Should the Events of P4A Lead Into Persona 5? *Spoilers*

#1TwilightEchoesPosted 2/17/2013 8:39:57 AM
Persona 4 Arena's story was mostly nothing notable, until the end that is. We're introduced to two new villains whose identities and motivations remain unknown.

One is human and has connections to the Kirijo group, taking control over the android Labrys remotely. The other is a shadow-like creature called "Malevolent Entity" that can take the appearance of anyone it desires and falsely pose as their shadows.

The latter is very possibly Nyarlathotep, a past main villian in the original Persona and the Persona 2 duology. That's evidenced by how it appears, operates, and also the voice actor. It's shadow-like, a shape-shifter, can appear/disappear out of thin air, can perfectly replicate the abilities of others down to copying their own persona, can use telepathy and interfere with Rise and Fuuka's communication, and mind-control. It's calm, almost seductive in tone, and is cruel and manipulative. We never see its true form and uses a human to assist its bidding.

Both are working together and refer to each other, though they never appear together partly due to the events of the seperate character stories being nothing alike. At least the Malevolent Entity seems to be very well informed of the events of the Dark Hour and Midnight Channel, even referring to Nyx. They sought to turn the Investigation Teams' personae back into shadows and use those strong shadows for an unknown purpose. Something called "the one true vessel" is also mentioned and is what the Malevolent Entity is seeking. They both promise we'll see them again as they make their exit.

So... should this have bearing on Persona 5? Would you like to see Nyarlathotep again or a villain like him? Should the previous casts be involved in Persona 5? Or would you rather these threads be left for another spin-off or such?
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#2porkins_da_manPosted 2/17/2013 8:44:08 AM
Honestly, they left waaay too many unanswered questions for them to move like the two villains and Minato's fate. I don't really want them to just make another fighting game, I want another RPG, and maybe you could play as a new character who joins the investigation team or SEES, or play as the child of Yu and whoever you fancy.
---
"Check out my sword, it's pretty myth-like."
#3ConMan8Posted 2/17/2013 8:47:10 AM
Atlus said P5 won't be like P3/4, didn't they?
---
Official [character] of the [game] board.
"We'll go get you some mashed potatoes." - Naoto
#4kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 8:57:03 AM
Please people cant you live P4 out of P5? Why EVERYTHING has to revolve around P4 character? Persona 5 will have a different cast and probably very unrelated to P3&P4, arent you tired of seeing the same characters all over again?

Aniway NO.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#5RinkuTanukiPosted 2/17/2013 9:06:04 AM
No. I think there will be one more game to wrap up the P3/P4 saga, and then P5 will be its own story.

At least, I'm really hoping.
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#6Cheesepower5Posted 2/17/2013 9:07:43 AM
Yes, but only somewhat. I want a new cast, with a few returning from the previous 6 Persona titles (1, 2IS, 2EP, 3, 4, 4A) with minor roles (see: Nanjou in Eternal Punsihment, Chihiro in P4, etc.) It ought to carry on the plot, but work as a self contained story.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
#7LinkofHyrule991Posted 2/17/2013 10:19:35 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Please people cant you live P4 out of P5? Why EVERYTHING has to revolve around P4 character? Persona 5 will have a different cast and probably very unrelated to P3&P4, arent you tired of seeing the same characters all over again?

Aniway NO.

I would be fine with moving on from P3/P4 to something new if Arena hadn't ended on a cliffhanger clearly leading to something big.
I don't expect the follow up to be in P5 though
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#8kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 10:31:44 AM
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

Aniway NO.

I would be fine with moving on from P3/P4 to something new if Arena hadn't ended on a cliffhanger clearly leading to something big.
I don't expect the follow up to be in P5 though

Well its only logical to continue in a fighting game or spin off, but P5 MUST be its own thing. I mean we can get new characters to love or hate.
---
#9TwilightEchoes(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:37:11 AM
I'll point out it's possible to have a new cast and just relegate the old ones to minor support roles, being cameos mostly, while continuing the other plot threads.

For instance, the new cast could join Mitsuru's Shadow Operatives as a special branch that the old casts aren't involved in, limiting their involvement. And circumstances have them fighting these new villains instead of old characters.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#10kratoscar2008Posted 2/17/2013 10:41:04 AM
TwilightEchoes posted...
I'll point out it's possible to have a new cast and just relegate the old ones to minor support roles, being cameos mostly, while continuing the other plot threads.

For instance, the new cast could join Mitsuru's Shadow Operatives as a special branch that the old casts aren't involved in, limiting their involvement. And circumstances have them fighting these new villains instead of old characters.

Its possible but VERY unlikely, i mean if they add P4 characters in P5 then i doubt they would only be cameos considering they are VERY popular, in P2 case the P1 cast werent exactly there just for fanservice they served a porpuse for the story.

I want a COMPLETELY new cast, having already known cast would diminish the effort put on the new characters.
---