Anyone else think some of the characters are annoying?

#1porkins_da_manPosted 2/9/2013 10:12:55 AM
I mean, I still like the cast, but they can get on my nerves sometimes. Mainly just Yosuke and Rise. Yosuke seems like a horn-dog that will insult and just be a d*** to Kanji and Chie (which baffles me as to why some people think they belong together). And Rise won't shut-up with "heal Yukiko-senpai" this and "Heal Chie-senpai that". She also won't stop flirting with you. This more of a rant and I actually like these characters, but they just get on my nerves.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#2GSSAGE7Posted 2/9/2013 10:34:08 AM
The YosukeXChie ship is mostly for fans of Belligerent Sexual Tension. That, the fact that she's pretty much the rarest of the MCXInvestigationTeamGirl pairing, and the fact that during the Ski Trip, they're snowboarding together.
Other than that, Atlus hasn't quite figured out how to make a support character that doesn't make your ears bleed.
#3Inertion5Posted 2/9/2013 10:41:28 AM
For some reason I really like Yosuke despite him being a dick here and there. Same for Naoto. Kanji's alright and Teddie's pretty hilarious.

Chie gets on my nerves sometimes, same as Rise with her constant flirting.

Yukiko eh... I don't know, she's just there.
#4Ein_SophPosted 2/9/2013 10:50:45 AM
I can only speak for myself but it feels like it's more of characters have certain "moments" when they're incredibly annoying. Some just have them more than others.

Rise's flirting is sorta ok, though it did annoy me sometimes. I did laugh whenever Marie got close to the MC due to the simple fact that this got on Rise's nerves.

Yosuke is just an ass and I've come to accept that. In that sense, he hasn't been that annoying to me.

Hell, even Naoto, who I consider the least annoying and most level-headed character can be annoying sometimes, due to the way she is. Sometimes she is just TOO formal and adult-like when you'd like her to loosen herself a little.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#5porkins_da_man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:51:26 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
The YosukeXChie ship is mostly for fans of Belligerent Sexual Tension. That, the fact that she's pretty much the rarest of the MCXInvestigationTeamGirl pairing, and the fact that during the Ski Trip, they're snowboarding together.
Other than that, Atlus hasn't quite figured out how to make a support character that doesn't make your ears bleed.

Not to be "that guy" but to be fair, the MC did have his hand in her shoulder when that picture at the end was taken.
---
#6GSSAGE7Posted 2/9/2013 11:13:29 AM
porkins_da_man posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

Not to be "that guy" but to be fair, the MC did have his hand in her shoulder when that picture at the end was taken.

And Kanji had a hand on Yukiko's shoulder if you're talking about the first picture. If you're talking about the epilogue picture, then Naoto has Teddie's hand on her shoulder, and Yosuke's hands are on his.
What's your point?
#7porkins_da_man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:35:38 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
porkins_da_man posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

And Kanji had a hand on Yukiko's shoulder if you're talking about the first picture. If you're talking about the epilogue picture, then Naoto has Teddie's hand on her shoulder, and Yosuke's hands are on his.
What's your point?

Im just trying to defend the posdibility of MCxChie. Im not trying to make anyone mad or stat a fight, but if I find something tgat I think I can use as evidence, I'll use it.
---
#8TheExiled280Posted 2/9/2013 11:38:32 AM(edited)
I don't understand all the Yoskue hate. He makes a couple jokes every now and then that are intended as game humour but everyone acts like he is some type of abusive bully.

Some gamers are WAY too serious about games....
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#9Inertion5Posted 2/9/2013 11:38:50 AM
Poor P4 cast.
They can't even touch a friend's shoulder without being accused of being in a relationship with whoever they're touching.
#10SuperPunx64Posted 2/9/2013 11:45:34 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
I don't understand all the Yoskue hate. He makes a couple jokes every now and then that are intended as game humour but everyone acts like he is some type of abusive bully.

Some gamers are WAY too serious about games....

There is alot of truth in this post.
---
One city is lawless, One city fighting for order, that's what the law is.
3DS: 1418-6790-0913 (Reg)