Wow this game is tougher than P3 by a lot...(beginning spoilers maybe)
It's is only my third day with the game and I just rescued Yukiko.
I am playing on normal and already it is proving much more difficult than Persona 3 Portable.
(1) Yukiko boss fight was really tough! Yosuke got muted 2 times, Chie died 4 times (thank God for those revival beads) and I barely made it through. Not to mention the idiotic Prince that healed the boss. Everything takes such a long time to kill.
(2) I found a shadow with 3 gold shadows. They were a pushover in P3 and when they appeared, my first thought was " Huzzah! Money! and there's 3!!!" Accustomed to P3, I tried attacking them and to my surprise, it barely dented their HP. Not to mention, the Gold shadows started attacking back!!! Ugh! I was barely level 10 at that point, and I couldn't even kill a single one of them despite all the items I used up. Not a happy camper. And they ran away and I didn't get XP or money. Epic fail.:(
(3) The Map is the overall world is lots harder to navigate despite using the square button. I keep getting lost. How on earth would you be able to find NPCs for quests and social links? I don't want to walk everywhere all the effing time.I lost the job bulletin board 3x (and I keep forgetting which day is my work day, which sucks). I also lost NPCs for Slinks all the time. And don't get me started on the lousy camera that keeps making me disappear.
The game is still fun and all that, but somehow the difficulty and frustration is putting me off a little. Sad. This game may be a little too over-hyped.
1) Believe it or not, Shadow Yukiko was made easier in Golden. The fact that she has an ice weakness really helps.
2) Yeah, Gold Shadows are a lot harder to kill this time. To balance that out, they give not only massive gold, but massive EXP. If you've ever played Dragon Quest, then they'd be considered "metal slimes".
3) Um, that I can't really help with. Don't use the fast-travel until you know exactly where each place is?
There's a lot you can say about this game. But saying it's HARD is a bold faced lie.
1# It really is tons easier than P3 actually. The first boss you just gotta guard Chie's weakness like having Red Wall around or having Chie guard when she emotes. Mute on Yosuke is unusual it usually misses. You might be a little underleveled.
2# Crit the shadow to knock it down and kill it, sukukaja someone with a multi-hit physical attack and pray for a crit. Or just use an almighty attack they murder gold shadows, the first one isnt available till level 35. You just cant let them get a surprise attack, they will hit someone and run away. Once you start killing these consistently leveling becomes a joke you will be 99 so fast its not funny.
3# Lost in Inaba? strange the place is really easy to navigate.... however the camera issue in the school is rather annoying.
Now all the phys attacks (slash, strike and pierce) are merged, I have no idea which is more effective. Eg what is the difference between Cleave, Bash and so on??? Should I just assume that the phys skills that use more HP are better?
Possibly one of the easiest Megaten games in recent years, if not the easiest.
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
When you read their descriptions it will say "Light physical damage" or "Light physical damage 1x-3x" the latter means that it will hit 1 to 3 times, each hit is a different dice roll for it to crit knocking the mob down. (each move has a hidden crit chance... the faqs have that stat but it doesnt matter too much) Chie's Revolution move ups everyone's crit rate as well as the skill Apt Pupil for the person who is attacking.
Yosuke's Sukukaja is just for making sure the physical attack has a good chance to hit.
No. P3 is far more difficult than P4G. Seriously.
Just please do not assume that P3/P3Fes is the same level as P3P.
P4G > P3
But who cares anyways, since we're playing the better and harder game.
Getting bodied is what I do.
P4G > P3
You're here just to derail threads aren't you?
I felt the complete opposite actually, I literally only died twice on my entire playthrough. And that was my first playthrough too. P3P still kicks my ass though.
Not that I'm picking favorites or anything, I think both games are awesome, this one was just kinda ridiculously easy.