So whats Kanji's story? *spoiler*

#1Sailor GoonPosted 2/14/2013 5:24:17 PM
Is he supposed to be gay, or is he into girls?
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#2Franzise_DPosted 2/14/2013 5:25:38 PM
It's a secret to everybody.

No, really, Atlus intentionally left Kanji's sexuality ambiguous.
#3ScutchingtonPosted 2/14/2013 5:25:58 PM
He's just scared of being rejected because of what his interests are.
---
Ritsu Tainaka is mai waifu. http://i45.tinypic.com/wi28gw.jpg http://tinyurl.com/8zgmv2k "Gamecenter CX! Kacho... on!" -Arino Shinya
#4GSSAGE7Posted 2/14/2013 5:28:35 PM
Troy Baker apparently acted as if Kanji was gay. However, there's a lot of ambiguity towards the subject, not the least of which due to Naoto.

Bisexuality is a possible answer that most people overlook, though.
#5SolKarellenPosted 2/14/2013 5:45:59 PM
It's a stereotype thing.

And just remember how flustered he got at the mention of Yukiko using the hot springs...
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#6terran3999999Posted 2/14/2013 7:08:03 PM
Quick, someone post a link to that hiimdaisy comic.

Serious answer: SMT has left it up to you, the individual player, to decide.

So
Kanji could be a homosexual
He could have been very confused prior to confronting his Shadow
And he could also be a bisexual

Did I cover all of the bases?
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#7EmeralDragon23Posted 2/14/2013 7:31:17 PM(edited)
He's bisexual

he just doesn't know what Bisexuality actually is, so he thinks he's a confusing weirdo who is bound to get rejected because not only does he like guys, he can't even like them properly because he also likes girls
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Last Story, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
#8FishyGoodness12Posted 2/14/2013 7:29:10 PM
TC, you have no idea what you've started >_<

Also, I say Kanji wasn't really gay to begin with, that's just his shadow. He just wanted to be excepted for who he was, afraid of being rejected for his hobbies.
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#9Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:36:58 PM
I havent finished the game so maybe he is yet to do something, but I've seen him make zero attempts towards women and he's just awkward with guys. During and after the bathhouse, he never directly says "Im not gay." Early on when Naoto is first introduced, he seems flustered towards 'him'. And after Naoto is revealed as a girl, he suddenly seems to avoid contact, like when he avoids going under the umbrella with her.
If the developers left it up to us to decide, I'd personally have to say that he's gay.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#10GSSAGE7Posted 2/14/2013 7:44:12 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
I havent finished the game so maybe he is yet to do something, but I've seen him make zero attempts towards women and he's just awkward with guys. During and after the bathhouse, he never directly says "Im not gay." Early on when Naoto is first introduced, he seems flustered towards 'him'. And after Naoto is revealed as a girl, he suddenly seems to avoid contact, like when he avoids going under the umbrella with her.
If the developers left it up to us to decide, I'd personally have to say that he's gay.

He did that with Naoto even before he knew she was a girl. Remember when he turned away and barely looked at Naoto during the club?