New to the game, asking a few questions
- Topic Archived
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
- Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
I just have a few questions to clear up.
#1 Does the level difference between you and the opposing shadows matter, if so how much? I really want to keep Izanagi as my persona, but he is so under leveled. He is lvl 8, rest of my team is lvl 18.
#2 I know that fusing and leveling up MC's Persona's give random stat boosts, but does your party member have fix stats? (I tested with Chie and she gained the same stats but I just want to make sure)
#3 Aside from your party members, is there any benefits of S.Link aside from gaining EXP upon fusion?
#4 Lastly, what activities can the MC do after you go inside the TV at night? Is it only eating from the fridge?
4 years ago#2
Do not keep Izanagi as your primary persona. There is no reason to do so, and you will cripple yourself if you do. In fact, fusing for new personae is a huge point of the game.
Yes, party members have fixed stats.
Maxing S.Links grants you access to the final persona of each arcana, which are generally very powerful. There are also some key S.Links that unlock other parts of the game, and party member S.Links grant their persona new abilities and make them more powerful.
You can read, work, or sneak out at night to do various things. After a certain point you can pick up jobs that you can do at night, allowing you to leave the house at will instead of only when Dojima isn't around. There are also some S.Links that can only be completed at night.
(Topic Creator)4 years ago#3
Thanks for the response.
But for the first question, does the level differential matter dramatically?
I know that you can do various stuff at night, but after going into the TV, you are always 'tired' to do stuff. Is there anything else you can do aside from eating from the fridge and talking to the Dojimas? Will you dream after going into the TV?
4 years ago#4
There's no point in keeping Izanagi since he gets outclassed skill-wise halfway through the first dungeon thanks to fusions. However, once you some of the better skill cards and skills in general (third tier spells, the Megido family, Growth 3, Cool Breeze/Victory Cry) you can use the skill cards or down fusing (2 Personas of the same Arcana). However, Izanagi does get fairly decent stat growths compared to some other Personas at the trade off of requiring more EXP than most of the other Personas. The level difference doesn't matter too much it's just that having Personas around the teams level will increase the damage output due to higher Strength/Magic.
Party members get fixed stat growths.
Unlock the final Persona of the Arcana, extra storyline, there's really nothing else you can do in place of the S. Links, Hermit can restore all SP for a fee, among a couple other things.
On days you go into the TV you can't really do anything at night. On days you didn't go into the TV you can read (raise social stats like Courage and Diligence), study to raise Knowledge, hang out with the nighttime S. Links (Hierophant, Justice, 1/2 of Jester, Tower, and Devil), sneak out if Dojima's not there, go to a night job (2 S. Links, one flag, money, and Dojima will let you freely go out at night), draw fortune's at the Shrine (small, medium, and great, a great fortune gives I think half the points a regular spend time event would), in June you can maintain a garden at home, on days Nanako tells you that she went shopping at Junes you can cook lunch for the following day (gives points to the S. Link you share it with), and fish (requires a few other events to happen beforehand though).
A few other things:
1) Always take a Persona of the respective Arcana when you meet up with an S. Link.
2) Once you clear a dungeon the next time you go in you can clear it again for a bonus boss (beating the boss gives Courage and there is an equip for the person who's dungeon it is). However, the first dungeons bonus boss will be a real pain without a Persona that at the very least has Physical resistance.
3) Clear dungeons on the first rainy day they become available and in 1 day, the reason for this being there's really nothing you can do on rainy days (fishing, eating at the Chinese Diner Aya, Sun S. Link, and Hermit S. Link are about it).
4) Focus on party member S. Links primarily, they'll get skills that are quite useful as well as other battle abilities (help a downed party member, help cure ailments, special attacks, among others).
5) Certain party members can do combo attacks if they're in the party and you do an all-out attack that doesn't kill all enemies, which can make them somewhat rare until later in the game. The pairings are a little obvious and there would technically be spoilers if I was to reveal them.
6) Turn on the Network Functions setting and in dungeons you request help. At the start of the next battle you'll get some HP and SP restored as a result. Make sure you return the help by accepting requests from others.
7) Focus on maxing the social stats in the first playthrough, they carry over into NG+ unlike S. Links and allow you to start and finish some S. Links earlier than normal. Additionally it frees up a ton of time at nights for fortunes and spending time with the few daytime S. Links that are hanging out in the Shopping District.
8) After the second dungeon try and fuse Personas instead of getting them through Shuffle Time. They'll level up if it's an Arcana you've started the S. Link for, and even on ones you haven't you can pass along skills. Do not under any circumstances however, select a Persona from Shuffle Time that doesn't have "NEW" at the top of its card then register it. The majority of the time the one you currently have registered is way better anyway.
4 years ago#5
From: Ybaby1990 | #003
Thanks for the response.
Yes, the level matters. Your combat stats are based entirely on your equipped persona. Using Izanagi exclusively is, as mentioned before, pointless and will put you at a severe disadvantage. Even if you fused Izanagi with a bunch of other abilities and brought it up to a decent level, you would STILL be losing out since he's really just not that good.Why are you so bent on using it?
As for night activities on days that you go into the TV, no there is nothing else you can do.
4 years ago#6
I am new to the Persona series in general, but I decided to pick up P4G as well as P3P
#1 Persona level much slower than the player the only way to keep up is to keep fusing personas. You can keep Izanagi but it takes an absurd amount of time and shuffle times for stat upgrades and skill cards to keep him up to date.
#2: Personas have %ages on what stats they will upgrade, like Strength personas will prefer Str upgrades. Party members get fixed stat upgrades, even the stat upgrades from movie watching is fixed.
#3 At max you can make the ultimate persona of that arcana most are very awesome personas to use, party members will learn skills as their S-Link levels up.
#4 Fridge is the only thing if anything is in there.
4 years ago#7
1) Don't bother keeping your initial Persona. Fuse it and keep going as often as you can, to keep up. The MC's personas don't level up nearly as fast as the other party members, to make up for their utility.
4) Pretty much nothing. After going into the TV, you're too tired to do anything else. You may be able to do a social link with Dojima and Nanako if they're there, but I've never tried.
4 years ago#8
I mained Izanagi through the whole game with no problem. True he levels slower but with the stat cards and lvl up cards at the end of battle it was a non issue. Towards the end you get many great skill cards and the skill lvl up cards are very useful too.
|More topics from this board...|
|I beat the game, but... (major spoilers and questions).||GigaMan91||21||8/20 4:32AM|
|finishing the game -open spoilers-||ma3oony||11||8/13 1:22PM|
|Kanjis Grandfather||MakotoYuri||7||8/24 10:15AM|
|Undub is now possible.||1010101010||55||8/24 8:31AM|
|Question about events after February 5th (spoilers)||GigaMan91||4||8/23 9:02PM|