Wow! I never expected to feel this way about a game.

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 2/9/2013 11:23:41 AM
Before I start I would like to ask everyone to please refrain from spoiling anything about the game and other Persona/ SMT games. I would greatly appreciate and thank you!!

Here I go:

I am not one of the lucky guys who played persona or any SMT series back then and I only played a bit of Strange Journey and Devil Survivor for the DS and I think a quarter or almost half of P3P.I must say

I am amazed about how this game really make me feel different kinds of feelings and make me emotionally attached to each of the characters (S.Links in particular) in the game. I know that comparing my time with this game (up to amagi inn so far) and P3P( I think I had up to after they went to the beach or resort of some sort?) It is only in this game that I really feel the emotions of the characters like during sad and happy times and especially on those sweet moments with the characters who you have an intimate relation with.

I have never felt this way in a long time about a game and I think I will be sad once it all ends but I must say that I enjoyed every moment of the game and how it really made me feel as if I am in the game. I think what contributes to me feeling this way is to how some characters sort of resemble some people I know in real life. I mean we may have a friend who is like yosuke or a girl that is like yukiko or chie or even a teacher like Morooka.

I apologize for the long post, I just want to say I am loving every moment of this game and I have never felt this way in quite a while.
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#2TheExiled280Posted 2/9/2013 11:26:20 AM
One of the highest rated RPGs ever for a reason
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#3TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:35:18 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
One of the highest rated RPGs ever for a reason

I have to confess that I didn't come buy this game expecting I would feel this way. I mean it isn't released here in Australia until the end of February I think. I just randomly browsed ebay after one of my pay days last month and said " Heck I got $100 to spend so I might as well import a copy".

All I can say is that it was really really really worth it and it is really worth getting it earlier and I wished I imported it around the time of its release last year. I have been sinking my available hours non-stop into the game and the music and Rise's face (for some unknown reason) is the only thing that is running through my mind everyday at work.
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#4SvenyipPosted 2/9/2013 12:38:46 PM
Agreed. I've tried with the Persona series multiple times over the years, all the way back from the original. Even P3P didn't really do it for me (although I'll probably go back and give it another try now).

I got Golden for the holidays and basically sat on it for a month without even looking at it. Then I randomly borrowed Persona 4: Arena since it was by the Blazblue crew. Got about halfway through one of the story arcs (and I'll give them credit for giving away as few details about the previous games as possible) and realized I had to stop because I wanted to understand what had happened before that point.

Three weeks and 60+ hours of gameplay later, I'm at the final few days and actively trying to stretch out the experience for as long as possible. What a trip. Any game that can make me actually care about a frickin Teddy Bear wins high praise in my book.

I'm actively looking forward to my second playthrough to end up with the right girl (fear of commitment left me missing out), log more time with the less-played characters and actively attempt to fuse more Persona combinations. Need to complete a bunch of social links, too - I'm sure I could have FAQ'd my way to a more complete first run, but I don't regret a single hour of my first, mostly blind, run.

Good stuff.
---
"Hey, the enemy's weak to fire! That's hot."
#5NavydavPosted 2/9/2013 6:11:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6LightOfJudgmentPosted 2/9/2013 6:13:39 PM
Navydav posted...
(text)

Dude, spoilers!
---
Awaiting/Want: Tales of Xillia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zerus/fail2-12.jpg
#7NavydavPosted 2/10/2013 1:06:30 PM
What did I do wrong. I didn't think I typed in anything that hasn't blasted all over the board and I am positive I did typed spoilers in my message anyway. Besides I haven't even beaten game myself.
#8RinkuTanukiPosted 2/10/2013 1:25:35 PM
You gave the identity of the killer and you did not mark spoilers. It will show that in your moderated posts notification.
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#9RasolisuPosted 2/10/2013 1:26:20 PM
Time to try out P3 eh TC :)

P3P or FES... Or both for the FMC and The Answer. P3 can have almost the same effect as P4 when you put it altogether, the way both the guy and the girl build relationships in P3P and then the after story in The Answer in FES.
#10BlitzKing900Posted 2/10/2013 2:13:27 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Before I start I would like to ask everyone to please refrain from spoiling anything about the game and other Persona/ SMT games. I would greatly appreciate and thank you!!

Navydav posted...
What did I do wrong. I didn't think I typed in anything that hasn't blasted all over the board and I am positive I did typed spoilers in my message anyway. Besides I haven't even beaten game myself.

I know you did it unintentionally but you did the exact opposite of what the TC asked. In future just be vague "I'm up to the final boss and have really enjoyed it so far. Some scenes near the end nearly made me tear up" etc. Rather than mentioning names.

RinkuTanuki posted...
You gave the identity of the killer and you did not mark spoilers. It will show that in your moderated posts notification.

---
PSN: Soggy-Snake-