Hate to ask about the anime, but... *spoilers*

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/9/2013 8:43:45 AM(edited)
Did most people, if not everybody (or if not either of them, then at the very least some people) hated the 26th episode of the anime which is bsed on the true ending? Because I heard practically a lot complained that it was VERY rushed. I'm sure there are more complaints, but was the true ending episode of the anime series THAT terrible to everybody? Because I'm sure people did like the anime, but it seems that they seemed very disappointed with the 26th episode. Especially since it took them about 5 months to make it.

Maybe they should've just stuck with the 25th episode instead of adding Izanami to the anime. Hell, I'm starting to wonder if in a way, it's a reference to how some people claim Izanami felt "tacked on" and was a big disappointment as the final boss and the mastermind of the whole thing. Maybe Izanami's appearance in the anime is tacked on, just like the video game.
#2kratoscar2008Posted 2/9/2013 8:48:10 AM
The whole anime is bad.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#3Ein_SophPosted 2/9/2013 8:58:27 AM
The whole episode did feel as tacked on as Izanami felt in the game.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#4buffy720Posted 2/9/2013 9:00:21 AM
The last episode is very rushed. They needed to make it longer to deal with everything they had going on.

The anime is fine, but it will never replace the game. There are also questionable decisions in the anime that they really should have avoided altogether. I still enjoyed it for the most part.
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#5cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:37:04 AM
The true ending episode was THAT big of a disappointment?
#6TalikiasmiPosted 2/9/2013 10:43:35 AM
cheatermaster posted...
The true ending episode was THAT big of a disappointment?

The True Ending episode was just a mess. It felt incredibly tacked on and hastily thrown together; the pacing was awful, the plot only sort of made sense, and it just really could have used some massive draft revisions, and had it be 2-3 episodes, instead of just one.

I actually really enjoyed the anime, but the True Ending was definitely better handled in the game.
#7ConMan8Posted 2/9/2013 12:31:03 PM
The whole series is rushed, so it's not much of a difference.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#8SvenyipPosted 2/9/2013 12:42:11 PM
ConMan8 posted...

Exactly. With all the meat (no pun intended) in P4's story, they really could have used two full seasons to tell the tale. I've only watched the first few episodes, but all of them have this impending "go go go" feeling to the scenes.

"Okay, you've got 47 seconds left! Come to terms with your personal crisis before the episode ends! Do it! NOW! Time is money!"
---
"Hey, the enemy's weak to fire! That's hot."
#9dynamitesneonPosted 2/9/2013 4:50:54 PM
Svenyip posted...
ConMan8 posted...

Exactly. With all the meat (no pun intended) in P4's story, they really could have used two full seasons to tell the tale. I've only watched the first few episodes, but all of them have this impending "go go go" feeling to the scenes.

"Okay, you've got 47 seconds left! Come to terms with your personal crisis before the episode ends! Do it! NOW! Time is money!"

I'd love to see 2 seasons, but I absolutely disagree that it's a bad series. It's not 100 hours long like the game, and the way that they trimmed it down (four max social links in two episodes) were actually quite interesting. The things added, especially during the Mitsuo fight, were very interesting, and would have made great additions to Golden.
#10Merc123Posted 2/9/2013 5:05:24 PM
Overall i liked the anime, it made me laugh and alot of the scenes were funnier than in the game. Of course it doesn't compare to Vanilla or Golden but i still liked it.

The last episode though, i felt could have been a 2 parter. It felt like everything happened really fast, even compared to the anime already moving faster. It reminded me of the Avengers Cartoon ending where they beat Galactus and 4 Heralds about a minute before the credits.

I also like the anime though since i have friends who don't game really, but think Persona 4 looked cool when they watched me play it. Its kind of a nice crash course for P4.