Getting a Vita with my tax refund...

#1Anime_Killer17Posted 2/16/2013 2:24:35 AM
I have never played any of the previous Persona games, but have been interested...

Is it worth picking up?
It'll probably be my first game for the system when I get it.
---
[This sig was deleted at the demand of the Illuminati]
#2HoIlywoodPosted 2/16/2013 2:27:56 AM
Its the best game on the Vita

However, be prepared for a LOT of dialogue(beginning of the game is 2-3 hours of dialogue)

And when you do get to battles finally, it's very fun
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#3Anime_Killer17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:34:38 AM
HoIlywood posted...

However, be prepared for a LOT of dialogue(beginning of the game is 2-3 hours of dialogue)

I'm not bothered by dialogue, as long as it's good dialogue.

I loved the Ace Attorney games, as well as 999.
---
#4Lawman_316Posted 2/16/2013 2:40:43 AM
Anime_Killer17 posted...
HoIlywood posted...

I'm not bothered by dialogue, as long as it's good dialogue.

I loved the Ace Attorney games, as well as 999.

Then I'd say this is right up your alley.
---
"Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in."
#5Anime_Killer17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:44:24 AM
Awesome ^_^

Now. I heard that the first playthrough can be crazy long due to lots of side stuff, but is there any replay value?
I know there's a NG+, but is it worth replaying a second time anyways?
---
#6Lawman_316Posted 2/16/2013 2:52:24 AM
Anime_Killer17 posted...
Awesome ^_^

Now. I heard that the first playthrough can be crazy long due to lots of side stuff, but is there any replay value?
I know there's a NG+, but is it worth replaying a second time anyways?

Depends. If you want to be a perfectionist then sure. I got in the middle of a New Game+ and didn't finish. Just one play got me more than 80 hours though, and I do plan on giving myself some space from the game before diving back in.
---
"Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in."
#7Anime_Killer17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 3:05:47 AM
I don't want to be a perfectionist, but I do want to explore everything this game has to offer.

This game sounds perfect for me now :D
---
#8TowerBooks3192Posted 2/16/2013 3:31:50 AM
Anime_Killer17 posted...
I don't want to be a perfectionist, but I do want to explore everything this game has to offer.

This game sounds perfect for me now :D

Only played P3P and Devil Survivor and Strange journey on the DS. P3P was a good persona game but it was not the complete experience because there was no 3D roaming around except in Dungeons. As for P4G, I never expected it to let its claw hold on to me and bring me deeper and deeper into it.

I have to say that I love tarot cards and myths and I was not that crazy about persona but I am now since P4G. Its the best way to experience persona in your pocket. I played the game and finished it once at 60 hours and that is not even doing things efficiently, I still have a lot to go and I have been playing only this game with every spare time I have.

Great game and its not released here yet but its so worth the port and the extra charge for express post. Get this and Disgaea 3 and I think you are good for a year or two.
---
Everyday is great at your Junes
#9demunpuncherPosted 2/16/2013 9:23:55 AM
There are dialogue options that are technically only available in NG+ (they require stat ranks you otherwise shouldn't have), most of which are either pretty funny, or make the MC seem like he's not quite right in the head. As well as two Social Links (around 20 total, they add to the storyline as a means of friendship) that each have two different characters associated with them, but you can only choose 1 per playthrough. There's also a bonus boss that's only available on NG+. It's also really fun to be able to curbstomp all the enemies that might have given you a hard time in NG, since in NG+ you get access to every Persona you unlocked in NG.
#10Anime_Killer17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:31:57 PM
demunpuncher posted...
There are dialogue options that are technically only available in NG+ (they require stat ranks you otherwise shouldn't have), most of which are either pretty funny, or make the MC seem like he's not quite right in the head. As well as two Social Links (around 20 total, they add to the storyline as a means of friendship) that each have two different characters associated with them, but you can only choose 1 per playthrough. There's also a bonus boss that's only available on NG+. It's also really fun to be able to curbstomp all the enemies that might have given you a hard time in NG, since in NG+ you get access to every Persona you unlocked in NG.

Good,

I was hoping that the NG+ wasn't just the exact same thing all over again.
---