Persona 1 and 2 worth getting/playing?

#11sevihaimerejPosted 2/9/2013 7:49:47 PM
KuwagataHero posted...
Is Innocent Sin worth playing without having access to Eternal Punishment? I really want to play them but I'd rather not start the story if I'm going to be missing out on a big part of it.

No, they are both pretty self-contained enough. Playing both games does enhance the experience but in kind of an odd way. It doesn't even really matter which one you play first...._*
---
The Official Harihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"Oh God! I was just imagining if dogs could talk."-Zach Galifianakis
#12KuwagataHeroPosted 2/9/2013 8:35:03 PM
I see. Might give it shot then, but I really do wish that the PSP version of EP would come out here.
---
If I'm being ignorant, please enlighten me.
#13FScellPosted 2/9/2013 8:39:59 PM
It's more than likely never going to, sadly.

Much better off finding a version of the PSX game.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#14yukaru00Posted 2/10/2013 12:40:36 AM
Yes you should. They are awesome, as in AWESOME.
#15eidolon24Posted 2/10/2013 3:10:58 AM(edited)
P2 is a bit on the mature side. I like it. Rumor system is unique. Also, the ending for EP was like, MIND = BLOWN.

If you're also planning on playing P1, make sure you don't play the PSOne version. The translation is just stupid beyond belief. The publisher had the inkling to even change the setting of the game. The the translators made it so that the game happened in NA.
---
"I believe that stories are written and read to rebel against the fact that you only live once."
#16yukaru00Posted 2/10/2013 3:20:34 AM
eidolon24 posted...
P2 is a bit on the mature side. I like it. Rumor system is unique. Also, the ending for EP was like, MIND = BLOWN.

If you're also planning on playing P1, make sure you don't play the PSOne version. The translation is just stupid beyond belief. The publisher had the inkling to even change the setting of the game. The the translators made it so that the game happened in NA.

lolwut. The psone/psx version of P1, P2 IS, and P2 EP are both translated by fans. They are not the official translation. Thus resulting to the stupid and annoying translations.
#17ethsfanPosted 2/10/2013 3:25:00 AM
play smt 1 over persona 1
id recomend persona 2 tho, it was decent
#18eidolon24Posted 2/10/2013 4:10:41 AM(edited)
yukaru00 posted...
eidolon24 posted...

lolwut. The psone/psx version of P1, P2 IS, and P2 EP are both translated by fans. They are not the official translation. Thus resulting to the stupid and annoying translations.

lolwut? Only IS was fan-translated. I'm pretty sure P1 and EP were not. P1 and EP both had an official US release.
---
"I believe that stories are written and read to rebel against the fact that you only live once."
#19ViewtifulGenePosted 2/10/2013 8:36:30 AM
I enjoyed IS. I am 5 hours into P1 and am not impressed so far.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#20Inertion5Posted 2/10/2013 8:42:09 AM
PSX: Persona 1 Revelations and Persona 2: EP - localized.
Persona 2: Innocent sin - fan translated

PSP: Persona 1 and Persona 2: Innocent Sin - localized.
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment: Not localized and no fan translation so far.

I write this cause some people are sure there's a fan translation of PSP EP.