25 hours in with a few questions. :P

#1Kirby48Posted 2/7/2013 7:17:01 PM
1) I'm on day 06/08 (Kanji just recently got better, chit-chat about getting scooters), and Im curious as to how far I am as far as the overall main story. :P

2) I still don't quite understand the whole selling things to the blacksmith to make items thing.
I know you sell him stuff and he makes items but is there a chart, or a general idea of how
many you should save up before giving them to him?

3)What do the Smokey Quartz and Iolites do? Are they also given to the black smith?

4) How do I get Marie (not sure if thats her name) out of the velvet room?
I was told to come back and get her once I was out of the T.V but Ive had no luck. :P

5) Any advice for getting stronger? Ive been grinding in the mansion in the spa because I cant take out that King Shadow guy in the castle, and I feel as though Im getting no where.

I'm new to JRPG's and so far Im in love, Im just unfamiliar with how I should be going about things.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
---
Id rather die for the truth than live for a lie.
So Ill walk by faith and not by sight.
#2cnfjti3Posted 2/7/2013 7:46:00 PM
1) I'm on day 06/08 (Kanji just recently got better, chit-chat about getting scooters), and Im curious as to how far I am as far as the overall main story. :P

Depending on the ending you get, you're between 30% to 50% of the way through the game if you only look at combative gameplay or 20% to 30% of the way through the game if you look at the number of days in the game.

2) I still don't quite understand the whole selling things to the blacksmith to make items thing.
I know you sell him stuff and he makes items but is there a chart, or a general idea of how
many you should save up before giving them to him?

Just sell him everything whenever you have stuff.

3)What do the Smokey Quartz and Iolites do? Are they also given to the black smith?

Go to the miscellaneous item store during the night (or the place where you wash dishes as a part time job). The shop owner will trade those for items.

4) How do I get Marie (not sure if thats her name) out of the velvet room?
I was told to come back and get her once I was out of the T.V but Ive had no luck. :P

On many days beside the gas station, marie will be standing there beside the entrance to the velvet room.

5) Any advice for getting stronger? Ive been grinding in the mansion in the spa because I cant take out that King Shadow guy in the castle, and I feel as though Im getting no where.

Remember those rare monster hand things that run away? They give out a ton of exp if you manage to kill them. Other than that, just grind on the last floor.
#3Skull007o_OPosted 2/7/2013 7:52:19 PM
About Marie.

Even if she isn't outside the entrance of the velvet room, she may still be available, you just need to go into the velvet room and look for an option that allows you to talk to her

And BTW, it's important to max her, you still have a long way to go, and I don't want to spoil anything to you, but remember, she's important
#4Umbris_LetalisPosted 2/7/2013 8:30:13 PM
All of your questions were answered well already, but you should note that the Pringles boss in Yukiko's Castle is fairly difficult. It would be wise if you were using persona that provided resistance to physical attacks or else he'll just use rampage and 1-shot your party.

Also, in order to effectively deal with those gold hands for grinding purposes, you'll need almighty spells.
---
PSN: LostRequiem1 - Feel free to add
#5Kirby48(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:35:52 PM
3)Where is the misc item store located?

4) I figured she was good, but what makes her so essential?

5) And what are almighty spells?
I always have a hard time killing those things before they run.

Thank you all so much for your answers. I really appreciate it.
---
Id rather die for the truth than live for a lie.
So Ill walk by faith and not by sight.
#6Skull007o_OPosted 2/7/2013 9:55:37 PM
Kirby48 posted...
3)Where is the misc item store located?

4) I figured she was good, but what makes her so essential?

5) And what are almighty spells?
I always have a hard time killing those things before they run.

Thank you all so much for your answers. I really appreciate it.

3) I haven't read this part, but I suppose you mean Shiroku. It's in the shopping district, where the weapon and tofu shops are

4) it's a new addition to this Golden version of P4, and she's important when it comes down to the game's plot

5) Those are non-elemental spells that ignore defenses (the first one you may find is Megido), and as they ignore defense, it's a great source of damage, especially against those gold hands... you'll get that spell eventually, it's more common during mid-game
#7Umbris_LetalisPosted 2/7/2013 11:13:21 PM
In addition to what we told you earlier about almighty skills, it would be wise to either Mind Charge (Greatly increases power of next magic attack) or Tarukaja the MC before he uses it. The reason for this is because the Gold Hands tend to run almost immediately after being hit by almighty spells.
---
PSN: LostRequiem1 - Feel free to add
#8mms78Posted 2/8/2013 3:25:06 AM
Marie isn't that important since you can still get the true ending and all without maxing her s.link. Maxing her s.link is only necessary when you want to trigger the optional dungeon. near the games end. If you intend to get that optional dungeon, make sure to max her s.link by december and make sure to enter the velvet room on January 3

Try fusing for stornger Personas. that'll help you make grinding easier.
#9RinkuTanukiPosted 2/9/2013 8:16:42 AM
Marie isn't that important since you can still get the true ending and all without maxing her s.link. Maxing her s.link is only necessary when you want to trigger the optional dungeon. near the games end. If you intend to get that optional dungeon, make sure to max her s.link by december and make sure to enter the velvet room on January 3

Try fusing for stornger Personas. that'll help you make grinding easier.

Uh, and the Golden ending.
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse