Isn't it not a good idea to have both Yosuke and Teddie in the party?

#1KuwagataHeroPosted 2/11/2013 11:00:50 AM
They're both weak to electricity... yet they have a combo attack together. I realize that not all enemies know Zio spells, but I feel like it kind of gimps you if you wanted to play the entire game with them in your party.
---
If I'm being ignorant, please enlighten me.
#2Zero 0083Posted 2/11/2013 11:03:53 AM
I did just fine with the two of them, though if you want, you can pair up Chie and Yukiko or Naoto and Kanji if you're going for that team attack thing. Just sayin.
---
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear
#3itis41269Posted 2/11/2013 11:09:20 AM
I do just fine with them in my party together....but i also have Evade Elec on both of them
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#4terran3999999Posted 2/11/2013 11:37:58 AM
Evade Elec more than solves that problem. On the plus side with both of them you also get all three of the Ma-kaja buffs.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#5RasolisuPosted 2/11/2013 12:56:47 PM
terran3999999 posted...
Evade Elec more than solves that problem. On the plus side with both of them you also get all three of the Ma-kaja buffs.

Yet Chie does them all in one turn...

Anyway if you are aware of what is coming up and electric attacks are on the menu switch one out.

I am not the biggest fan of Ted, there is always someone better in any of his builds with the exception of ice attacks. He is like the Ken of P4.... Anyway Evade Elec + Debilitate and Masukukaja and elec attack should never hit Ted gets Evade Elec pretty late in the game compared to where your other party members should be maxed.
#6demunpuncherPosted 2/11/2013 2:05:42 PM
Rasolisu posted...
terran3999999 posted...

Anyway if you are aware of what is coming up and electric attacks are on the menu switch one out.

I am not the biggest fan of Ted, there is always someone better in any of his builds with the exception of ice attacks. He is like the Ken of P4.... Anyway Evade Elec + Debilitate and Masukukaja and elec attack should never hit Ted gets Evade Elec pretty late in the game compared to where your other party members should be maxed.

Of course, by the time you have Dragon Hustle you should also have all 3 Auto-Ma abilities on a utility Persona or at the very least the skill cards.
#7terran3999999Posted 2/11/2013 10:45:00 PM
Yet it costs her an assload of SP and some more which makes it a very situational skill.

SP wise, its overall smarter to have separate members just throw up each of the Ma-kaja buffs.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#8Exa_ManPosted 2/11/2013 10:48:03 PM
Forget Yosuke and Teddy.

Just max out Chie and Yukiko's S-Links and have them do a hidden 'Twin Dragons' fusion spell attack together.

It's frickin' awesome!!
;)
---
All hail Lord Zoidberg!!!
(\/)(;,,,;)(\/)
#9Rayearth87Posted 2/12/2013 12:56:22 AM
Yeah, if you've maxed their S.Links and prepare accordingly, you can more or less make up for their elemental weaknesses. So Junes Bomber is still usable in the late game, though it's the only combo attack I personally never see.

I always have Yukiko, and I usually have Naoto once I get her, so depending on who I have for physical attacks, I get one of the other combo attacks. They're a nice bonus, but I don't know that I'd build a party around them. It just usually ends up for me that a party has 2 people that form a combo together.
#10natchu96Posted 2/12/2013 1:11:09 AM
terran3999999 posted...
Yet it costs her an assload of SP and some more which makes it a very situational skill.

SP wise, its overall smarter to have separate members just throw up each of the Ma-kaja buffs.

And by then you could just have a maxed out Rise, and you can bring nothing but a katana and still have all the buffs in the world.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)