Naoto's text messages bug the crap outta me.

#1mk_spiritPosted 2/15/2013 1:58:26 PM
I don't believe for a second she would use improper grammar and text language when getting a hold of people.
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#2Alias_NemesisPosted 2/15/2013 2:19:03 PM
She texts Yu like Rise and Chie? She never texted me so i never knew that.

*Forever alone*
---
PSN = Dudecough {Now Playing: Ni No Kuni & Persona 4:G}
http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif%5D - http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Super_Spice_Bros_64.swf
#3hikari198Posted 2/15/2013 2:25:59 PM
That kinda annoyed me. How does a detective who is clearly a smart mofo text like that? I rejected her offer because of it.
---
Battlefield 3 Battlelog Stats
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/phys1calk1ller/stats/174731922/ps3/
#4MagatsuIzadachiPosted 2/15/2013 2:34:35 PM
She's still a teenager, almost everyone I know used to write like that.
---
Hi
PSN: TridentMX - XBL: REVampedBelmont
#5PolarbaggiPosted 2/15/2013 2:43:05 PM
My friends write like that. I kinda text like Kanji when I am on a phone,they also think I am way too proper.
---
3DS sells more then Vita, McDonald's sells more then Subway. I don't want inferior hardware just like I don't want type 2 Diabetes!~BoardUser-Heavysack
#6regularsharpPosted 2/15/2013 2:48:37 PM
It was rather jarring...

Since it's Naoto, however, you have need to really look at it. Notice how it's all in caps? Naoto wears a cap.

Nah, I kidding, but I will say this: when one types something in all caps, it implies that it's a DEMAND, and as Naoto's rank ten S link clearly states, YOU ARE HER BIATCH.

Did I make it all better? Worse, you say? Damn....
#7regularsharpPosted 2/15/2013 3:07:33 PM
Oh right, as a serious response, her text is probably like that to replicate something in the original, Japanese text.

Perhaps she texts in all kanji (no, this isn't a pun)? Or maybe all katakana since texting in all hiragana would come off as childish?

Ahhhh, the hazards of translating those funny moonrunes. If this is the case, Atlus should have translated it straight. It's odd, for sure.

(And as an unrelated gripe, it's pretty silly that my user level doesn't allow me to edit my posts. What's this supposed to safe guard, exactly?)
#8GSSAGE7Posted 2/15/2013 8:49:16 PM
Maybe it's because she just wants to get the message out as soon as possible?
She's a detective, she has better things to do than text on the phone. My 60+ year old father texted like that, and still spoke normally.
#9animefan1000Posted 2/15/2013 9:06:56 PM
Get over it grammar nazi.
---
Know your place!-Moka
#10natchu96Posted 2/15/2013 9:36:04 PM
animefan1000 posted...
Get over it grammar nazi.

Personally, I find myself typing with proper grammar without actually trying, and it takes me conscious effort to even write stuff like 'plz', but that's just how my brain is wired I guess. Nothing to do with being a grammar nazi.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)