So, about the story P1~P4 / Wildcard (Spoilers)

#11kratoscar2008Posted 2/11/2013 11:23:08 PM
terran3999999 posted...
The evokers are made from Shadows the Kirijo group collect.
What is this I don't even

Fanfiction is the only explanation.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#12Zerios(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:05:17 AM
Uh, hmm.

Based on what I seen before, I thought the Wildcard / coming into contact with Philemon was the base for all this and it never occurred for the MC of P3 and P4 to try this for whatever inane reason, but it appears there was something after all.

So basically, to sum it all up from what I gather, there is always an external factor (Nyarlathotep, Nyx/Dark Hour, TV World) that stirs crap up and creates a Persona friendly zone?

Otherwise, as mentioned before with Fuuka from what I understand to be from P4 Arena. It's possible for others to just whip up their Persona without any of these external condition just that it requires a bit of effort to do it?

Suddenly feel like wasting a day petting a cat is pretty ineffective waste of scheduling, not that the game's narrative lets you do anything about it. Guess the remark about P4's cast being lazy in regards to the investigation / serial murder case that is physically kidnapping people is a bit spot on.
#13GSSAGE7Posted 2/12/2013 7:10:52 AM
Zerios posted...
Suddenly feel like wasting a day petting a cat is pretty ineffective waste of scheduling, not that the game's narrative lets you do anything about it. Guess the remark about P4's cast being lazy in regards to the investigation / serial murder case that is physically kidnapping people is a bit spot on.

As much as I like Persona 4, they really are. If they were dead serious, they'd would have had someone keep an eye on Kanji all day, without leaving, for instance. It's only once Naoto shows up that they make any serious headway. And once they decide not to kill Namatame, they also make massive headway. You could've captured 4 days after Nanako dies if not for the social links, to make it obvious.
#14Rogue_ThoughtsPosted 2/12/2013 3:35:34 PM
Zerios posted...
Uh, hmm.

Based on what I seen before, I thought the Wildcard / coming into contact with Philemon was the base for all this and it never occurred for the MC of P3 and P4 to try this for whatever inane reason, but it appears there was something after all.

So basically, to sum it all up from what I gather, there is always an external factor (Nyarlathotep, Nyx/Dark Hour, TV World) that stirs crap up and creates a Persona friendly zone?

Otherwise, as mentioned before with Fuuka from what I understand to be from P4 Arena. It's possible for others to just whip up their Persona without any of these external condition just that it requires a bit of effort to do it?

It's not a "Persona friendly zone" for the other games. Only the TV world is because it's so closely linked to shadows. In P3, the characters can just summon their personas. They use evokers to make it a lot easier (normally, it requires a life/death scenario to summon one). So, any SEES member could go anywhere in the world, any time of day, pull out their evoker, and summon their persona. It is possible, in a life/death scenario, for any P4 character to summon their personas in the real world. Theoretically, if they were given evokers, they could summon their personas just like the SEES characters. I won't say anything about P1/P2 because I haven't played them and they're set in a different universe anyway.

For instance, (slight P3FES spoilers) Mitsuru is shown summoning her persona for the first time as a child when a shadow tries to attack her father. No evoker.
#15RasolisuPosted 2/12/2013 3:51:35 PM
Rogue_Thoughts posted...
Zerios posted...
Uh, hmm.

It's not a "Persona friendly zone" for the other games. Only the TV world is because it's so closely linked to shadows. In P3, the characters can just summon their personas. They use evokers to make it a lot easier (normally, it requires a life/death scenario to summon one). So, any SEES member could go anywhere in the world, any time of day, pull out their evoker, and summon their persona. It is possible, in a life/death scenario, for any P4 character to summon their personas in the real world. Theoretically, if they were given evokers, they could summon their personas just like the SEES characters. I won't say anything about P1/P2 because I haven't played them and they're set in a different universe anyway.

For instance, (slight P3FES spoilers) Mitsuru is shown summoning her persona for the first time as a child when a shadow tries to attack her father. No evoker.

I believe that was during the dark hour ... It's been a while though I could be wrong. (This debate over personas in the real world has been going on for a while and I have never seen that one brought up so I assume dark hour.)

Akihiko's story in P4A he states that he summoned his persona the first time before he had an evoker, didn't state if it was in the dark hour or not though. He was suprised when he could summon it in the TV world without it with no problem. He is still seen using it though in the story and in gameplay.

The only two people who have been shown useing their personas in the real world are Fuuka and the P3MC both with their Evokers.
#16kratoscar2008Posted 2/12/2013 4:48:29 PM
Rogue_Thoughts posted...

I won't say anything about P1/P2 because I haven't played them and they're set in a different universe anyway.

Where did you got this utter F**** baseless assumption? Persona takes place in the same universe (Barring P2 IS) all of them (AGAIN except IS).

This line invalidates your post completely.
---
#17terran3999999Posted 2/12/2013 9:33:30 PM
LOL, the things said in this topic just gets more and more stupid.

I won't say anything about P1/P2 because I haven't played them and they're set in a different universe anyway.
And thank you for proving my point.

You must have missed that part where the Kirijo Group branched off from the Nanjo Group. You also missed the obvious easter's eggs they did when you turn on the TV in lounge of the dorm. I am absolutely certain that its the same Phily and Nose the characters have been meeting and that no Amala Network hijinks are involved.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#18kratoscar2008Posted 2/12/2013 9:39:27 PM
terran3999999 posted...
LOL, the things said in this topic just gets more and more stupid.

And thank you for proving my point.

You must have missed that part where the Kirijo Group branched off from the Nanjo Group. You also missed the obvious easter's eggs they did when you turn on the TV in lounge of the dorm. I am absolutely certain that its the same Phily and Nose the characters have been meeting and that no Amala Network hijinks are involved.

You realize he wont know what the heck are you talking about right?
---
#19KefkaesqueXIIIPosted 2/12/2013 10:35:56 PM
darker95 posted...
i thought all the mcs were in contact with philemon aka the blue butterfly. izanami just gave y the ability to go in the tv, death just amp his powers via fusion spells by himself.

The P1 and P2 characters were given a partial wild card ability through direct contact with Philimon, but it's never explicitly stated or shown that Yu and Minato had any such contact.

In fact, Izanami specifically says that she gave Yu's power a "gentle push."

This statement, coupled with the clear differences between the P3/P4 MC's wild card and the P1/P2 casts abilities, leads me to believe that Yu and Minato just happened to be born with a "true" wildcard ability, though they still needed outside stimulus to awaken to it (in Minato's case, I think it was the life-or-death situation on the dorm roof + the evoker that did it)

As for real world persona usage, like others have already stated the P3 cast are proof that it can still be done so long as you either use an aid (i.e. an evoker) or have trained your self to do it.

It can also be argued that the reason the P1/P2 cast could summon their personas in the real world without training/aid was thanks to their direct contact with Philimon giving them a bit of a leg up over P3/P4's self-taught cast.
---
"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps." Michael Carpenter - Death Masks
Official Norn of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#20DaimaoTakahashiPosted 2/12/2013 10:41:04 PM
Hmm, If I remember correctly, the characters in P1/P2 don't have the exact same benefits as the Wild Carders (Minato/MC, Aigis, and Yu), they are more like Proto-Wild Carders. They can use several Personas, but are limited to one or three Arcanas. The characters of P1/P2, Aigis (partially), Minato, and Yu gained their Persona summoning ability by coming into contact with Philemon/The Blue Butterfly, everyone else either gained their ability from Nyarlathotep or gained it naturally.

The characters from Persona 3 can summon their Personas in the real world, it should be obvious that they can since Medea nearly killed Chidori in the Real World and Mitsuru having an entire organisation full of Persona users dedicated to hunting Shadows while the Dark Hour is currently inactive. They don't need an evoker, it is just easier for them to summon their Personas that way.