does this game have to install

#1Stabby_Da_ClownPosted 2/15/2013 6:36:26 PM
Hey guys I am about to buy a vita and was wondering if this game ,or any game for that matter, has a large install size and/or large update sizes. I want to know if I can get away with a 4gb mem stick, for awhile at least, if I stick to buying physical copies.
---
A perfectly logical gamer reaction to something they dislike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w09rqkY0hbg
#2DBNULLdPosted 2/15/2013 6:48:35 PM
NO
---
My video game Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
i7 2600k | GTX 570 | 8 GB DDR3 | 256 GB Crucial M4
#3Stabby_Da_Clown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:51:33 PM
No to what exactly? No to large updates/install sizes or no to a 4gb men stick?
---
#4demunpuncherPosted 2/15/2013 6:56:59 PM(edited)
Well, it does install for system data and the icon, but it's like 10 MB with the install and all 18 save slots filled. The game isn't even 2 GB for the digital version, so a 4 GB is more than enough. I'm using a 4 GB for mine with 3 PSP games installed and 4 PSV games "installed" and still have about 700 MB left. You can also just cycle games in and out by backing them up to your computer, each one takes a few minutes at most.
#5ConMan8Posted 2/15/2013 6:56:53 PM(edited)
It doesn't install anything significant afaik. No patches yet, and there probably won't be any. Probably no DLC either.

You should probably get as large a memory card as you can afford though because PSP games are digital only.
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#6Stabby_Da_Clown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:02:58 PM
I Still have my regular PSP so I won't be buying digital copies of those for vita. My only concern is vita games. What has been your guys experience with other games and install sizes.
---
#7demunpuncherPosted 2/15/2013 7:11:00 PM
The digital version of every Vita game is under 2 GB, with most around the 1 GB-1.5 GB range. The "install" (for lack of a better word) for all the physical copies I've played on mine have been under 10 MB, usually around 5 MB, and that's including save data. With the additional ability to copy to and from a computer using the content manager there's really no reason to get anything over 4 GB unless you plan on having more than 3-5 games (or 2 PS1 classics since most of those take up an outrageous 1.5 GB+) that you want to play at the same time.
#8The_DARK_FoXPosted 2/15/2013 10:50:48 PM
Also, if you look at the bottom left corner of Vita boxes for games, it should show how much MB each game reqeuires for an install. The biggest I have is SFXT, which is 50 MB WITH the DLC and patches. None of my other games are even close to that, all of them under 17 MB. You have nothing to worry about as long as you stick to physical copies.
---
I was once a scuba diver in a sea of words, now I zip along the surface like a guy on a jet ski. - Nicholas Carr
PSN: ChaosxPaladin
#9LiquidGagaPosted 2/16/2013 12:00:55 AM
demunpuncher posted...
The digital version of every Vita game is under 2 GB, with most around the 1 GB-1.5 GB range. The "install" (for lack of a better word) for all the physical copies I've played on mine have been under 10 MB, usually around 5 MB, and that's including save data. With the additional ability to copy to and from a computer using the content manager there's really no reason to get anything over 4 GB unless you plan on having more than 3-5 games (or 2 PS1 classics since most of those take up an outrageous 1.5 GB+) that you want to play at the same time.

DJMax Technika tune is 3.1gb and PSBAR just received a 890mb update ...
---
PSN/Steam/Origin: LiquidGaga
Blue Moon, You saw me standing alone ~
#10RasolisuPosted 2/16/2013 12:46:35 AM
If you buy P4G online it is a 3.2gig download and save data is 17 mb.

A 4 gig card would hold it but a physical copy would be easier.