Never thought I'd become a weeaboo...

#31LinkofHyrule991Posted 2/7/2013 4:12:15 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
TheOneYouMissed posted...
What the heck is a weeaboo?

A term created by ignorant americans who can't accept anything they don't understand

Actually it's a nonsense word taken from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic. Some years ago it was used on 4chan as a wordfilter for "wapanese" which means "Wannabe Japanese".

Liking anime or Japanese video games doesn't make you a weeaboo, having a huge obsession with Japanese culture and wishing that you were from glorious Nippon yourself does.
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#32Capitan_KidPosted 2/7/2013 4:20:58 PM
TheOneYouMissed posted...
What the heck is a weeaboo?

Non japanese people that like japanese stuff a bit too much. The kind that think Japanese voices are sooo much better than English even though they can't understand them
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#33demonsword765Posted 2/7/2013 4:24:40 PM
Basically the kind of Japanophile whose obsessions over their "glorious Eastern wonderland" becomes excessively annoying and with the need to douse your head in acid.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#34ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:41:43 PM
Ultima_Lord posted...
This is a joke, right? TC, when have you heard that word used as a NON derogatory term?

I guess that's true. But I see people call themselves derogatory terms all the time. Through such evolution, the word's meaning is altered.

You might call someone a weeaboo, and they might completely agree. They might even feel appreciated by your recognition.

I'll have you know that I'm actually half-black. And there's a certain word that has become neutral, today, due to the influence of the media.
#35natchu96Posted 2/7/2013 8:02:17 PM
I usually just call everyone Human and be done with it . . .

In the grand scheme of things, being like your average human is already strange.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#36araxenPosted 2/7/2013 8:22:20 PM
I'm proud to be a weeabooo. You guys need to learn to wear it like a badge. The Japanese culture is very cool and interesting! There is nothing to be ashamed of!
#37Mana_RunighaPosted 2/7/2013 8:31:22 PM
araxen posted...
I'm proud to be a weeabooo. You guys need to learn to wear it like a badge. The Japanese culture is very cool and interesting! There is nothing to be ashamed of!

How about the way they treat their female pop stars?
#38SicianPosted 2/7/2013 8:33:46 PM
I don't consider myself that. I only watched subbed when I can't find dubbed or it has not been dubbed yet. As a History/Anthro. major, my studies focused on all of Asia, not just Japan. I play JRPGs over FPS games because I find FPS games repetitive.
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#39ArgonisgemaPosted 2/7/2013 9:15:06 PM
whats pocky?
---
The Official Garm of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Shin Megami Tensei a game Where you can give GOD the finger .
#40Nightmare637Posted 2/7/2013 9:24:57 PM
Argonisgema posted...
whats pocky?

a cracker stick with chocolate on it.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.