It must suck being a Persona main protagonist... (Spoilers)

#1Zero 0083Posted 2/6/2013 2:01:33 PM
Asides from Yu, every other protagonist is either dead or in a miserable state. Case in point:

Pierced Boy: May or may not be dead as a result of P2 IS. If he's alive, he's in the alternate world created at the end of P2 IS, which isn't terrible I guess.
Tatsuya Suou: Forced to forget about Maya in order to save her life and stuck in a post apocalyptic world as his "Eternal Punishment."
Minato Arisato: Well...he's dead/is a door. What more can you say to that?

Yu is the only one who has an absolutely happy ending. When I think about it, he hasn't really lost anything important, unless you go by the bad ending where Nanako dies or you become Adachi's accomplice. On top of that, he's got even more girlfriend options and the Social Links don't reverse if you have him cheat.

On that note, anyone think the P5 protagonist should suffer a horrible fate at the end or actually get a happy ending?
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#2ToraKytePosted 2/6/2013 2:19:10 PM
I prefer games that have a happy ending, even if that happy ending is hard to get (which P4's isn't).

That's one of the reasons I could never get into P3 and will never get within 10 feet of P2.
#3mistermikeymikePosted 2/6/2013 2:20:30 PM
p4 doesnt really have a happy ending. you're leaving all your friends. its kind of a mix
---
So Damn Foxy.
#4GSSAGE7Posted 2/6/2013 2:41:45 PM
Persona 1 took place in both timelines, since the Masked Circle meeting didn't effect that game's events at all. So yeah, Earring is still around in the Eternal Punishment timeline.

mistermikeymike posted...
p4 doesnt really have a happy ending. you're leaving all your friends. its kind of a mix

He still has a phone. It's not like he'll never have anything to do with them. Considering what happens in the other Persona games, Persona 4 DOES have a happy ending.
#5The_LimitPosted 2/6/2013 2:58:41 PM
mistermikeymike posted...

Pretty sure MC sees them often. After he finishes school, he'll probably move to Inaba.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/guPrF0X.jpg
#6Zero 0083(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:02:51 PM
If P4A is any indication, Yu can always visit his friends despite moving back and Dojima has a room for him available at any time. Not exactly a bad ending.
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#7Skull007o_OPosted 2/6/2013 3:04:28 PM
I wouldn't rule out Narukami dying/disappearing... P4's story is not over yet
#8gb094Posted 2/6/2013 3:27:46 PM
The ending for Persona 2 is PRETTY sad.
---
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.
#9The_LimitPosted 2/6/2013 3:50:37 PM
Skull007o_O posted...
Narukami dying/disappearing

Not happeninng.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/guPrF0X.jpg
#10kratoscar2008Posted 2/6/2013 4:12:34 PM
Skull007o_O posted...
I wouldn't rule out Narukami dying/disappearing... P4's story is not over yet

ATLUS must really love him, they give the middle finger to all their main characters so maybe they hate them. I would had liked that in the end by defeating Izanami he had to take her place because the world need a replacement for her and he would had to stay in the TV world.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards