Should they never had had Marie in the game? *spoilers*

#11Yu-no-MikotoPosted 2/8/2013 11:58:38 PM
Another one of these topics... #sigh#

Why won't people just accept her anyway!?

See! This is what I meant by people won't even accept her.

Back to the topic...

I like... no LOVE Marie. Her story in the Hollow Forest made Yu x Marie different from other pairings. Besides Izanagi should stay with Izanami, no?

And I don't want people to say 'Marie is useless' at me...

Special mentioning to you Kuxal-san......

Really, don't even think about it.
---
"I can't fight Marie!" Yu Narukami, Persona 4 Golden.
#12BiTronicPosted 2/8/2013 11:58:39 PM
If you don't like her and just maxed Aeon for exp, you could just leave her alone in the Hollow Forest when Margaret asks whether you want to find her.
The only thing objectively good about her (note: Ilikeherforher"Ihateyoustupidjerk"tendencies) was that she gave an explanation to what Izanami was.
---
CAIUS, Y U NO STOP USING RAISE?!
#13TwilightEchoesPosted 2/9/2013 12:31:32 AM(edited)
RavenShinobi posted...
Aside from disliking her attitude, my problem with her is that she was poorly implemented in the main storyline and everyone gets attached to her even though they didn't get to spend much time with her.

The Investigation Team is just friendly. They quickly becomes friends with all the new members. And them wanting to save her is because they don't want to look the other way and just let her die, not because they know her well. They'd do it for anyone.

I personally think she added more to the story and Izanami in particular. It brings out the "Rebirth of the Goddess" part and answers questions about Izanami's origins and the Sagiri. It doesn't make things convoluted and pretty much spells out that Izanami used to be benevolent when she was whole and is now crazy with limited insight into what she's doing and what's best for mankind, all due to her nature of being split from Marie. That's nothing confusing.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#14synthetiksinPosted 2/9/2013 12:36:37 AM
I love her. Although I can understand why she would be a bit misunderstood and disliked, she is fairly abrasive and if the player doesn't have much experience with/affection towards tsundere types, she would be pretty much grating throughout the whole game.
#15ConMan8Posted 2/9/2013 1:21:23 AM
synthetiksin posted...
I love her. Although I can understand why she would be a bit misunderstood and disliked, she is fairly abrasive and if the player doesn't have much experience with/affection towards tsundere types, she would be pretty much grating throughout the whole game.

She's the least likeable tsundere I've seen.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#16synthetiksinPosted 2/9/2013 1:27:04 AM
Then you've obviously haven't had enough experience with tsundere, don't know what tsundere is, or have **** taste in tsundere.
#17ConMan8Posted 2/9/2013 1:29:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#182ylytPosted 2/9/2013 5:38:15 AM
I think Marie should have just been a playable character...
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#19RasolisuPosted 2/9/2013 5:56:16 AM(edited)
ConMan8 posted...
synthetiksin posted...

She's the least likeable tsundere I've seen.

Uhh.... she is probably one of the most likeable Tsunderes out there. Marie is naive, confused and quick to act and quick to pout which is 100% understandable considering her memory problems, she only gets violent once and well they were peeping, she even attempts to sacrifice herself to save those she grew to call friends.

Vs say someone like Louise in Zero No Tsukaima who beats the crap out her "boyfriend" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m10euvT4mt1qg9msto1_500.jpg and http://imperialx.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/1176-bdsm-hiraga_saito-louise_franc3a7oise_de_la_baume_le_blanc_de_la_vallic3a8re-moe-riding_crop-tsundere-zero_no_tsukaima.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6po9IziA-dU/TyfBYpv_5rI/AAAAAAAAAPE/Wm_9KmgZBAY/s1600/zero_no_tsukaima_3.jpg is a common sight.

Her play vs Rise is even more telling considering Rise's Japanese voice is the Queen of Tsunderes.
#20Inertion5Posted 2/9/2013 7:42:27 AM
Nightmare637 posted...
and my god kuxal is going to have a field day with this topic.lol

That made me laugh.

But no, these threads are too frequent and I'm in no mood for copy pasting my thoughts xD
Some people here already mentioned good points and I agree with them.

Yu-no-Mikoto posted...
Special mentioning to you Kuxal-san......

Really, don't even think about it.

Don't worry lol