. I just got Chie. I couldn't remember her name off the top of my head.

Thanks for the advice so far guys.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#8demunpuncherPosted 2/6/2013 2:56:40 PM
1) First rainy day they become available. The reason for this being that there's really nothing to do on rainy days, there are only two S. Links that are available on rainy days (Sun, ironically enough, and Hermit) as well as going to Aya's for the beef bowl challenge.

2) Izanagi stops naturally learning skills at around level 7, although he does have pretty good stat growths, so skill cards can augment him quite nicely. However, it's fairly pointless to keep him in the early stages where good skill cards aren't available, so it's best to fuse him.

3) Early on it's best to focus on using multiple Personas as you won't have many ways to resist/block/absorb/repel weaknesses so you'll have to switch out. You also won't have many Personas that can use every element and have no weaknesses for a little bit either.
However, at level 10 you fuse Cu Sith (Sun Arcana, fuse Izanagi and Slime to make him) who learns the skill Growth 1 at level 11. Growth 1 will allow inactive Personas to gain 1/4 of battle EXP. Using the Magician cards from Shuffle Time (which as I recall are available in the first dungeon) you can rank it up to Growth 2 (1/2 EXP, earliest natural learning is with Gdon at level 33) then Growth 3 (full EXP, earliest natural is Jatayu at 64). Either way, pass it along with fusions as much as possible, after all, some EXP is better than none.

4) Sarasvati (17) for Invigorate 2 (level 19, 7 SP recovery every turns), Cu Sith (10) for Traesto (level 15, return to entrance) and Growth 1 (level 11, 1/4 EXP for inactive), and Angel (4) for Regenerate 1 (level 8, 2% HP recover every turn) for support skills. The Jacks (Jack Frost 16, Pyrojack 32, and Black Frost 38) are fairly decent in terms of magical abilities for the level ranges; Black Frost is exceptional for it's level range having no weakness, 2 element absorbs, and Mind Charge (next magic attack deals 2.5x damage). Rakshasa (23) is fairly decent for physical attacks and learns Power Charge (next physical deals 2.5x damage) the earliest at level 28.
#9mistermikeymikePosted 2/6/2013 3:30:12 PM
you cant really focus on one persona until you get yoshitsune imo.

best time to do a dungeon is on a rainy day. and that's because you don't want to waste a day for your social links. i think there are a couple dungeons where you can complete it on the first day because of a lack of social links available.

dump izanagi. most personas will only last you a few levels. actually as a general rule 95% will not last you more than 5 levels. there are a few exceptions
---
So Damn Foxy.
#10Skull007o_OPosted 2/6/2013 3:58:33 PM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Skull007o_O posted...

Ah, my bad then, sorry... but yeah, saravasti with invigorate is your best option at this point (don't rule out black frost though, haha)