Would I enjoy persona 3?

#1mistermikeymikePosted 2/11/2013 9:00:11 PM
I really dislike not having control of my party members. Do they do noticeably stupid stuff often? Hows the AI compared to 4?

Will I lose a lot of battles because of them?
---
So Damn Foxy.
#2SicianPosted 2/11/2013 9:02:26 PM
If you want to have control of your party members, you can try P3P. The drawback is the graphics. It depends on what is more important.
---
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.
#3ConMan8Posted 2/11/2013 9:04:05 PM
You don't really need to control your party members that much, as long as you know how to set tactics. Remember to anal-yse enemies because your party member AI becomes super smart.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#4Rogue_ThoughtsPosted 2/11/2013 9:07:47 PM
Play P3P then. You also get the female MC option, which gives you better social links--including links with your male teammates.
#5VsinPosted 2/11/2013 9:12:52 PM
I've been messing around in P3P with the AI turned on and it's honestly not that bad. Just let your party members do the DPS and handle the surviving yourself.
---
If I'm not Vsin, I'm Aldracity.
#6mistermikeymike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:17:11 PM
Rogue_Thoughts posted...
Play P3P then. You also get the female MC option, which gives you better social links--including links with your male teammates.

female mc looks gross. give me yukari pls
---
So Damn Foxy.
#7Final_galePosted 2/11/2013 9:18:23 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
Do they do noticeably stupid stuff often?

Inb4MarinKarin

Being serious, the AI isn't too bad, with Yukari and Mitsuru being the exceptions. Yukari learns Wind Break, which she prioritizes over Mediarahan, even if she's set to Heal/Support, and Mitsuru learns a couple status ailment skills, which she uses at painfully stupid times, but at least she can be fixed with the Full Assault and Knock Down tactics. Personally, the thing I hate most about the tactics is that Heal/Support are lumped together, so unless your teams HP is 90-100%, your teammates will never cast Ma-kaja/Ma-kunda spells (except Junpei, since he doesn't have healing spells). Other than that, the AI is surprisingly competent.
#8ethsfanPosted 2/11/2013 9:26:51 PM
Final_gale posted...

Inb4MarinKarin

Being serious, the AI isn't too bad, with Yukari and Mitsuru being the exceptions. Yukari learns Wind Break, which she prioritizes over Mediarahan, even if she's set to Heal/Support, and Mitsuru learns a couple status ailment skills, which she uses at painfully stupid times, but at least she can be fixed with the Full Assault and Knock Down tactics. Personally, the thing I hate most about the tactics is that Heal/Support are lumped together, so unless your teams HP is 90-100%, your teammates will never cast Ma-kaja/Ma-kunda spells (except Junpei, since he doesn't have healing spells). Other than that, the AI is surprisingly competent.

in p3p u dnt even have to fight with them unless its a boss fight. i just would make them go "explore/look for the stairs".
#9Legend524Posted 2/11/2013 9:27:14 PM
I liked 3 better storyline wise, but p4 is a more polished game. Then again...p3fes was my first persona game.
#10mistermikeymike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:59:14 PM
ethsfan posted...
Final_gale posted...

Inb4MarinKarin

in p3p u dnt even have to fight with them unless its a boss fight. i just would make them go "explore/look for the stairs".

to be fair you can go solo in 4 as well but i always brought the gang along
---
So Damn Foxy.