Should they never had had Marie in the game? *spoilers*

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/8/2013 7:55:24 PM
I notice some people didn't really like Marie because they feel that she wasn't needed, that she barely had any involvement in the storyline at all, and she feels very "tacked on". Hell some people even said she felt more tacked on compared to even Izanami. Do you think they never should've made Marie for the game? Or was she not as completely terrible as some people say she is? Cause it sounds given how her social link and secret dungeon are both optional, it's starting to sound like maybe the game would've been better without Marie. Well, at least to the people who don't like her anyways.
#2HydreigoonPosted 2/8/2013 7:57:28 PM
I don't care, more added content = funner game to me.
---
Nami is my waifu
White FC: 3181 8609 7858 /// White 2 FC: 3053 5724 9151
#3RinkuTanukiPosted 2/8/2013 7:59:15 PM
I feel like this topic comes up several times a day.

But yes, the game was fine without her. Bad addition, but whatever.
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#4ConMan8Posted 2/8/2013 8:18:55 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/65354954
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#5Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 8:19:38 PM
I didn't know she wasn't in the original game until like 50 hours into playing Golden and by then I already really liked her.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#6KuwagataHeroPosted 2/8/2013 8:25:46 PM
You wouldn't even notice she was new if you never played the original game in the first place. There wouldn't be as many people complaining if she was in it from the start.
---
If I'm being ignorant, please enlighten me.
#7Nightmare637Posted 2/8/2013 8:46:02 PM(edited)
I think shes a fine addition.

she makes izanami make sense to an extent and less tacked on so overall she makes story better, now could they have done a better job of it thats debateable.

and my god kuxal is going to have a field day with this topic.lol
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#8yukaru00Posted 2/8/2013 9:12:49 PM
All that hateful comments about Marie are from people that fail to understand the real purpose of her creation and addition to the game. To me she was a good addition and makes the game complete, in terms of story itself.
#9TluhdatsiPosted 2/8/2013 10:22:33 PM
The thing that bugs me about Marie is that you can't spend time with her without having all your teammates show up; pretty much the only exception is when you max out her link on the romance path. And I was halfway expecting them all to show up for that, too. Their presence throughout the whole link has sort of a stalkerrific feel to it.

I understand why it was set up this way; Marie needs to have some sort of connection to them, so when you go to rescue her they have a reason to join you besides their connection to you. But I feel like it would've been much better to make the extra effort to write her into the main story. Their only connection with Marie comes from her Social Link, when she should be getting to know you better, not the whole gang.

Having your friends show up in each other's Social Links is cool, to an extent, but with Marie it goes way beyond that point. It feels like they've all dedicated themselves to preventing you from enjoying a private moment with her.
---
"We have a Constitution to protect us from the rule of 'most reasonable people'." -Butters (not the one from South Park)
#10RavenShinobiPosted 2/8/2013 10:22:54 PM
Aside from disliking her attitude, my problem with her is that she was poorly implemented in the main storyline and everyone gets attached to her even though they didn't get to spend much time with her.

Izanami was fine in vanilla, but Marie's plot with her was poorly written and made Izanami's background and intentions more convoluted and silly. There's also her dungeon that was annoying to play through. Now people might tell me that it's optional, but completing it is mandatory to view the epilogue. I don't care about Marie, but I want to see how the characters were doing after the end of the game. Personally, I think Atlus should've just limited her role to one who duplicates cards and another girl Yu can date.
---
Favorites: FF9, We <3 Katamari, Zelda: MM, Jet Grind Radio, Castlevania: SotN, Ape Escape, MGS
My anime list: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Raven_Shinobi