What mythological figure would you like to see as the next Protagonist's Persona

#61BiTronicPosted 2/9/2013 1:36:28 AM
Adam.
---
CAIUS, Y U NO STOP USING RAISE?!
#62RasolisuPosted 2/9/2013 2:34:00 AM(edited)
Crimson-haired posted...

Izanagi isn't playable so that's the point.
We're only talking about mc persona, party members persona can be playable in the other games.
Reusing persona isn't a bad thing indeed, however there's a lot of Smt demon they haven't used as Persona in the game yet. We shouldn't break the tradition, the protagonist's persona only playable in that game.

That really isnt going to work this far into the series they are going to have to go obscure as all hell or reuse, the big thing about P3 and P4 is its theme. Once they build a theme then chose the persona. Big thematic mythos that they can use is really Norse and/or Egyptian... if they tried any of the big 3 I expect major major backlash for anything they attempt to do. If its Norse then they will have to reuse.

DaimaoTakahashi posted...

Err...I'm not from America, so I don't know too much about their myths. Do America have any Mythological creatures and heroes? Barring the Aztec/Mayan myths that have already been established in the Amala Universe so far.

There is a surprising number that have made it into SMT series, Hell Biker, Chupacabra, then there is Black Ooze, Ascomid and Slime from D&D, Christine and Carrie from the novels by Stephen King, Audrey from "The Little Shop of Horrors", Men In Black, Mothman, Pele (Hawaiian).

Here is all SMT demons and personas sorted by mythos http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Demons_by_mythology

As enough to make a full theme of Personas, no though.
#63darker95Posted 2/9/2013 2:34:07 PM
DalekZero posted...
Exa_Man posted...
Either Lan Tsai-Ho (one of the 8 Immortals of China) or Amaterasu (Japanese sun goddess).

I would also like to see the following female mythological figures show up as a new persona in Persona 5:

- Athena (emperor)
- Eos (chariot)
- Morrigan (tower)
- Selene (moon)

At any rate, I think there needs to be more Roman, Chinese, and Celtic mythology in Persona games.

Wait....how the f*** did atlus miss athena in the previous persona games? Shes not exactly a minor goddess. Regardless, i like this list.

wouldn`t pallas athena count as her. and ametarasu is yukiko`s persona.
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#64darker95Posted 2/9/2013 2:39:14 PM
BiTronic posted...
Adam.

f*^^% yeah and eve for lust/hunger
cain and abel
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#65Inertion5Posted 2/9/2013 2:40:01 PM
darker95 posted...
DalekZero posted...
Exa_Man posted...
Either Lan Tsai-Ho (one of the 8 Immortals of China) or Amaterasu (Japanese sun goddess).

I would also like to see the following female mythological figures show up as a new persona in Persona 5:

- Athena (emperor)
- Eos (chariot)
- Morrigan (tower)
- Selene (moon)

At any rate, I think there needs to be more Roman, Chinese, and Celtic mythology in Persona games.

Wait....how the f*** did atlus miss athena in the previous persona games? Shes not exactly a minor goddess. Regardless, i like this list.

Pallas Athena IS Athena. And uh Amaterasu is Yukiko's persona.
Eos was Ginko's first persona.
#66Exa_ManPosted 2/9/2013 8:39:10 PM
I thought Ginko's initial persona was called Eros!

??
---
All hail Lord Zoidberg!!!
(\/)(;,,,;)(\/)
#67Inertion5Posted 2/9/2013 8:40:09 PM
Exa_Man posted...
I thought Ginko's initial persona was called Eros!

??

Whoopsy daisy, you're right.
#68metamaraPosted 2/9/2013 9:22:43 PM
Cain and abel are featured in one megaten game, as humans anyway.
#69BiTronicPosted 2/10/2013 12:19:22 AM
darker95 posted...
DalekZero posted...
Exa_Man posted...

- Athena (emperor)
- Eos (chariot)
- Morrigan (tower)
- Selene (moon)

Doesn't matter, considering one character from Persona 2 Jun and P3's Junpei both start out with Hermes.
---
CAIUS, Y U NO STOP USING RAISE?!
#70eidolon24Posted 2/10/2013 2:35:07 AM
Aeolus would be nice. Wind-elemental persona.
Kronos. Fire-element. Fool Arcana.
Oceanus. Ice-element. World Arcana.
Kitsune. Dark-element. Fool Arcana.
Bacchus. Lighning-element. Fool Arcana.
Wiglaf. Fire-element. Fool Arcana.
Either of these six.

I'd also like to see the three jotuns of fate. Verthandi, Skuld, and Urd be summoned as a separate entity instead of just being summoned as one, Norn.
---
"I believe that stories are written and read to rebel against the fact that you only live once."