Some thoughts about Chie and Yukiko (some spoilers)

#11porkins_da_manPosted 2/16/2013 10:26:47 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Done with episode 12, its before mitsuo. still nothing? What do you mean?

It's when he was having the hallucination and he saw Chie and Yukiko hanging out with Kou and Daisuke. I saw it as Yu getting jealous, it's more of what you take from it.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#12TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:41:14 AM
porkins_da_man posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

It's when he was having the hallucination and he saw Chie and Yukiko hanging out with Kou and Daisuke. I saw it as Yu getting jealous, it's more of what you take from it.

Are you sure it was on 12? I would have to recheck it in the morning. Well I am not sure why Chie agreed to Yosuke's plan in that Ai and Kou episode. Is she aware of Yosuke's reasons for letting her do that or she doesnt have a clue about it.

Wow! things are becoming more and more interesting
---
Everyday is great at your Junes
#13porkins_da_manPosted 2/16/2013 10:47:58 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
porkins_da_man posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

Are you sure it was on 12? I would have to recheck it in the morning. Well I am not sure why Chie agreed to Yosuke's plan in that Ai and Kou episode. Is she aware of Yosuke's reasons for letting her do that or she doesnt have a clue about it.

Wow! things are becoming more and more interesting

Well if memory serves, Ai likes Kou, but Kou likes Chie, and Yosuke thinks that Chie likes Yu which there might be some truth behind that. Ai gets mad at Chie and they fight. After that there's virtually no interaction between Kou and Chie except for episode 12 at around the 12 minute mark which turned out to not even be real.
---
#14regularsharpPosted 2/16/2013 12:40:14 PM
Chie had a crush on Takeshi. Takashi has a crush on Yukiko. Chie's not a dolt and knows this, and blah blah blah this turns into envy and is part of the reason Chie has a complex about her own quirky charms versus Yukiko's established status as a traditionally beautiful Japanese woman (IE: yamato nadeshiko).

Also, Chie subconsciously likes Yosuke, as her shadow -her true self- is a dominatrix and the only person she ever demonstrates an S&M relationship or dominating personality towards while still maintaining a positive friendship, is our hapless 'second banana'. Don't tell Chie she likes Yosuke though, she'll just deny it because that's the cool thing to do.

Oh, ho, ho! Notice how I said 'second banana'? Yosuke says that himself. Which I take to mean that at some level, Yosuke thinks he's inferior to the protagonist - his best friend (and he admits it later in his S link). Hey, can anybody tell me any OTHER party members in this game who on some level thinks they're inferior to their best friend? Hmmm? Hmmm?

And that's why people ship Chie and Yosuke. (but since sometimes romantic feelings =/= feelings of friendship, people tend to have hissy-fits when when you assume this kind of connection.)

*shrugs*

I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.
#15porkins_da_manPosted 2/16/2013 12:53:26 PM
regularsharp posted...

Also, Chie subconsciously likes Yosuke, as her shadow -her true self- is a dominatrix and the only person she ever demonstrates an S&M relationship or dominating personality towards while still maintaining a positive friendship, is our hapless 'second banana'. Don't tell Chie she likes Yosuke though, she'll just deny it because that's the cool thing to do.

I don't think her shadow was supposed to mean she was in to S&M. I think it was just to represent how much Yukiko relied on her and therefore Chie subconsciously knew that she had complete control over Yukiko. As for Yosuke and Chie, she never had a dominating personality over him, they just fought alot. Any romantic connection to them is just shipping nonsense created by fans who think that rivalry automatically equals sexual tension .
---
#16regularsharpPosted 2/16/2013 2:36:13 PM
porkins_da_man posted...
I don't think her shadow was supposed to mean she was in to S&M. I think it was just to represent how much Yukiko relied on her and therefore Chie subconsciously knew that she had complete control over Yukiko. As for Yosuke and Chie, she never had a dominating personality over him, they just fought alot. Any romantic connection to them is just shipping nonsense created by fans who think that rivalry automatically equals sexual tension .

Huh...?

That's REALLY silly. Of course she's not REALLY into S&M, and I don't remember making that claim. It was never my intention to seriously ship the two, either. In fact, I explicitly stated that, that's why people ship them, but assuming the connection isn't valid because sometimes romantic feelings =/= feelings of friendship. I'm personally not a shipper, but at the same time, I'm not ignorant to the connection and can laugh at it. Did you even read what I wrote?

I was simply implying that a shadow born from her subconscious came in the form of something that gains sexual pleasure from inflicting pain on it's loved one, and that she tends to inflict a lot of pain on Yosuke. So perhaps on some strange subconscious level, she secretly likes Yosuke. That's all. An sarcastic observation I had that I suppose clashed with your logic, and since you're too busy worrying about winners and losers, you became blind and missed the parenthesis.

(but since sometimes romantic feelings =/= feelings of friendship, people tend to have hissy-fits when when you assume this kind of connection.)~me

See?

And WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!? So their rivalry DOESN'T literally work on getting pleasure from dominating each other!? Care to re-think that one, sir? Cause last time I played Arena, Chie was kicking Yosuke in the face whilst GLEEFULLY singing "Everyday's great at your Junes!" Plus, she seems RATHER satisfied when she wins, and MORTIFIED when she loses so it's pretty obvious she thinks she's better than him. How does she like to express her dominance over Yosuke? Violence. Uncontrolled shouting. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly remember a part in this game where Yosuke bound himself with a rope and asked Chie to hold it.

Sounds like S&M to me, baby!

By the way, you were supposed to mention that Yukiko is another party member that thinks they're inferior to their best friend so I could agree, but offer that the sins are different. Yosuke and Chie feel straight envy. Yukiko's sin is more along the lines of envy and sloth.

So there, times infinity.
#17TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:07:26 PM
regularsharp posted...
*text about Chie,Yosuke, Yukiko*

Ok, now I get it. Takeshi is one of the contributing factors as to why she felt that way and envy why all guys drool on Yukiko but not her

As for Chie and Yosuke and that dominatrix part: What the heck is S & M?

I thought they just argue all the time but never really remember them expressing they fancy eachother since Yosuke is after Yukiko when she hits on her and how he got shot down.

I know Yosuke envy's Yu and they fought in the end of his S.Link, but that makes me confused about what his problem is the whole time since it starts with Konishi and Yu only pops up as his problem when you max him.

I cant say anything about arena and I don't usually take into consideration stories from spin-offs or fighting games. I tried to analyze what was going on in the Anime and the game since they complement eachother.
---
Everyday is great at your Junes
#18porkins_da_manPosted 2/16/2013 4:16:16 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
regularsharp posted...
*text about Chie,Yosuke, Yukiko*

S&M is when you like being ,um, punished. Ya know, leather suits, whips, handcuffs, all that weird stuff.
---
#19SmashStrikePosted 2/16/2013 4:30:07 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...

Sadism and Masochism. The practice of using pain as a sexual stimulant.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#20regularsharpPosted 2/16/2013 7:58:26 PM
>I thought they just argue all the time but never really remember them expressing they fancy each other since Yosuke is after Yukiko when she hits on her and how he got shot down.

Putting aside for a moment that I'm not trying to ship them, note that I also never suggested that Yosuke liked her back. I dunno, though. I'm I the only one who thinks it'd be hysterical to call Chie out on this, much like everyone calls Kanji out for being gay? Cause it's pretty much the same concept, no? (Except that Kanji inadvertently brings a lot of attention to his sexuality outside of having a gay shadow, whereas Chie doesn't.)

As for Yosuke going for Yukiko, nah, I never really saw that as any serious love affair. I saw it as typical Yosuke trying to woo the country hic with his big city popularity while he's still got his 'new kind in town' vibe. He's somewhat of a shallow opportunist when it comes to these things, I find, with the only girl he seriously tries to court being Saki. Yosuke knew Saki didn't like him, but still pursued her, yet with Yukiko, all I remember is him "giving it a shot", and when he fails he's just like "oh well, I tried".

That's how I read it anyway.

>I know Yosuke envy's Yu and they fought in the end of his S.Link, but that makes me confused about what his problem is the whole time since it starts with Konishi and Yu only pops up as his problem when you max him.

Well, Yosuke's envy towards the protagonist had nothing to do with Saki Konishi. It's more like the main character is everything Yosuke aspires to be, tried to be, and failed to be. The worst part of it is that he did it all so effortlessly.

Think about it from Yosuke's perspective. Dude swoops into some rural town from the big city, but unlike you who decided you'd be a petty little whine bag and NOT just take your new reality on the countryside in stride, the main character gets a sweet new power like a freaking SAINT because he never 'faced himself', sees ALL YOUR baggage as he deftly saves your life, and is generally liked by all - particularly that Yuki-hole girl you tried to bag when you first arrived in town. He accomplished more in FOUR freaking days than you EVER did, EVER.

I think there were PROBABLY a few points in the game where if the protagonist turned to Yosuke and said "u mad?" as he made his best s***-eating grin, Yosuke would have EXPLODED on the spot. And not exploded as 'be really mad', HE WOULD LITERALLY EXPLODE.

He gets over it though, and comes to realize he just has insane amounts of respect for the protag and that he values the protag's words and actions above anyone else's.

And then the same message you see when you fornicate with all your jail-bait hussies flashes on the screen in one of those super awkward 'wait, WHAT?' moments.

> You spent a long while with Yosuke...

EEEEK~! *fangirls faint*

>I cant say anything about arena and I don't usually take into consideration stories from spin-offs or fighting games.

Nah, neither do I, it was just funnier that way. Still, even without the arena example, it's pretty commonplace to see Yosuke on the wrong end of Chie's ire, and it seems obvious that she gets a "kick" outta harassing him AND his wallet. Pretty sure she Galactic Punts him once in the anime too, but that's all in the fun of being anime slapstick humor, so I'll let it slide.