Just a question here... *spoilers*

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/13/2013 5:54:04 PM
Were there obvious clues that indicates that Namatame wasn't the killer? I know there were genre-savy points that indicate Adachi being the killer. But assuming you didn't know who the real killer is, were there hints and clues that are so obvious they show us why it wasn't Namatame at all? Cause if there were obvious clues, then the game didn't do a good job trying to trick us into thinking Namatame was the killer, did they?
#2ScutchingtonPosted 2/13/2013 5:57:17 PM
Namatame: I'll save people!

Warning letters: Stop saving people or I'll kill you

It was pretty obvious, hell, the real killer becomes obvious around the fourth dungeon anyways. It's a great story but a pretty mediocre mystery imo
---
Ritsu Tainaka is mai waifu. http://i45.tinypic.com/wi28gw.jpg http://tinyurl.com/8zgmv2k "Gamecenter CX! Kacho... on!" -Arino Shinya
#3demunpuncherPosted 2/13/2013 6:16:26 PM
Naoto also mentions the first two victims (and Morooka) aren't mentioned at all in his diary that lists off the people he's "saved" (or thinks he has at least).
#4TowerBooks3192Posted 2/13/2013 6:48:40 PM
I never really thought about that until I saw some faqs after getting the bad ending and reloading.

I must say my main focus while playing the game were not the murders but as to why you were in the fog in the beginning and I know something didnt add up when I got the bad ending.

As for adachi, in NG+ I really started to notice him misleading me and notice some details that I havent seen in the beginning or I overlooked like something as small as the konishi siblings in front of marukyu at the start and the weird gas attendant who always talks about the midnight channel
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#5GSSAGE7Posted 2/13/2013 7:01:29 PM
Yukiko's comment on how he says that he saved the party members is something I noticed too.

Plus, since when do the Shadows on the Midnight Channel have conversations with the viewer, as opposed to talking like a normal TV show? That, and his shadow pretty much daring you to kill him seemed fairly out of character given what shadows tended to do beforehand.
#6PhantomReaperXPosted 2/14/2013 1:05:07 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Yukiko's comment on how he says that he saved the party members is something I noticed too.

Plus, since when do the Shadows on the Midnight Channel have conversations with the viewer, as opposed to talking like a normal TV show? That, and his shadow pretty much daring you to kill him seemed fairly out of character given what shadows tended to do beforehand.

Well Mitsuo's midnight channel shadow pretty much talked to the players but I see your point, Namatame's was basically egging the team on which I believe was the whole point of it. The game never really tried making him out to be the killer and the choice with Namatame wasn't to decide he was the killer, but simply to see if everyone would give in to deception and place all the blame on him, killing Namatame in blind rage without trying to see the truth.

I always had suspicions about Adachi, simple because he was giving us too much to go on but it was after I noticed he started leading me towards certain thoughts like telling Yosuke about Namatame hitting on Saki or in the hospital. What really made me feel off was after Naoto's dungeon, when he comes in hammered. Usually it's Dojima drinking because these incidents aren't getting any closer to getting solved but this time it was Adachi drinking after the "missing people" started happening again.

If by the time you find Namatame, you aren't at least suspecting Adachi of something then you're not all that genre-savy with mysteries. Though I suppose if you don't suspect him and think he can't be capable of murder, all the following scenes are all the more intense. I do like in the anime where they point out Mitsuo never being rescued by Namatame despite being on the midnight channel, pointing towards someone else putting him in.
---
Gamertag PS3: Phantom_Reaper_X
I play Blazblue CSE: Tsubaki, Persona4 Arena: Naoto, and WO3 online