It must suck being a Persona main protagonist... (Spoilers)

#11Zero 0083(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:24:38 PM
Almost sounds like a rehash of what happened with Minato. Speaking of Minato, while he is dead, there's at least some hope that he'll come back through Elizabeth. After all, at the end of P4A, she has access to the Fool Arcana, signifying the start of her journey. She has no issues taking Erebus on, so I'm confident that she'll be able to somehow resolve this.

By the way, on the topic of P4A, am I the only one who was hoping for either Yu, Aigis, Elizabeth, or even Minato to be in as a Wild Card user? I love Izanagi to death, but I think they should've highlighted Yu's ability to switch Personas into his moveset. If not Yu, then Elizabeth, although Elizabeth's Score Attack version is pretty damn broken with Thanatos...
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#12kratoscar2008Posted 2/6/2013 4:39:12 PM
Zero 0083 posted...
Almost sounds like a rehash of what happened with Minato. Speaking of Minato, while he is dead, there's at least some hope that he'll come back through Elizabeth. After all, at the end of P4A, she has access to the Fool Arcana, signifying the start of her journey. She has no issues taking Erebus on, so I'm confident that she'll be able to somehow resolve this.

By the way, on the topic of P4A, am I the only one who was hoping for either Yu, Aigis, Elizabeth, or even Minato to be in as a Wild Card user? I love Izanagi to death, but I think they should've highlighted Yu's ability to switch Personas into his moveset. If not Yu, then Elizabeth, although Elizabeth's Score Attack version is pretty damn broken with Thanatos...

Yeah like in GG were Zappa can siwtch between his demon posesions, something like that would had been cool.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#13Lelouch71Posted 2/6/2013 4:40:05 PM
Zero 0083 posted...
Asides from Yu, every other protagonist is either dead or in a miserable state. Case in point:

Pierced Boy: May or may not be dead as a result of P2 IS. If he's alive, he's in the alternate world created at the end of P2 IS, which isn't terrible I guess.
Tatsuya Suou: Forced to forget about Maya in order to save her life and stuck in a post apocalyptic world as his "Eternal Punishment."
Minato Arisato: Well...he's dead/is a door. What more can you say to that?

Correction on the P1 MC. There are two versions of the characters due to the events of IS ending. Only Lisa, Eikichi, and Jun completely integrated with their EP selves. So long the "other side" P1 MC was in Sumaru City when the entire world get destroyed he should be fine. Besides he suppose to be "you". If you want him to be alive in the "other side" then he is.

Other than the P1 MC got a happy ending. Maya got a bittersweet ending. Only "other side" Tatsuya and the P3 MC have it bad.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#14metamaraPosted 2/6/2013 9:44:37 PM
P3 mc has a dilemma, his true opponent isn't a deity that needs a punch.
#15terran3999999Posted 2/7/2013 8:37:43 AM
Happy endings and SMT games usually don't mix.

But I would like to see that change, the main SMT games are already depressing enough.(no matter what path your picked, humanity is kinda screwed in some way)
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#16notSFFPosted 2/7/2013 8:52:51 AM
terran3999999 posted...
Happy endings and SMT games usually don't mix.

But I would like to see that change, the main SMT games are already depressing enough.(no matter what path your picked, humanity is kinda screwed in some way)

The Neutral/Humanity endings for Nocturne and Strange Journey were pretty uplifting, though.

...At least you and your party aren't the ONLY survivors in those endings.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#17terran3999999Posted 2/7/2013 8:59:34 AM
The Neutral/Humanity endings for Nocturne and Strange Journey were pretty uplifting, though.
No it wasn't....have you actually viewed those endings yourself?

*spoilers?*
In Nocturne, Lucifer commends you for picking that path but also warns you that the 'true enemy' can still show up one day. If the Neutral Hitoshura never even battled Lucifer than he doesn't even stand a chance against YWYH.

In SJ, doesn't the game outright tell you that though the Scharwild?/Mem Aleph was stopped, she will rise once again to make humans may for what they did to Mother Earth?
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#18RasolisuPosted 2/7/2013 10:54:54 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Skull007o_O posted...
I wouldn't rule out Narukami dying/disappearing... P4's story is not over yet

ATLUS must really love him, they give the middle finger to all their main characters so maybe they hate them. I would had liked that in the end by defeating Izanami he had to take her place because the world need a replacement for her and he would had to stay in the TV world.

Persona has always been Atlus's attempt at mainstream rpgs. After the backlash of P3's ending (as well as other rpgs like FFX) they attempted to lighten up P3's ending with The Answer then going full blown happy Yellow with P4 and hit paydirt.

P5 I expect to be much the same way ending wise.

Before P4 the happiest ending for a SMT game was DDS2. As dark as that game was the ending was kinda uplifting.
#19metamaraPosted 2/7/2013 11:50:05 AM
Hijiri can tell you how uplifting his ending was

...if he remembers.