The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So, about the story P1~P4 / Wildcard (Spoilers)

#1ZeriosPosted 2/11/2013 12:23:42 AM
Simply Put.
- I haven't beat P1 or P2 or gone that far into them (physical copies, dead PSP)
- I have beaten P3 (Male MC if it matters)
- In November of P4.
- Haven't gotten P4 Arena yet.
- I don't mind spoilers, but keep it in spoiler tags or something. Just for anyone else, just in case.

With that said, I probably hate myself for wondering about these small things in games.

In P1 and P2 the protagonist's and other main characters, many if not all who came into contact with the Blue Butterfly/Philemon have the ability to switch persona's at the fly much like the protagonists of P3 and P4. There's however one thing however I've noticed when it comes concerning P3 and P4 which made me think of this in the first place and bugging the crap out of me.

Basically, in P1 and P2 I vaguely recall the characters being able to use their Persona's in the normal world. In P3 they make no mention of trying this and given the stories context, probably unnecessary. But in P4 both Rise made mention during the Class Trip that she wishes she could search for people like in the TV World, and Yosuke during the Band Gig makes mention of not being able to use his persona in the normal world.

Is there any specific reason for this or something?

Along the lines that maybe everyone but the MC in P3 used artificial means to manifest their persona's via Evokers, while the cast in P4 were forced to face their true selves.

Ugh, this is getting long winded. I guess the point I'm simply trying to make is in the story setting of P4 especially in a serial murder case from I've played thus far, what's keeping the MC from busting out Izanagi or something in the real world if the killer approaches him or, given the nature of these stories, any one close to the MC? I mean, if the Wildcard ability is the same as the one that everyone else has in P1/P2 then shouldn't this be possible excluding the possible, negative reprecussion's for say summoning Lucifer during Christmas or Mid-terms or some crap?

Is it simply a "Well, I didn't think to try it!" thing?

Or am I just simply confused, and there was some Eldritch stuff going down in P1/P2 that I didn't see getting explained (or possibly have seen the mid-to-end game plot) like Tartarus / TV World?

If it's explained somewhere, toss me a link if you can/don't mind. If you can explain it better, please go right ahead if all possible. I didn't seem to find anything on this board however via search, maybe I'm blind. Just a head's up if you can for end-game spoilers for any of those games.
#2RasolisuPosted 2/11/2013 1:10:44 AM(edited)
Each game the Persona ability was given to the characters from someone. In P3 it is Nyx (evokers are made from the feathers of nyx iirc), P4 it is Izanami and P1/P2 it is Philemon and Nyarly .

P1 and P2 the Personas needed outside stimuli to actually be summoned, contact with said 2 people (via the Persona game or the Joker) and the fact that the world is basically falling apart with demons running around and all that jazz.

P3 guys CAN summon their personas in the real world with an evoker, but in the TV world it is easier to do it thus removing the need for an evoker, this is a major plot point in arena. Akihiko mentions that he first summoned his persona without an evoker too but that would have been in the dark hour most likely not 100% the real world. The P4 guys could too if they had evokers as well.

EDIT: oh yeah The MC does it in the real world in P3 during the bad ending.
#3kratoscar2008Posted 2/11/2013 12:46:56 AM
Its not explained but my guess is that the use of Personas is limited by the ambient/background, in P1 it was the effect of the Deva System, in P2 was because of Nyarlathotep curse, in P3 by the Dark Hour and in P4 by the TV world.

Its too the fact that Philemon is full power in P1 and P2 (Barely EP), so we can assume that since Personas are summoned by external stimuli, the place matters.

Another guess is that the TV world is such a confy place the P4 team arent accustomed to the "harsh" environment of the real world, that Fuuka in Arena can use Personas in the real world is proof that with dedication and training you can do it outside.

In short, if the P4 team didnt pandered all the time and actually focused on the investigation and train they could summon personas outside the TV world.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#4teddiepantsPosted 2/11/2013 12:54:53 AM
I think the only thing we can confirm is the members of SEES being able to use their personas in the real world, as demonstrated by Fuuka in P4A.
#5terran3999999Posted 2/11/2013 9:36:09 AM
In P3 it is Nyx (evokers are made from the feathers of nyx iirc)
WTH did you get this from? The Evokers were simply made from the Kirijo Group. It might have contained some of the old technology from the older group but that should be all.

I think the key missing ingredient the IT is missing is: an immediate sense of danger in the real world. Yes, Phily did give the P1 and P2 their powers but it was also during a battle that allowed them to awaken or die a horrible death.

With that said though, I really don't think a smart idea would be for the IT to scare each other to death to try to awaken their Personae in the normal world.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#6RasolisuPosted 2/11/2013 9:46:04 AM
terran3999999 posted...
In P3 it is Nyx (evokers are made from the feathers of nyx iirc)
WTH did you get this from? The Evokers were simply made from the Kirijo Group. It might have contained some of the old technology from the older group but that should be all.

I remember a line or data about how Evokers had been made with something with a connection to Nyx. Nvm then.
#7GaboadoPosted 2/11/2013 11:12:14 AM
The evokers are made from Shadows the Kirijo group collect. It only help to summon, but the SEES can summon without those, itīs more hard but possible.
#8Inertion5Posted 2/11/2013 12:02:05 PM
Gaboado posted...
The evokers are made from Shadows the Kirijo group collect. It only help to summon, but the SEES can summon without those, itīs more hard but possible.

Nowhere is it said that Evokers are made from Shadows.

Or Nyx's feathers lul
#9darker95Posted 2/11/2013 4:58:05 PM
i thought all the mcs were in contact with philemon aka the blue butterfly. izanami just gave y the ability to go in the tv, death just amp his powers via fusion spells by himself.
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#10terran3999999Posted 2/11/2013 9:50:28 PM
The evokers are made from Shadows the Kirijo group collect.
What is this I don't even
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.