Would greatly appreciate tips for this battle (spoilers)

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 2/8/2013 6:03:05 AM
I am currently at level 44 and my party members that I keep on using are around the same level as me (Chie, Yosuke, Yukiko). I think my personas aren't good but I don't know how to fuse uber ones. I am just concerned on how I could defeat shadow mitsuo. I was so close but I got defeated. Is my level alright or I have to grind a little bit more? Every advice I could get is welcome
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#2GSSAGE7Posted 2/8/2013 6:08:14 AM
For Shadow Mitsuo, go for Black Frost.
#3TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:11:40 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...

but...but... how?
---
#4porkins_da_manPosted 2/8/2013 6:14:04 AM
what you want to do is use black frost to destroy his outer shell. Use mind charge and agidyne, which will bring his shell to half health. When you destroy the shell always go for the all-out attack, it won't do much but it's still something. Just use your party's best attacks, and use Yukiko for healing (it helps to habe divine grace with her). Shadow mitsuo will use three moves, whisper, prayer, and chant. These moves regenerate his shell. While he rgens his shell, he'll use a bunch of ailment moves. The best way to stop his shell from reforming is to use the mind charge and agidyne combo to destroy it before it regens. Make sure you have some SP restoring items for you and yukiko (they aren't required, but they help). Rinse and repeat until he dies.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#5GSSAGE7Posted 2/8/2013 6:14:33 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

but...but... how?

You're level 44, so you can fuse him. He absorbs Fire and Ice spells, and learns Mind Charge. So when the shadow throws up a fire/ice resistance, hit with the other spell. Black Frost is actually the best Persona for the mid-game.
#6porkins_da_manPosted 2/8/2013 6:16:21 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

but...but... how?

He's a 5 or 4-point fuse. You need jack frost, pyro jack, and king frost, plu some others i can't remember.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#7TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:19:44 AM
porkins_da_man posted...
what you want to do is use black frost to destroy his outer shell. Use mind charge and agidyne, which will bring his shell to half health. When you destroy the shell always go for the all-out attack, it won't do much but it's still something. Just use your party's best attacks, and use Yukiko for healing (it helps to habe divine grace with her). Shadow mitsuo will use three moves, whisper, prayer, and chant. These moves regenerate his shell. While he rgens his shell, he'll use a bunch of ailment moves. The best way to stop his shell from reforming is to use the mind charge and agidyne combo to destroy it before it regens. Make sure you have some SP restoring items for you and yukiko (they aren't required, but they help). Rinse and repeat until he dies.

I'm a level short for agidyne or something. I will try to level him up. I am not sure how to get divine grace and what to use for status. I usually use black spot by chie and I think I only have power slash as yosuke's strongest offensive move.
---
#8yukaru00Posted 2/8/2013 6:25:09 AM
just use this old walkthrough to beat that mitsuo. Seriously. He is not even that hard. Really.
just beware of spoilers though, this is a full walkthorugh after all.

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/Persona_4_-_PS2/Walkthrough
#9TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:26:51 AM
yukaru00 posted...
just use this old walkthrough to beat that mitsuo. Seriously. He is not even that hard. Really.
just beware of spoilers though, this is a full walkthorugh after all.

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/Persona_4_-_PS2/Walkthrough

Key words to type in the search to avoid the spoilers? I am leveling up on floor 9 now just to get agidyne and will retry it with that.
---
#10yukaru00Posted 2/8/2013 6:28:05 AM
Forgot to mention that...
I do not event need that Black Frost to beat that guy's shadow.