Wow this game is tougher than P3 by a lot...(beginning spoilers maybe)

#31Tesavius(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:17:06 AM
Ultima_Lord posted...
Nope. You were just unlucky and/or extremely unprepared / underlevelled.

I was level 10. At this point of the game, it was very difficult to grind levels because

(1) No access to fox
(2) No money for healing items and barely any for fusion
(3) Hardly any Slinks

I didn't remember Persona 3 Portable being difficult at lvl 10 and so yeah, my conclusion is this game is more difficult.

Obviously, I wouldn't know if Persona 3 FES is more difficult or not, and quite frankly, I don't really care since I don't have a FES.

I did give my reasons why I find this game is harder. For those of you who feel otherwise, you are entitled to your own opinions of course, but for those flaming me without giving reasons, you are just being "insert rude word of your choice here".

And no, not a fanboy, I like both games. P3P a little more maybe, but that's cause I played more of it at this point.
#32kratoscar2008Posted 2/10/2013 2:02:36 AM
Tesavius posted...
Ultima_Lord posted...
Nope. You were just unlucky and/or extremely unprepared / underlevelled.

I was level 10. At this point of the game, it was very difficult to grind levels because

(1) No access to fox
(2) No money for healing items and barely any for fusion
(3) Hardly any Slinks

I didn't remember Persona 3 Portable being difficult at lvl 10 and so yeah, my conclusion is this game is more difficult.

Obviously, I wouldn't know if Persona 3 FES is more difficult or not, and quite frankly, I don't really care since I don't have a FES.

I did give my reasons why I find this game is harder. For those of you who feel otherwise, you are entitled to your own opinions of course, but for those flaming me without giving reasons, you are just being "insert rude word of your choice here".

And no, not a fanboy, I like both games. P3P a little more maybe, but that's cause I played more of it at this point.

Fair enough, i say that DDS is harder than Nocturne but aniway P4G is definitely easier its just maybe something different with you because most gamers have a concensus but that doesnt mean all people will find it in the same way.

The only thing i wont agree is saying the final boss of P4 is harder than P3, that would be BS.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#33sevihaimerejPosted 2/10/2013 2:16:46 AM
I will give it to you that the first few bosses (the optional boss that shows up in Yukiko's castle especially, he WILL destroy you....(!)), are harder than most of P3P, but by the end and post game P3 is way harder for the following reasons.
1. Your party members are far more useful and customizable.
2. Leveling becomes much easier once you get access to the megido family of spells.
3. You can cover any weakness by gaurding.
4. Broken skills/Personae that make even the ultimate bosses easy.
5. This may actually support your cheapness argument but, there are a couple spots in P3 where grinding is the only way to win (sleeping table, Nyx on hard).

Wasn't trying to be a **** I was simply drunk on absinthe at the time of my earlier posts and thusly couldn't muster the cognitive abilities necessary to formulate anything that would have resembled evidence for my claims. Now I'm even more inebriated on the very same absinthe and am somehow paradoxically lucid.
_
---
The Official Harihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"Oh God! I was just imagining if dogs could talk."-Zach Galifianakis
#34yukaru00Posted 2/10/2013 3:01:24 AM
Tesavius posted...
yukaru00 posted...
No. P3 is far more difficult than P4G. Seriously.
Just please do not assume that P3/P3Fes is the same level as P3P.

I did mention I was playing the Portable version of P3, didn't I?

In P3P, I never died until around block 3 or so of Tartarus, and ONLY due to instant kill spells. Just block those on your persona and you will whiz through to the last block seriously. I ended the game on lvl 99 on MC and everyone else in late level 90s, and most of the time, I only had to guard against instant kill spells. So yeah, I stick to my story that P3 is easier. Most bosses didn't even need excessive grinding to beat.

Ok then, I will change my title since it seems to be causing confusion.

Please make yourself to play P3 or P3Fes. You'll know what the word "harder" means. No. Really.
#35ethsfanPosted 2/10/2013 3:10:34 AM
Ultima_Lord posted...
Nope. You were just unlucky and/or extremely unprepared / underlevelled. Shadow Yukiko didn't even have a weakness in vanilla, yet people did that without a problem. If it was a problem, you just grinded a few levels till Chie learned mabufu, and bam, easy boss. Get farther and you'll be amazed by how easy it gets.

Any version of P3 > other games > vanilla P4 >>>>>>>>> failing first-grade math homework >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P4G

at least p4 golden isnt as boring as p3.
#36yukaru00Posted 2/10/2013 3:12:39 AM
looolrog posted...
lol @ persona 3 fanboys claiming their opinions as facts as usual in an effort to mask their insecurities. Boohoo awwwwww

Persona 3s hardest boss battle hits softer than baby breath.

Persona 3 = cheap not hard.

Your points. Irritatingly invalid. How can I become a fan of P3 when I myself just getting in block 2 of that Tartarus?
#37kratoscar2008Posted 2/10/2013 3:31:26 AM
ethsfan posted...
Ultima_Lord posted...
Nope. You were just unlucky and/or extremely unprepared / underlevelled. Shadow Yukiko didn't even have a weakness in vanilla, yet people did that without a problem. If it was a problem, you just grinded a few levels till Chie learned mabufu, and bam, easy boss. Get farther and you'll be amazed by how easy it gets.

Any version of P3 > other games > vanilla P4 >>>>>>>>> failing first-grade math homework >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P4G

at least p4 golden isnt as boring as p3.

Low attention capabilities of yours isnt it? Poor poor soul.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#38JRPGPosted 2/10/2013 3:37:38 AM
I found P4 way harder than p3. I played the original p3 where you couldn't manually control the other characters. P4G had me interested the whole game where I felt I had to push myself to finish P3. Because I loved p4 so much I'm gonna try P3P.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#39ethsfanPosted 2/10/2013 4:46:02 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...

Low attention capabilities of yours isnt it? Poor poor soul.

what are u even talking about?
#40Terry-bogardPosted 2/10/2013 4:51:21 AM
OP , you are obviously doing something wrong because this is by far the easiest in the serie , the bosses are way too easy for my taste , I cannot comprehend how the first 2 give trouble to players , they are designed to be easy .

It's even easier now that you got SP regen at the beginning of every battle via the SOS system. I never used the fox even once and I only leave a level when I am bored of it.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.