What mythological figure would you like to see as the next Protagonist's Persona

#31cnfjti3Posted 2/8/2013 1:01:04 AM
They've done Greek and Japanese mythology. Maybe next they can hit Egyptian mythology?

They've done Egyptian, Hindi, Greek, and Japanese mythology. Have they done Norse mythology yet?
#32Rayearth87Posted 2/8/2013 1:53:34 AM(edited)
Nwa would be an interesting Persona. There's not a whole lot of Chinese mythology among main characters, so that'd be a nice change. She's probably not a protagonist Persona unless the protagonist were female, in which case I think she'd be a great choice, but she'd be a very cool party member Persona at least.
#33RasolisuPosted 2/8/2013 1:26:10 AM(edited)
cnfjti3 posted...
They've done Greek and Japanese mythology. Maybe next they can hit Egyptian mythology?

They've done Egyptian, Hindi, Greek, and Japanese mythology. Have they done Norse mythology yet?

Which game was Egyptian? I know DDS is Hindi, P3 is Greek, P4 (and other games) is Japanese.

Lets see Norse, The MC should start out with Heimdallr with the ultimate being Odin, your BFF should have Thor (who dies in some ending) and he should have a Tsundere girlfriend with Sif. The bad guys would be Loki and Surt.
#34cnfjti3Posted 2/8/2013 1:35:45 AM
I only searched up what the protagonist in each persona game carried. The first persona game's protagonist didn't seem to have a persona that fit into one mythology, but his ultimate persona was of Egyptian origin.

I do think the first persona game probably did not try to restrict themselves to one mythology though.
#35sevihaimerejPosted 2/8/2013 2:24:02 AM
Rayearth87 posted...
Nwa would be an interesting Persona. There's not a whole lot of Chinese mythology among main characters, so that'd be a nice change. She's probably not a protagonist Persona unless the protagonist were female, in which case I think she'd be a great choice, but she'd be a very cool party member Persona at least.

Pan Gu could be the secret boss and be fusable after you beat him. Also, it's been awhile since I read that myth but, didn't Nwa create people out of mud or some such? If so maybe a few manikins could make cameos.
---
The Official Harihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"Oh God! I was just imagining if dogs could talk."-Zach Galifianakis
#36GSSAGE7Posted 2/8/2013 4:36:36 AM
cnfjti3 posted...

You mean besides the fact that you can easily summon Thor, Odin, Loki, Surt, Skadi, Norn and the Three Fates, ect?
#37Crimson-hairedPosted 2/8/2013 7:31:34 AM
The next MC Persona should be unique.
Amon-ra, Apollo, Messiah and Izanagi no Okami never existed in the previous games.
---
The official Adam of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#38itis41269Posted 2/8/2013 7:32:59 AM
DalekZero posted...
Chuck norris.

That would be awesome....or Jesus
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#39Inertion5Posted 2/8/2013 7:34:16 AM
F*** Chuck Norris and all of his overused jokes
#40RasolisuPosted 2/8/2013 8:05:05 AM
Crimson-haired posted...
The next MC Persona should be unique.
Amon-ra, Apollo, Messiah and Izanagi no Okami never existed in the previous games.

Izanagi does exist in P1 and exists in P2:EP PSP version he just isn't a playable persona. It isnt unique for them to reuse persona just radically different designs like Izanami is in P1 and both parts of P2 but completely different, same universe too.

Most of P4's party member personas have appeared before with a completely different look too.

Reusing a persona isn't a bad thing, a fresh theme is important...... Nyx is a bartender in Nocturne and look at her in p3.